Finnish man falls to death from Pattaya condominium

webfact

is this still worth mentioning ? it happens every week in Pattaya, isn't it ?

Pattaya is the #1 spot worldwide where people are "being suicided to death" by falling from Condos.....

Many countries have higher suicide rates than Thailand. Russia, USA and Australia being three examples. You probably hear of more suicides in Pattaya because they deaths are regularly reported in the English press here, including TV. Suicides are rarely reported this way in other countries, so you'd be unaware of them. Suicides in Pattaya are no near the per capita number in USA for example. It's nothing at all out of the ordinary.

Its not about the number but about the choice.

Too many here seem to fall, jump, slip from the balcony's

RIP to the victim and condolences to the family

Correct, it is more about the type of people who commit " suicide" here. So while raw numbers for

suicides in Thailand overall may not be high, I am quite certain that in suicides for tourists, either long term or short term, that Thailand would be at the top of the list.... Somebody once did a study of suicides in tourist cities around the world, with the premise being people generally do not go

on a holiday to off themselves. I believe that Pattaya came out on top. So something is going on here.

Either Thai girls are great at breaking hearts, or the Thai boyfriend of the girl get a few friends together and pitch the farang off the balcony.. Thus making it the perfect crime......

Except.........farangs almost never commit suicide by jumping off buildings. Chinese people seem to like that choice however.

http://www.suicidemethods.net/suicide-methods/

"Dropping from a height accounts for only 2% of reported US suicides based on a 2005 research project. Hong Kong however, with its high number of sky scrapers, makes jumping the method of choice for 52.1% of suicides (study results 2006)."

Don't forget, pattaya, being the kind of tone that it is, also attracts some maybe medically or financially challenged individuals who want to have one last massive blow-out before checking out. I have know a couple cases of this personally. I think a good number of these suicides may result from this phenomenon.

Oh No, they have only just finished painting it.

Seems very strange that he could sneak up to the 18th floor of a condominium in which he did not live, gain access to a fire exit and jump off.

Up to 18 months ago I had a Condo in the block this guy jumped from, and within reason nobody was ever challenged, each of the five blocks always have a security guard by the door, but some times they have other things to do, if I had been to Tesco's on a big shop and came back with a "big shop" they would always help me to my room, nothing was to much for them.

The fire exits at the end of the buildings are open, I hope now they may think putting some bars or mesh up to stop this happening again.

Again I feel sorry for those who have to clear the mess up.

Edited by Basil B

Pattaya is in danger of becoming better known for its high-rise 'suicides' than for any other aspects of its reputation.

Actually, I think the number has been DECREASING in recent years.

Nice try though at a predictable Pattaya bash.

Another suicide?????????????

Something is definitely wrong with LOS....by far too many suicide!!!!

.You are really foolish, something is wrong with Thailand because Farangs commit suicide here ?

Do you know how many suicides there are in Europe every year ? check it out.

The state that many farang get themselves into in Thailand, I'm always surprised that the Farang suicide rate is not a whole lot higher.

Seems very strange that he could sneak up to the 18th floor of a condominium in which he did not live, gain access to a fire exit and jump off.

Up to 18 months ago I had a Condo in the block this guy jumped from, and within reason nobody was ever challenged, each of the five blocks always have a security guard by the door, but some times they have other things to do, if I had been to Tesco's on a big shop and came back with a "big shop" they would always help me to my room, nothing was to much for them.

The fire exits at the end of the buildings are open, I hope now they may think putting some bars or mesh up to stop this happening again.

I hope you dont mean that they will put some bars and mesh in front of the fire exits ??......A very bad idea.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

The usuall suspects on here would have you believe it was another murder of a falang ,he was drugged ,mugged or whatever ,then carried to a strange condo block away from where he lived ,transported to the 18th floor and thrown off ,as to reasons ,make up whatever seems appropriate coffee1.gif

is this still worth mentioning ? it happens every week in Pattaya, isn't it ?

Pattaya is the #1 spot worldwide where people are "being suicided to death" by falling from Condos.....

Many countries have higher suicide rates than Thailand. Russia, USA and Australia being three examples. You probably hear of more suicides in Pattaya because they deaths are regularly reported in the English press here, including TV. Suicides are rarely reported this way in other countries, so you'd be unaware of them. Suicides in Pattaya are no near the per capita number in USA for example. It's nothing at all out of the ordinary.

According to worldhealth stats, Thailand is #28 USA #63rd and Australia #87th.

I hope you dont mean that they will put some bars and mesh in front of the fire exits ??......A very bad idea.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

No the Stair wells are on the end of the building, there is an opening, I assume he climbed over and jumped.

it is this opening, on every floor that should have some sort of mesh over it.

post-20091-0-42315600-1395526265_thumb.j

P.S. this is an old picture, the building was repainted 18 months ago.