Importing Large Farm Equipment

wayned

post-77463-0-91849600-1395455195_thumb.jpost-77463-0-82211200-1395455234_thumb.jpost-77463-0-56617600-1395455255_thumb.j

I purchased a JD6620 Combine and JD643 Corn Head in the US and had it containerized and it is being loaded on a ship in Long Beach, California, this weekend. It's due to arrive Bangkok in late April. I've arranged Customs clearance and logistics through a broker recommended by a TV member and all looks like it is going well. Once delivered to my home vilage it will be fun unloading the contaier and putting the beast together, that weighs 102000 kilos and is now in 177 pieces, with Thai farmers and the operator and parts manuals which are in English.. It's been an exhausting adventure due to the time differences but it looks as if the savings will be between 30-50% over purchasing it here. I was told that I could not do it and would have to purchase it through a dealer here so it was a challange.

If it goes well and I manage to glue it back together and get it working properly I've actyually been ask by three others to import equipment for them and have set up and arrangement with the dealer in the US.

Anybody want a new bull to ride?

post-77463-0-84781700-1395455389_thumb.j

To answer both of your posts:

Guarantee will not be an issue as it is used, as is where is, but is from a reputable working farm in Minnesota . We have a JD9500 and JD4435 and corn and bean headers already. Many of the parts for the US produced units are actually built in Chonburi and are readily avialable but the parts for the JD 4435 are from Germany and are hard to get and take a long time. Both the 9500 and 6620 and corn headers are US built. The 9500 is a lot bigger and it is hard to access some areas, hence the smaller 6620.

I live in Nakhon Sawan Province about 12 kilometers southeast of Ban Takfa.

i hope it goes well , i would not celebrate just yet , wait until its out of customs and in your hands , once its in the hands of customs ,broker or no broker , they call the shots .... it all gets back to money .... lets hope u dont get screwed by some greedy individual !! goodluck mate , huge undertaking ...