Songkran in Bang Chang ?

Jessi

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing from my post above - over beers at a corner shop tonight, the Thai old timers here in Pala inform me that Songkran in this area will be celebrated on:

17th in Ban Chang town

17th in Payoon (was some discussion about 18th, but consensus is 17th)

19th in Pala

20th in Maptaphut

25th in Rayong City

.... so one can have fun (or avoid same) throughout the latter part of April in general.

That shop on the corner is known as "The swollen Prostrate" rolleyes.gif

LOL, you may be referring to the shop at the mini-roundabout in Pala village where the old expats gather for beer and banter most afternoons. I'd heard it was called "The Changfist Club". I got my info further along near the old concrete pier where the old Thai fishermen gather (for lao khao and banter most afternoons). I was only on a bike ride, of course whistling.gif

LOL, you may be referring to the shop at the mini-roundabout in Pala village where the old expats gather for beer and banter most afternoons. I'd heard it was called "The Changfist Club". I got my info further along near the old concrete pier where the old Thai fishermen gather (for lao khao and banter most afternoons). I was only on a bike ride, of course whistling.gif

Yes the shop at the round about is the one. I drove past there on Tuesday and my wife said "Oh look those poor old men they are always sitting there, dont they have a home to go to?" facepalm.gifcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

25th in Rayong City

I've lived in Rayong city (approx between Tesco lotus and Laem Thong) and it has always been the 13th. One day only from around 08:00 to 19:00.

Some roads on the South side of Sukhumvit are jammed with water throwing pick up trucks. It's only one day so no problems, join in or stay in for a day.

Maybe the 25th somewhere else in Rayong, but it does sound a bit late.

25th in Rayong City

I've lived in Rayong city (approx between Tesco lotus and Laem Thong) and it has always been the 13th. One day only from around 08:00 to 19:00.

Some roads on the South side of Sukhumvit are jammed with water throwing pick up trucks. It's only one day so no problems, join in or stay in for a day.

Maybe the 25th somewhere else in Rayong, but it does sound a bit late.

Agreed. Should be the 13th. Probably a misunderstanding when I asked the old Pala fishermen - maybe they meant they were on their 25th shot of lao khao blink.png

I believe the UN delegation at the Phala roundabout have been hired to solve the Ukraine crisis

Thank god for that.rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gifrolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif I thought they were just there getting pissed every day tongue.png

It's started in Pala!! Two Thai males attacked me with mega-guns at sunset tonight. Looked like devious 5-year olds. Dared not press the trigger but ran off squealing "Good Morning, Teacher". The OP has been warned. It's war out there!

Continuing from my post above - over beers at a corner shop tonight, the Thai old timers here in Pala inform me that Songkran in this area will be celebrated on:

17th in Ban Chang town

17th in Payoon (was some discussion about 18th, but consensus is 17th)

19th in Pala

20th in Maptaphut

25th in Rayong City

.... so one can have fun (or avoid same) throughout the latter part of April in general.

Rayong City was on Sunday 13th, i was there , so i would not put too much faith in the other dates