Thailand Kennal Club? How does it all work here?

So I have started to twist the Mrs's arm and I am one step closer to getting a boxer puppyw00t.gif

I grew up with the most beautiful white boxer as a child and always wanted to eventually have my own. Finally I am in a position (just) to be able to care for one responsibly, albeit in Thailand now!

Now I am reasearching around trying to find reputable breeders who genuinely care for the pups, which is a hard task in itself. I have found one which quotes 30000 tbh inc registration papers, however I am a little unsure how this works in Thailand. What would these 'registration papers' be for? He did mention the parents are a Thailand Champion and an Indian Champion mother (not sure worth of that with so few boxers beign shown?) so would it just be to register it as this for breeding purposes?

Can anyone offer any other advise when buying this breed, or indeed any non local breed here in Thailand? I am aware it is not ideal given small breeding pools, so weighing up the options at this stage really.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Bmouthboyo,

Doubt you need to spend anything like 30K for a Boxer, although I don't know much about them here. I can put you in touch with the BEAGLE CLUB which is very active and just MAYBE someone there can give you a contact for a similar club for Boxers.

Try: attp:www.beaglegang.com

I don't have a contact name there, I just get heaps of Beagle Pics on facebook from them on a daily basis.

Hope this is of some help. One thing to watch for with Boxers, is apparently they can develop Kidney Problems. I have a daughter in Australia who has Boxers and I understand you do need to get a good Vet to check their Kidneys.

Good luck, hope you find a beautiful Boxer to join your Thai family.

not kidneys. heart. and prone to cancer. i would make sure to get local boxers or boxers with longer snouts. the squishy faced northern european types do suffer from the heat but the longer nosed ones will do fine if acclimated. nienke up in chiang mai is a boxer fanatic so she could help you and also check in the spca type places .... many a farang has had to leave a dog behind, and many dogs are awaiting for adoption that could be purebred or mixed with identifiable boxer attributes. just so u should know, white boxers are not registerable (unless things have changed) due to them carrying a gene for deafness... a white boxer is the progeny of a coloured boxer with white patter over more then a third of their body (boxers come with white sox, white blaze/stripe and white aprons. if mated with another boxer with the same attributes then there will be boxers showing white and there will be boxers carrying the white gene. some folks breed for white but i certainly wouldnt. boxers ahve enough genetic problems without addtional colour oriented ones.

heart and hips (and good strong personality) and jaw/facial shape should be considered as well.

also unless you are going to go for high level working dog training, get a family oriented set of genes and not a working dog set of genes as theya re high super high energy and brains and need to be challenged . a family style boxer will be fun and games but not quite as driven to perform all the time. less damage to toilet bowl brushes and sofas and such in the long run.

boxers tend to live up to about 7-9 years due to genetic problems, a mixed boxer might last a bit longer and have a bit less problems (but not always).

frankly i dont know why u wouldnt want a local type dog if u are going to live in tahiland. they arent over bred as it is still a bit survival of the fittest, and they do suit the climate...

not kidneys. heart. and prone to cancer. i would make sure to get local boxers or boxers with longer snouts. the squishy faced northern european types do suffer from the heat but the longer nosed ones will do fine if acclimated. nienke up in chiang mai is a boxer fanatic so she could help you and also check in the spca type places .... many a farang has had to leave a dog behind, and many dogs are awaiting for adoption that could be purebred or mixed with identifiable boxer attributes. just so u should know, white boxers are not registerable (unless things have changed) due to them carrying a gene for deafness... a white boxer is the progeny of a coloured boxer with white patter over more then a third of their body (boxers come with white sox, white blaze/stripe and white aprons. if mated with another boxer with the same attributes then there will be boxers showing white and there will be boxers carrying the white gene. some folks breed for white but i certainly wouldnt. boxers ahve enough genetic problems without addtional colour oriented ones.

heart and hips (and good strong personality) and jaw/facial shape should be considered as well.

also unless you are going to go for high level working dog training, get a family oriented set of genes and not a working dog set of genes as theya re high super high energy and brains and need to be challenged . a family style boxer will be fun and games but not quite as driven to perform all the time. less damage to toilet bowl brushes and sofas and such in the long run.

boxers tend to live up to about 7-9 years due to genetic problems, a mixed boxer might last a bit longer and have a bit less problems (but not always).

frankly i dont know why u wouldnt want a local type dog if u are going to live in tahiland. they arent over bred as it is still a bit survival of the fittest, and they do suit the climate...

Hi bina, thank you for the detailed reply. Can I ask what you mean by "local type dog'? do you mean local bred boxer or like a rescue dog?

Also does regisration in Thailand meen anything? Is it regulated like in the the UK for instance?

Hi bina, thank you for the detailed reply. Can I ask what you mean by "local type dog'? do you mean local bred boxer or like a rescue dog?

Also does regisration in Thailand meen anything? Is it regulated like in the the UK for instance?

As far as I know papers would be registered with the kennel club as proof of pedigree and the certificate received would show family tree etc the same as in England. As soon as I can find the papers for my dog I will post a copy.

As far as I know papers would be registered with the kennel club as proof of pedigree and the certificate received would show family tree etc the same as in England. As soon as I can find the papers for my dog I will post a copy.

Well no family tree just the Sire and Dam names.

post-62764-0-74970300-1395976403_thumb.j

thai village dog/pariah dog - not a registerd bred but a genetic line that can be traced back...

not the regular mix breeds, village dogs are a definate type... read up about them...