Chinese tourist nabbed with big stash of 'ice' at Don Mueang Airport

webfact

Chinese tourist nabbed with big stash of 'ice'
The Nation

30230106-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Chinese woman was arrested along with 3 kilograms of "ice" worth Bt10 million at Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport yesterday morning.

Customs Department deputy chief Rawi Prateepdolpreecha told the press that Chinese national Li Huanhuan, 26, from Shenzhen was arrested after the drugs were found sealed at the bottom of her bag.

Li claimed she had come to Thailand as a tourist and a friend had asked her to take the bag along for someone living here, but that she did not know it contained drugs.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-26

and who was this friend in Thailand she was to give it to? why are they not after him?

What makes you think they're not? The police are hardly likely to disclose their follow up moves are they?

• Like 1

Recently suggestions were made for a new visa approach (visa free) towards Chinese toursits/arrivals

Surely this is an option for a new visa on arrival when drugdealing

a longstay visa in bangkwang!

• Like 1

and who was this friend in Thailand she was to give it to? why are they not after him?

What makes you think they're not? The police are hardly likely to disclose their follow up moves are they?

Disclose their follow up moves?

I thought, they always do that.

Declare that they will arrest a named criminal 3 days before it happens.

Announce that they will bust a joint a week before it happens.

This is nice police.........Plenty of advance warning to the criminals.

wondering what is on the table in the pic?

it looks like " ivory " to me i dont know any1 who,s tried to smoke it thinking its " ice " facepalm.gif

Yeah, I might have a go at some Ivory, the last time I tried smoking ice I went through two lighters trying to crank up the wet papers, I don't know what they see in it.

Edited by harada

Must admit that I am confused by the picture accompanying this story. What does it have to do with a drug bust at the airport?

Shouldn't the Chinese woman be sitting at a table, hiding her face, with the drugs in front of her and a bunch of smug looking cops pointing their fingers for the photo-op?

Yes many of us noticed the absence of the finger.. . . quite concerning, this lack of protocol

But announcing she was busted, makes people leave their asses behind, or like a certain guy in Dubai, on the run?????