Problem With True Adsl And Mac

soisix

We have a newly installed True adsl line hooked up to a wifi router (U.S. robotics). It works wonderfully on my husband's PC (which I am working on now), but not with my mac. At first it was working okay (although it would lose the internet and was a lot slower than on the PC), but now it seems to only keep connected for a minute or two before it dies, sometimes showing it is connected to the station other times not. Once it's lost, there's nothing I can do to regain it - it only decides to magically work again on its own (usually after multiple reboots).

Has anyone experienced this problem and aware of any settings I might be able to use to address it?

We have a newly installed True adsl line hooked up to a wifi router (U.S. robotics). It works wonderfully on my husband's PC (which I am working on now), but not with my mac. At first it was working okay (although it would lose the internet and was a lot slower than on the PC), but now it seems to only keep connected for a minute or two before it dies, sometimes showing it is connected to the station other times not. Once it's lost, there's nothing I can do to regain it - it only decides to magically work again on its own (usually after multiple reboots).

Has anyone experienced this problem and aware of any settings I might be able to use to address it?

What Mac ? what operating system X or 9,what connection,you dont give enough details to help you

If you are able to ditch the mac and get a PC, I did after 12 years of using macs. I do not regrett it for one minute.

If you are able to ditch the mac and get a PC, I did after 12 years of using macs. I do not regrett it for one minute.

Believe me, I am tempted. I'll give the suggested fix a try and see how it goes. Thanks for all your responses. cheers!