Empire Residence Nimman any good?

Bassosa

Hello everyone,

Will be going to CM very soon (staying two months) and currently looking at my options in terms of accommodation.

Have a budget of 25000 baht per month max and am considering a serviced apartment. Want to be in the Nimman area.

Read that Empire is slightly run down and not good value for money anymore? Is that true?

Are there any other place that come recommended? I'm quite fussy and would love to stay somewhere quality, even if that means paying more or staying at a smaller place. No requirement for gym or pool.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Bassosa

I haven't been inside the Empire for about three years so I cannot comment on the current status. It is expensive due to it's location right on Nimmen. If you don't mind to be a 10-15 minute walk away from Nimmen, The Bliss seems to be a nice place. Just google "The Bliss Chiang Mai" and you should find it. It's west of Nimman and south of Huay Kaow.

I was told they have rooms of varying sizes. The prices on the web site are per night, so you will need to talk to them about monthly rates, which should be offered at a steep discount. If you do speak to them, let me know how it works out.

Empire is very nice, i dont know who told you it was run down, but they are wrong. Dont get a room facing niman though, street life is loud.

Behind niman there is Punna residence, you may find a privately owned condo for rent, ask at the office.

On the other side of niman between srirajamangala and niman there are many new condos, and all in your price range. Any condo/apartment between those two roads are in walking distance to everything you need in that area.

Edited by KRS1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I enjoyed my stay at Empire. Rooms are starting to wear down somewhat. All furniture is scuffed and my bed sheets had a hole in it. I would rate it 3 1/2 stars. Noise not too bad at all but the rooms facing Nimanhemin Rd would be a nightmare

I ended up securing an apartment at Mirror across the road from Empire. Brand new, 52m2, 1 bedroom at 18000 baht. Place looks quality, now we'll have to find out whether it really is...

Well I enjoyed my stay at Empire. Rooms are starting to wear down somewhat. All furniture is scuffed and my bed sheets had a hole in it. I would rate it 3 1/2 stars. Noise not too bad at all but the rooms facing Nimanhemin Rd would be a nightmare

I ended up securing an apartment at Mirror across the road from Empire. Brand new, 52m2, 1 bedroom at 18000 baht. Place looks quality, now we'll have to find out whether it really is...

and water/electric/internet/deposit/mandatory cleaning? That's a good location/size place, though. 2 months in low season, I would look at www.agoda.com

Flat fee of 200 baht per month for water and the place is cleaned twice a week (included in price). Wifi included as well.

Bond was only 10.000 which is a refreshing change compared to the two month's worth the agencies want.

Electricity is charged at 8 baht per unit but as it is a brand new apartment that's fairly modest in size it should be OK. Brand new, efficient AC unit as well.

All in all I'm pretty happy..saw some real dumps that charge just as much in my travels researching apartments.

Flat fee of 200 baht per month for water and the place is cleaned twice a week (included in price). Wifi included as well.

Bond was only 10.000 which is a refreshing change compared to the two month's worth the agencies want.

Electricity is charged at 8 baht per unit but as it is a brand new apartment that's fairly modest in size it should be OK. Brand new, efficient AC unit as well.

All in all I'm pretty happy..saw some real dumps that charge just as much in my travels researching apartments.

Many thanks on your updating.

Always nice to hear how some one resolves a situation.