Washing feather pillows

claaay

I found the old thread "Cleaning Feather Pillows", which tells me everything I already know--wash and dry them in a machine. It's certainly how cleaned them back home, not a problem. However, I have found it spectacularly difficult to find a large, electric (or gas) clothes dryer here in Chatujak. Does anyone know of a laundry in this area which has facilities?

Have you ever tried this? I haven't. I found one or two old posters from sites like here who say they had to let them dry for several days. I'm a little worried mold would take hold if I do that. Also, I live in an 8th floor apartment in Bangkok, no balcony. I didn't mention before, but dry cleaning is out of the question. I have to find a way to wash and dry these things soon or I'll have to throw them away. Have thought about going to a big hotel and offering to pay.

These are regular bed pillows from IKEA, half down/half some other kind of feathers. I like them better than all down. Cheap in the US 6 years ago. I think you can get them at the IKEA in Bangna. I've also seen nice ones at one of the malls in BKK, expensive.