icecream, selfmade

h90

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Make whatever you like but do not use sweeteners, they are really bad for your health. Use pure coconut sugar instead. It's full of minerals and doesn't have the same detrimental effect on insulin levels as processed sugar. Fat it not an issue for health, it's carbohydrates, sugars, fructose and processed foods that are. Don't overdo the protein either. Alternatively, make a sorbet with coconut sugar, any form of fruit and mix in whisked egg white to get it smooth. Make sure your eggs are organic. Lots of recipes on the web and delicious on a hot day...

sugar is sugar, no matter from what plant it comes. Egg white gives me some concerns about Salmonella.

Not quite true h90.

Not all sugars are the same and using coconut sugar has certainly improved my fasting insulin and sugar levels.

Fructose is your real problem as are artificial sweeteners.

As for Salmonella, that's why I recommend organic eggs as they're less likely to be a problem.

Fructose syrup is a bigger problem, true.

But on the other sources: if it is Glucose+Fructose or Sucrose than it is normal table sugar no matter from which plant it was made.
True or not on the organic eggs I don't know....at least they taste better.

I know coconut sugar is Glucose+Fructose, just like all other sugars, but for some reason it does seem to help reduce sugar levels. There have been some trials using it with the same results. Maybe it's because of it's higher mineral content or because it isn't processed like ordinary cane or beet sugar. Who knows? But it does seem to work for me.

Yep, organic eggs are much tastier and the yolks are such a good golden colour. Always a good sign. The chances of them containing Salmonella are much smaller due to the conditions the chickens are kept in. I certainly wouldn't use raw egg from battery farmed chickens but I don't think anyone can guarantee Salmonella free eggs!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

sugar is sugar, no matter from what plant it comes. Egg white gives me some concerns about Salmonella.

Not quite true h90.

Not all sugars are the same and using coconut sugar has certainly improved my fasting insulin and sugar levels.

Fructose is your real problem as are artificial sweeteners.

As for Salmonella, that's why I recommend organic eggs as they're less likely to be a problem.

Fructose syrup is a bigger problem, true.

But on the other sources: if it is Glucose+Fructose or Sucrose than it is normal table sugar no matter from which plant it was made.

True or not on the organic eggs I don't know....at least they taste better.

I know coconut sugar is Glucose+Fructose, just like all other sugars, but for some reason it does seem to help reduce sugar levels. There have been some trials using it with the same results. Maybe it's because of it's higher mineral content or because it isn't processed like ordinary cane or beet sugar. Who knows? But it does seem to work for me.

Yep, organic eggs are much tastier and the yolks are such a good golden colour. Always a good sign. The chances of them containing Salmonella are much smaller due to the conditions the chickens are kept in. I certainly wouldn't use raw egg from battery farmed chickens but I don't think anyone can guarantee Salmonella free eggs!

On the egg:

Much tastier: Yes

Golden color: That doesn't mean much anymore. This color comes from what the chicken eats and now that can be added easily to the chicken-factory eggs. So they can have the same beautiful color sad.png

I don't know for now, but before there was always less risk of Salmonella on the factory eggs, because they fed lots antibiotics to the chicken....(that is why some boys get female breast from it...).

Since when did we choose to indulge in ice-cream for it's health giving properties ? whistling.gif

It doesn't need to be bad food.

Like Pizza can be healthy with some minor modifications....

Easy to make very healthy low calorie sorbets and IMO they are tastier than ice cream.

Just blend raspberries and add a small amount of whatever sweetener you prefer -- stevia, sucralose, honey or even a tiny amount of sugar, doesn't need much - and freeze. for ice-cream like consistancy, blend briefly before serving.

Can also do lemon sorbet but the need for sweetener is greater.

• 3 weeks later...

I just put in either frozen banana or mango into an ordinary electric blender plus just add a little non-sweetened soy drink and that's it. Blend, and In just a few minutes I have a great cold dessert. Has the consistency and texture of soft ice cream except it tastes a lot better than that.

Banana ice cream doesnot need soymilk to be creamy

Just Add

A spoon of flax seeds for smoothness and added omega 3

A pinch of real cinnamon

An inch of vanilla pod

You've got a ticket to heaven smile.png

Do you ground your flax seed or do you think that is not needed ?

When I used to take it id make sure id grind it a bit because else (in my opinion) the body would not be able to get its nutrients. Now I just buy cold pressed flax seed oil whenever I am near Pattaya.