not just bus drivers

seajae

wife came home for lunch today and not long after she walked in her phone rang, it was one of her office staff calling to tell her that the conveyor belt had just been hit by a ship again. This is the second time in the past few months, the repair work had just been finished from the last hit, seems captains dont watch what they do either. Strange thing is the captains claim they didnt see itblink.png , a bright yellow and blue structure(flashing lights) around 30 feet above the wharf which makes it eye level with the ships control deck windows(this was the reason for the height). The conveyor belt was re newed late last year and everything was done to make it extremely obvious to any ships that used that section of the wharf but it is usually reserved just for barges to be filled, the old one was way past its use by, you just have to wonder what in the hell these idiots are doing not to see it especially when they know it is there ans has been for many years. My first question was whether or not the captains had run away after they hit it, probably too busy necking the beer or whisky bottles.......

I have noticed many Thais working on my land or building pay little attention to the impending hazard I can see way in advance, the slightest thing draws their attention away, I often wonder what they are thinking about.

I know exactly what you mean, wife came home tonight and informed me that the captain is now trying to claim it was the winds fault, mind you he was lucky no one was killed as the conveyor belt and the steel structute is now lying on the wharf, several tons that was bolted through concrete in several places has been sheered off because he hit it that hard. Seems that no one has any idea how to control any sort of vehicle/ship at all here, probably doesnt have a masters ticket either or he bought it.