STR guard shot dead in Nonthaburi

webfact

ANTI-GOVERNMENT CAMPAIGN
STR guard shot dead in Nonthaburi

The Nation

30230613-01_big.jpg
Photo : Thai PBS

BANGKOK: -- A security guard for the Students and People Network for Thailand's Reform was shot dead and three STR-led protesters were injured in an ambush on Tuesday afternoon.

The guard was identified as Wasant Khamwong. He was shot in the head and died at Ramathibodi Hospital.

The protesters were shot at 2:44pm while they were returning from a rally at the Government Complex. They had followed protesters with the People's Democratic Reform Committee led by Suthep Thaugsuban to a rally at the Government Complex in Chaeng Wattana area.

STR leader Uthai Yodmanee said the STR procession was returning from Chaeng Wattana to the Chamai Maruchet Bridge when a guard riding a motorcycle was shot in the leg about five to ten minutes after the procession started to move.

Protesters travelling by bus were passing Wat Buakwan to enter the Chaeng Wattana expressway at the Ngam Wong Wan gate when assailants fired, injuring three more protesters.

Uthai said the shots were fired from inside the temple.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-01

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least twice now the red shits have used Temples,

They are so superstitious (like their Master Thaksin) that perhaps they believe that by shooting from a temple they will not be caught, or that their descent into Hell will be like a path of roses. Who knows what may be running on the minds of those maniacs!

Edited by MGP

Scum, firing from a place of worship...

How much lower can the PTP and Shinawatra thugs get???

Much lower as they are desperate to hold on to power and not let anyone discover how much and where the money has gone

• Like 1

One dead in gun attack on Thai protesters

BANGKOK, April 1, 2014 (AFP) - A Thai anti-government protester was shot dead and several others wounded Tuesday when their vehicle came under attack, officials said, reigniting tensions in Bangkok after weeks of relative calm.

The victims, supporters of a militant faction of the opposition movement, were returning from a rally at a government complex in the north of the capital when they came under fire from unknown assailants.

A 52-year-old man was killed and four others were wounded, according to the city's Erawan emergency centre.

"According to our initial intelligence information, it definitely involved politics," said Paradorn Pattanatabut, a security adviser to Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

"It is hard to control the situation," he said, adding that hardliners were mixed up in the deadly political crisis.

Thailand has been shaken by a series of grenade attacks and shootings, often targeting protesters, that have left 24 people dead and hundreds wounded in recent months.

The violence had eased since the rallies were scaled back at the start of March when demonstrators abandoned their occupation of major intersections in Bangkok and converged in a park in the city.

The splinter group that was attacked, the Network of Students and People for the Reform of Thailand, has often been at the vanguard of attempts to storm state buildings during five months of rallies seeking to oust Yingluck.

The protesters want Yingluck to step down to make way for an unelected interim government to oversee reforms aimed at curbing the political dominance of her billionaire family.

Thailand has seen years of political conflict and rival street protests by opponents and supporters of her brother, fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra who was ousted in a coup in 2006 and lives overseas to avoid jail for a corruption conviction.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-04-01

It's a dreadful thing. Both sides are quite willing to use violence against each other but the truly innocent also get caught in the crossfire

Ah yes, the old canard of "they are all the same". when was the last time a Red Shirt march was the target of an act of terrorism resulting in injuries and deaths?

In December, soi 24 Ramkamhaeng.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Ow yes, beat up the monks so they get scared. than use the temple to shoot from to people you not like... way to go boys

perhaps some monks are not so avid in their believe system as we would all like to pretend they should be...

• Like 1

It's a dreadful thing. Both sides are quite willing to use violence against each other but the truly innocent also get caught in the crossfire

Ah yes, the old canard of "they are all the same". when was the last time a Red Shirt march was the target of an act of terrorism resulting in injuries and deaths?

In December, soi 24 Ramkamhaeng.

That was one skirmish between the Red Shirts and the local population after days of escalating tensions, with casualties on both sides and not at all the same as the hit and run attacks against anti-government protestors. Even then it is the only example you can give? Because there have been nearly daily attacks against anti-government protestors.

Edited by AleG
  • Like 2

Ow yes, beat up the monks so they get scared. than use the temple to shoot from to people you not like... way to go boys

perhaps some monks are not so avid in their believe system as we would all like to pretend they should be...

Agree in that, I am no pro of any religion but, to use such places in such a religious country is reaching a new low imo

• Like 1

Expect to read a lot more of these attacks.

They have clearly been ordered in the run up to April 5th red shirt rally to frighten away PDRC supporters to keep the numbers as low as possible.

If they step up the attacks and fatalities over the next few days, it may just instill enough fear to keep many away, while encouraging the red shirts at the same time.

ALL terrorists should face the death penalty as mandatory..... just so they know what they are risking for themselves.

• Like 1

Gunfire On PCAD Tollway Convoy Kills 1
By Khaosod English

13963490401396349174l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Unidentified assailants have opened fire on anti-government demonstrators' motorised convoy in Nonthaburi province today, killing one protester.

Three other protesters were also wounded by the gunfire, which erupted as supporters of People's Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) were marching on Ngam Wong Wan Expressway at around 14.30.

The protesters were returning from Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road, where hundreds of PCAD supporters remain encamped, to their campsite near Government House in Bangkok.

Protesters showed reporters bullet holes on a bus of their convoy.

The name of the deceased protester has not been released. It is understood that a total of four people have been shot, 2 men and 2 women.

PCAD protest sites and marches have frequently come under gunfire and grenade attacks since their "Occupy Bangkok" campaign began in January, claiming many lives. The police have been heavily criticised for failing to arrest or prosecute the perpetrators in these attacks.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1396349040&section=11&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-04-02

Not quite true. One side has used violence against anyone they don't like for years. The other side uses violence to defend itself.

But you just can't admit it.

Try telling that to anyone who saw the violence at Rajamangala last November...just one example. There are many. This should not be a question of which side has the greater capacity for/willingness to use violence. All violence is to be condemned.

All violence has to be condemned I agree with that 100%

However the reds are famous for it.. this one is surely a red one.. and trad for sure too.. then you got the military grade weapons cache found from the reds.. it kinda shows what side is more violent. You have to go way back to find victims while its much easier to find victims of red violence. They advertise it.. and they are pleased with it.. the red speakers loving the slaughter of children in Thrad (video evidence of them cheering for the good news).

You might argue the pop corn gunman from Suthep, but that time it was a shootout between 2 sides, i haven't seen them attack unarmed people like the reds are doing. Mind you those pop corn gunmen need to be put in jail too I am not saying what they are doing is good.

But violence wise.. the reds rule supreme.

If that popcorn gunman had not been there, it would have been a total slaughter.

The PDRC need to arm themselves, for this is slipping into a civil war scenario.

Why should one side have preferential treatment over the other just because they support a corrupt regime with blood all over its hands?????

If the reds are going to be allowed to do this sort of attack, then there should no argument as to the other side arming itself for defense purposes.

I wonder how much death it needs to call for martial law?