Suggestion for aftermarket exhaust for ninja 650R (not too loud)

robblok

Hi,

I want just a little bit more sound on my bike at low revs but not an extreme amount of noise. Does anyone have some suggestions. I would go for a full exhaust system and want one of the more reputable brands.

I have seen them online on ebay.. are they that much cheaper as in Thailand ? Where would you guys buy one.

Its for a ninja 650R, i just ordered some nice halo angel eyes online and decided to make my bike even nicer with an exhaust.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300781639517?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Installing won't be a problem, I either bring it to Dr bike or let my dad do it he is more then competent at that kind of stuff. He will be visiting so that would help.

All suggestions would help.

SC Project are probably the best available now. They have an office in BKK and speak English very well. You'll gain a lot of BHP and reduce weight. No need to remove the DB killer, you won't gain anything. They should throw in a HI-FLO air filter for free. They will advise you if you need a re-map or Power Commander.

http://www.sc-project.com/kawasaki_er6n_2012_e.htm

get the pipe from Thailand, there are lots of models around.

Also, you can go for least expensive ones. I see pipes for kawa 650s as low as 6000 thb and they work.

Best i have heard for kawa 650s was yoshimura, akrapovic and leo vince. Still K Speed or other locas pipes also work. You can get a shop do a custom one for you too for 7- 8 k thb.

But, if you want to go for full system, it will be more hassle with O2 and therefore lambda sensors and you have to get a dynojet and maybe an air filter to use the full system in full effect without straining your engine your engine by running it lean.

Just a comment, my Leo Vince SBK is loud as hell, so probably not one to be looking at.

Akrapovic's and arrows are a bit less than mine, but still loud.

Thanks, this is the kind of input that I wanted.

And thanks II2 for educating me.. never knew that a full exhaust needed a lot more tuning. That is why i love Thaivisa you can get some good answers here as long as your not afraid to admit you don't know it yourself.

I don't have a problem with the sound at higher revs but at low revs its quite silent and though I don't go for the loudest pipes available as I don't like it myself a bit more sound would help me get noticed more.

Just a comment, my Leo Vince SBK is loud as hell, so probably not one to be looking at.

Akrapovic's and arrows are a bit less than mine, but still loud.

Thanks, this is the kind of input that I wanted.

And thanks II2 for educating me.. never knew that a full exhaust needed a lot more tuning. That is why i love Thaivisa you can get some good answers here as long as your not afraid to admit you don't know it yourself.

I don't have a problem with the sound at higher revs but at low revs its quite silent and though I don't go for the loudest pipes available as I don't like it myself a bit more sound would help me get noticed more.

no worries rob, i am not a master of these kind of things as well but just know a couple of things.

Check K speed website and search for er6f of kawasaki 650 at mocyc.com market at big bike section search bar. google translation is your friend on these of course.

http://www.k-speed.net/product_838177_th?lang=th&ser=&pn=30

http://www.mocyc.com/market_all.html?category=2

and whatever pipe you will get, it will be louder. baffle will cut some noise but kawa 650s are double potters, dont forget. even stock is louder than my cbr650f.

get the pipe from Thailand, there are lots of models around.

Also, you can go for least expensive ones. I see pipes for kawa 650s as low as 6000 thb and they work.

Best i have heard for kawa 650s was yoshimura, akrapovic and leo vince. Still K Speed or other locas pipes also work. You can get a shop do a custom one for you too for 7- 8 k thb.

But, if you want to go for full system, it will be more hassle with O2 and therefore lambda sensors and you have to get a dynojet and maybe an air filter to use the full system in full effect without straining your engine your engine by running it lean.

II2 is right you are teetering on the slippery slope to modding. Doesn't matter what bike you have there's always a mod for it. Changing the exhaust is for increased power, if you want it sound tuned you can remove some packing from the inside until you get the right tone. But getting a full system from one of the top companies with a hi-flo filter dyno run, re-map etc. will probably give you another 10BHP+ smoother acceleration and throttle response etc. Then you'll change, tires, wheels, sprockets, chains the whole bloody bike! Enter at your own risk!

• Like 1

Note that if you go with a full exhaust, there is probably an existing Power Commander tune for your bike that will work just fine (getting a custom tune will be expensive and might not buy you any more horsepower). I went this route for my bike, and the fueling is spot-on.

I would do some research on your Ninja to see how it responds to a full system- sometimes the difference is huge, other times it's negligible and you may as well go with a less expensive slip-on (which won't require any fueling changes).

Considering how popular your bike is in LOS, there might even be an ECU tune available that could negate the need for a Power Commander entirely (depending on the exhaust you choose).

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1