Renewing US passport

anotheruser

Hello, I just read the BKK US EMBASSY website and it states:

"Adult Renewals: The passport application fee is $110. There is no execution fee for this category. Allow two weeks for processing. Passports must be collected at the ACS section by the applicant or authorized representative. An appointment is not necessary to pick up your passport."

Here's the link:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/mobile//passports.html

I've read many times it's just under two weeks.

Good Luck!

from my iPad in Cha-Am

Edited by ocean268

Also, if you can, get on the site and make an appointment an do the application form online. They just ask you questions and after you have answered them all, they put them all on the form for you and make a pdf and you can print it out. Believe me, it feels so good to walk in right at the time of the appointment and be in and out in 5 minutes instead of getting a number and waiting. Is pretty easy done that way. Good luck.

At most, 10 days. The process is extremely easy. Make an appointment online, even though it is irrelevant.

Only 4 days for me last time. I was impressed. Not a big deal.

And until your actual passport expires, they will cram inserts into it until it bulges at the seams. My record is 5 inserts. My passport resembled an encyclopedia Britannica that had been soaked in water for three days: swollen.

Don't sweat it, and all the best. US Embassy is very accommodating and fast.

you are from the usa and you don't know how to renew your own passport...call the embassy look on the net .....I looked on the net on how to renew a usa passport

EASY........ P.O.P

whty did I even reply to this silly post

At most, 10 days. The process is extremely easy. Make an appointment online, even though it is irrelevant.

And until your actual passport expires, they will cram inserts into it until it bulges at the seams. My record is 5 inserts. My passport resembled an encyclopedia Britannica that had been soaked in water for three days: swollen.

Mine I had a hell of an experience there. When you make an appointment, they ask you if anyone will accompany you, if I'm not mistaken. Anyways, they wouldn't let my girlfriend in( who had put down), and this elderly man who could barely walk had his wife (who he put down as coming) refused entry also. Edited by kwestroc

Mine I had a hell of an experience there. When you make an appointment, they ask you if anyone will accompany you, if I'm not mistaken. Anyways, they wouldn't let my girlfriend in( who had put down), and this elderly man who could barely walk had his wife (who he put down as coming) refused entry also.

Never seen anyone turned down and my wife (Thai national, no US visa) was let in with no problems multiple times. Very professionally run. You need all your documentation and treat it like security through the airport. Empty all coins, metal, have cellphones ready to give, etc. It really isn't that hard.

• Like 1

you are from the usa and you don't know how to renew your own passport...call the embassy look on the net .....I looked on the net on how to renew a usa passport

EASY........ P.O.P

whty did I even reply to this silly post

I'm not sure why you replied either as you apparently couldn't even understand the OP. He didn't ask HOW to renew his passport, just how long it took. A legitimate question as websites are not always correct. Best not to post when drinking.

My new passport took about 10 days to receive it. that was about a year ago.

• Like 1

Mine I had a hell of an experience there. When you make an appointment, they ask you if anyone will accompany you, if I'm not mistaken. Anyways, they wouldn't let my girlfriend in( who had put down), and this elderly man who could barely walk had his wife (who he put down as coming) refused entry also.

Never seen anyone turned down and my wife (Thai national, no US visa) was let in with no problems multiple times. Very professionally run. You need all your documentation and treat it like security through the airport. Empty all coins, metal, have cellphones ready to give, etc. It really isn't that hard.

Glad you had a good experience. I had all my documents and everything but got a lot of attitude from security even though I followed their instructions. Wrote a complaint and got an apology. They said they were forwarding it to the appropriate department, but I doubt anything will come of it.

Make sure you check the box on the form that requests a passport with extra pages. There is no added fee.

I just did it last month. About a half hour wait to drop it off and a half hour wait to pick it up. They said they would notify when it was available to pick up via the email address I provided. They didn't. I emailed them after 10 days and was promptly emailed back that it was ready for pick up.