True Move H 3G Post Paid Sim =======> True 4G LTE Sim

trajan

I have a True Move H 3G Post Paid Sim.....

just received an SMS message from True Move H

I believe it says that if I wish, I can exchange my current sim card at a True Shop for a 4G LTE enabled one and then call "*440#" to activate the new sim....

has anyone done this? does it cost more and does it actually connect to 4G in inner core Bangkok?

TrueMove H has LTE on 1,200 base-stations, in metro Bangkok and many other provincial capitals.

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/coverage4g

They do have a published premium for LTE of 99 baht/month but they have been waiving that fee.

Make sure you do not negatively impact your current plan - just in case you've got one of the original 3 GB/384 bundles - by adding LTE.

Finally, you may need a new SIM, based on the age/revision of your current SIM.

Lastly, I assume you have an LTE Band-1 compatible device? (I'd say yes, as TrueMove knows this based on your IMEI and they wouldn't market the service to you if you didn't.)

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/truemoveh4g#pane05

• Like 1

Many thanks lomatopo!

Im changing my sim now at a TrueShop...they said my current B599 plan will not be affected..

However, after the end of this year, I will be charged B99 per month extra for 4G LTE...

The signal still states "3G" but they said it takes about 24 hrs to change to "4G" assuming Im in central Bangkok...

I have an iPhone 5

There seems to be a problem....True Shop at Siam Paragon changed my prepaid 3G sim card to 4G...but its doesn't work on 4G connection...

they directed me to another True shop in the same mall (same floor) and they again changed my sim card but 4G still doesn't work...they are stumped and alerted tech dept....who knows if they will ever get back to me...

anyone in the same boat?

• 1 year later...

There seems to be a problem....True Shop at Siam Paragon changed my prepaid 3G sim card to 4G...but its doesn't work on 4G connection...

they directed me to another True shop in the same mall (same floor) and they again changed my sim card but 4G still doesn't work...they are stumped and alerted tech dept....who knows if they will ever get back to me...

anyone in the same boat?

I think most iPhone 5 versions have all the frequency's on but just to be sure check what version you have!

The A1428 will not work on 4g LTE in Thailand.

Interesting how you cycle through the same issue from 10 months ago? What's old is new again.

True 4G post pay sim

Started by trajan, 2014-06-02 19:43
True exchanged my 3G sim post-paid card for a 4G sim for free (in my iPhone 5 bought in HK) but it never connects to a 3G signal (even in super central places like SIAM PARAGON)....

the True shop at SIAM PARAGON is stumped.....anyone have the same problem?? I dont want to buy an iPhone 5S (since iPhone 6 is coming out in a few months)....

iPhone 5

GSM model A1429 UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5) [ 2100, 1800, 850 ] as sold in Hong Kong

GSM model A1428: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 2, 4, 5 and 17) [1900, AWS, 850, 700b ]
It's possible your iPhone 5 may be LTE region locked (will work in Hong Kong and roam elsewhere only with a Hong Kong based SIM).
More likely there's something wrong with the BASEBAND Firmware. The phone may need to be completely RESET or RESTORED.

Many thanks lomatopo!

Im changing my sim now at a TrueShop...they said my current B599 plan will not be affected..

However, after the end of this year, I will be charged B99 per month extra for 4G LTE...

The signal still states "3G" but they said it takes about 24 hrs to change to "4G" assuming Im in central Bangkok...

I have an iPhone 5

Do you have the B599/month postpaid plan with 3GB data (with shaping to 384k after that) + voice + SMS/MMS? If so, that's good news for me, as I was afraid I would lose the plan if I "upgraded" to 4G.

I often get the LTE signal icon on my Sony Xperia 3 Compact here in Pattaya/Jomtien and just an extra B99/mo to be able to take advantage of it is not so bad.