Ordering sport supplements

mike111

Hi,

If I would order sport supplements (protein, creatine, nothing exciting) from a US-based shop, would some hefty duties be imposed by customs/post office?. This just for my own personal use.

The parcel would be sent by regular airmail, not a courier delivery.

Cheers

probbly will be opened and duty applied

envelopes or small packets might slip through but not much chances for large boxes

to go through without being checked and the duty is how much customs says it is

no matter how much the value stated on the box is .....but you can haggle if you go to customs themselves but

you cant haggle with the postal staff ,they have no power to alter customs charges

tnx.

club protein seems to be insanely cheap. any experience with their products (soy/pea protein)?

are they legit? there have been incidents where shops sold a powder which was a mixture of prortein powder plus something cheaper

tnx.

club protein seems to be insanely cheap. any experience with their products (soy/pea protein)?

are they legit? there have been incidents where shops sold a powder which was a mixture of prortein powder plus something cheaper

club protein has a good reputation and its unbranded

the premium usa brands are more likely to be fake in thaialnd because of the higher mark up they command

whey protein used to be waste product of the dairy industry before bodybuilders found out they could drink it

theres no reason it should be highly expensive except if its subject to excessive taxes and club protein is made here as far as i can tell

tnx.

club protein mention on their website their whey is from the US, soy from china (no company mentioned), pea from canada.

they can order the ingredients and make it here and avoid import taxes based on the import value of the final product

it happens on many levels ,especially the auto / motorcycle industrys

I have used their whey still am seems good enough for me.

have you ever tried this stuff :

http://www.phukethealthshop.com/#!/~/product/category=664924&id=1461075

it was my favourite one in europe so i bought 10lbs of it here although i dont train as hard as i used to anymore it

sure helps when you have sore muscles to knock back a couple of scoops and a pint of milk

there is very little protein in 30thb thai meals ,enough to sustain you but not enough for training purposes

agree.

the fried chicken dishes - the amount of meat in there is minuscule.

nearly every meal comes with a spoonfull of meat sliced into as many small pieces as possible ......

even when you order a steak its the size of a chicken nugget .......

very hard to get a decent amount of meat in your diet if your trying to bulk up

i have had to resort to having a fried egg and a pint of milk from 7-11 with every meal in the past

to avoid losing muscle never mind gaining any more.........

agree.

nearly every meal comes with a spoonfull of meat sliced into as many small pieces as possible ......

i have had to resort to having a fried egg and a pint of milk from 7-11 with every meal in the past

Thing turned around for me when i started cooking my own food. Training, i have done most of my life but once I combined it with a good diet, meaning low carbs high proteins and good workouts i really got into shape. Been in great shape for for a few years now.. I do occasionally slip up (bad foods or alcohol) but in general things go well.

Try to learn to cook for yourself if possible.

agree.

Thing turned around for me when i started cooking my own food. Training, i have done most of my life but once I combined it with a good diet, meaning low carbs high proteins and good workouts i really got into shape. Been in great shape for for a few years now.. I do occasionally slip up (bad foods or alcohol) but in general things go well.

Try to learn to cook for yourself if possible.

i have bought a cooker but the time iit takes to go and get ingredients ,cook the food ,clean up everything etc is sometimes not do-able in the timeframe ive got so i still eat outside a fair bit

i have 5 kilos of protein powder and usually milk in the fridge so and ive started eating a couple of apples, oranges ,bananas every day

I found oatmeal as well as potatoes and its very healthy and cheap

Im not training for the olympics or anything drastic so i doesnt mater much if i slip up sometimes :) ,i just like to stay in reasonable fitness to balance out my drinking habits ..........

A few litres of beer a day and a KFC bucket or a XL pizza will destroy you after a few years if you dont make an effort to stay in shape .......

I mainly do bodyweight exercises anyway ,pushups ,pullups ,squats ,situps and running up stairs is about it but even just those alone makes a huge difference .

doctor of pharmacy latisse eyebrows temporary dissect medicine penis

crusades and medicine homepage long life chinese medicine livermore ca

rawleigh vintage medicine bottle latisse conditioner reviews lumigan eyelash snow peas chinese medicine

skeletal imaging nuclear medicine spect homepage free e books medicine

dow pharm sci how much does latisse cost eyelash enhancer pharm asist

hospital pharmacy operation where to cost latisse eyelash growth channel chinese medicine navigating traditional

manipal us program for medicine latisse en espanol tratamiento maxine brackett medicine hat

pharmacy carson city nevada latisse en mexico alcon open international inoversity for complementary medicine

golden pharmacy buy latisse eye drops lash growth directions mita-clear ear mite medicine

lorton family medicine latisse eye redness itchy radioactice istopes in medicine

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49683/Latisse_eyebrows_-_Latisse_eyelash

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49684/Latisse_eyedrops_-_Order_generic_Latisse

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49685/Latisse_eyelash_conditioner_-_Generic_Latisse

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49686/Latisse_eyelash_cost_-_Latisse_buy

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49687/Latisse_eyelash_enhancer_-_Careprost_cheap

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49688/Latisse_eyelash_growth_-_Generic_Latisse

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49678/Latisse_en_Espanol_-_Buy_Latisse

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49679/Latisse_en_Mexico_-_Latisse_eyelash

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49680/Latisse_eye_drops_-_Order_Careprost

http://www.mindz.com/profiles/latisselatisse/blog/49681/Latisse_eye_redness_-_Latisse_eyelash

it was my favourite one in europe so i bought 10lbs of it here although i dont train as hard as i used to anymore it

sure helps when you have sore muscles to knock back a couple of scoops and a pint of milk

there is very little protein in 30thb thai meals ,enough to sustain you but not enough for training purposes

I have used it in the past it is good.

But to be honest i never felt any effect off protein powder on sore muscles. There are only a few miracle cures for muscles and they are not legal in general and maybe not healthy depending on use. All other stuff contributes a bit but no major changes.

A good food program does help a lot though.

But to be honest i never felt any effect off protein powder on sore muscles. There are only a few miracle cures for muscles and they are not legal in general and maybe not healthy depending on use. All other stuff contributes a bit but no major changes.

maybe i overtrain when i do train ,but i can definately feel extreme pain in the muscles to the point where i can barely walk after a few hundred squats and the less protein i eat the more recovery days i need

home cooking of course would be the best option for nutrition ,as the old saying saying goes " you cant out-train a bad diet "

i know the miracle cures as well and theyre not illegal in thailand but best used sparingly with due caution :)

maybe i overtrain when i do train ,but i can definately feel extreme pain in the muscles to the point where i can barely walk after a few hundred squats and the less protein i eat the more recovery days i need

home cooking of course would be the best option for nutrition ,as the old saying saying goes " you cant out-train a bad diet "

i know the miracle cures as well and theyre not illegal in thailand but best used sparingly with due caution smile.png

I was not saying that I did not feel muscle soreness.. I said I did not feel the difference and like you I workout hard when i workout.

I know what you mean about the miracle cures your right.. used not often and with due caution. Most don't seem to understand that more is not always better.

• 1 month later...

Dont order from overseas everything is availible here,

My local chemist has all the protein and creatine u will need at a reasonable price,

Sent from my c64

My local chemist has all the protein and creatine u will need at a reasonable price,

Sent from my c64

Tnx. can you please provide more details?

On my last visit all I saw in Boots/Lawson etc. was no-name protein powders which were ridiculously expensive. ditto for the creatine.

Sent from my c64

On my last visit all I saw in Boots/Lawson etc. was no-name protein powders which were ridiculously expensive. ditto for the creatine.

The one i go to is down stars in Rama 3 Central across from GNC.

1.1 kg of elite 100% Protein is 1500b and Creatine is approx 700b.. Cheapest place I have found. I will get the name and let you know.

Sent from my c64

• Like 1

Sent from my c64

1.1 kg of elite 100% Protein is 1500b and Creatine is approx 700b.. Cheapest place I have found. I will get the name and let you know.

Sent from my c64

yes please please please I also want to know that :-)

Sent from my c64

Sent from my c64

Still very expensive. I buy 2.2Kgs of Elite 100% for B1900. Twice the size for only B400 more. Even Fitwhey would be cheaper than the place you've mentioned above

Sent from my c64

Still very expensive. I buy 2.2Kgs of Elite 100% for B1900. Twice the size for only B400 more. Even Fitwhey would be cheaper than the place you've mentioned above

where? phuket healthshop has it for 2099

• 2 weeks later...

best place to buy sporting supplements is nutritiondepot.co.th they also have stores over Thailand and in Bangkok they are at bts asok and chong nonsi, rama 9, rca and several other locations I haven't seen - pricing is about the same as the USA and cheaper than australia

I found them by emailing my regular brand in the usa and they replied saying they are the official distributors for all of south east asia

I used to buy from a website in the usa but this year customs starting seizing them saying the products were illegal

now I have been buying from nutritiondepot for 6 months now and all their product has the official thai food and drug administration stickers on them - if the product doesn't have the FDA sticker on it is most likely a fake

prior to these guys I bought some from another thai online shop and was very sick in a matter of hours - so be careful buring supplements as there is plenty of fakes

• Like 1

How are you guys flavouring the unflavoured whey from Club Protein?

Where is that from?

best place to buy sporting supplements is nutritiondepot.co.th they also have stores over Thailand and in Bangkok they are at bts asok and chong nonsi, rama 9, rca and several other locations I haven't seen - pricing is about the same as the USA and cheaper than australia

I found them by emailing my regular brand in the usa and they replied saying they are the official distributors for all of south east asia

I used to buy from a website in the usa but this year customs starting seizing them saying the products were illegal

now I have been buying from nutritiondepot for 6 months now and all their product has the official thai food and drug administration stickers on them - if the product doesn't have the FDA sticker on it is most likely a fake

prior to these guys I bought some from another thai online shop and was very sick in a matter of hours - so be careful buring supplements as there is plenty of fakes

they don't have much choice, but they are cheaper....Thanks for the link

How are you guys flavouring the unflavoured whey from Club Protein?

Where is that from?

I don't see much point in buying cheap unflavoured whey protein.

Costs of supplement protein aren't that high, almost nothing in the total of what you eat if you eat healthy protein rich.