Anyone know what lind of dead snake this is .......

BB1955

Loatian Wolf snake?

That's my guess as well. Sure looks like a Wolf snake. Non-poisonous. Similar in appearance to the highly venomous Banded Krate but the Krate has a triangular shape body and different head markings.

Edited by ThaiWx

Loatian Wolf snake?

That's my guess as well. Sure looks like a Wolf snake. Non-poisonous. Similar in appearance to the highly venomous Banded Krate but the Krate has a triangular shape body and different head markings.

Thanks I looked it up . That's what it looks like to me too . Not venomus .... But still dead !!! Oh well ..

red touch yellow; kill a fellow

red touch black; friend of jack....

Isn't that saying used for the U.S's Coral snake and Scarlet King snake/Milk snake?smile.png

post-114070-0-02190700-1396829927_thumb.

Edited by ThaiWx

Actually....someone with kids, or just scared of snakes could be forgiven for whacking this one.....considering it does look like the deadliest snake in Thailand.

Sorry got no kids , just a small dog that I love more than I love snakes .. My motto is if its leaving I let it go , if its coming, its going to get whacked ! I ll figure out later if its poisonous or not .... But now I do swerve to miss them in the road if that's any consolation !!!!!!!!!

red touch yellow; kill a fellow

red touch black; friend of jack....

This little ditty might apply in Thailand but is not good advice in Australia where the red belly black snake resides in large numbers on the east coast and is venomous. While not one of Australia's poisonous snakes it can be fatal particularly if a child or a dog is bitten..

The OP must be very proud ,killing a completely harmless snake,

while if he just put a little effort into studying the snakes of Thailand

he could easily recognize the handful of ones that could be a threat,

The Krait ,deadly but very docile,the Cobra,in all my time here I have

never seen one,seen lots of other snakes,but they were always going

in the other direction,which snakes do if the encounter a person,snakes

do not willfully attack people in Thailand at least.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

The OP must be very proud ,killing a completely harmless snake,

while if he just put a little effort into studying the snakes of Thailand

he could easily recognize the handful of ones that could be a threat,

The Krait ,deadly but very docile,the Cobra,in all my time here I have

never seen one,seen lots of other snakes,but they were always going

in the other direction,which snakes do if the encounter a person,snakes

do not willfully attack people in Thailand at least.

regards Worgeordie

Same with me, living here since 1987. I am more worried about getting bitten by one of those huge centipedes or stung by a scorpion, neither should do you in but you're more apt to encounter one.wink.png

Edited by ThaiWx

I never kill snakes, even the deadly ones. Mind you, my dogs don't follow my example & frequently leave ripped apart snakes on the lawn for me to clear up. Lost count of the number of cobras. Most recent one was a banded krait. I know snakes keep the rodent population in check, but the dogs do a similar job.

• Like 1

I never kill snakes, even the deadly ones. Mind you, my dogs don't follow my example & frequently leave ripped apart snakes on the lawn for me to clear up. Lost count of the number of cobras. Most recent one was a banded krait. I know snakes keep the rodent population in check, but the dogs do a similar job.

I once had a dog that was a snake killer. I tried to break her of the habit but to no avail. It was like the fastest gun in the west - one day she wasn't the fastest gun, just a dead dog from a snake bite.

• Like 1