Did you take out insurance for your wife and kids in Thailand?

bbabythai

If you are a farang and have kids, did you take out insurance? Who with and any feedback on them? I know that you only find out how good they are when it comes to making a claim. Thus keen to hear good or bad reports.

My travel insurance from the antipodean nanny state is about to run out and unsure what to do. Bupa thai do not offer a family type of insurance and thus I wonder if Im better off renewing it and then taking out private in patient cover for the wife and the child due. She is a civil servant and gets the free SS health coverage.

In my situation what do you think I should do?

thanks

thanks for the reply. do you mind if I ask which ins company and how do you rate them? do you have 1m or 5 mill cover, inpatient or outpatient.

It would be great if the mods include this topic in the daily email list to get good coverage

You choice is really determined by what type of hospital you would wish to use i.e. the local Government hospital which your wife uses or the Private/International hospitals.

If as a family you are happy with the service and facilities of your local Government hospital then fine but should not be happy then the alternative is the expensive Private/International hospitals where medical insurance is recommended because of the steep fees.

As Brokers we can offer any level of cover from any insurance company and we are happy to recommend the most suitable for your circumstances May I suggest you start off by going HERE