Marriage Extension

I have just read that I will need proof that the money I need to have in my account for a marriage visa is from outside the country. I am in remote Isan. Where do I get this proof? Can my local bank provide this or do I have to go to the main branch in BKK? Kasikorn bank.

All of the money ever put into my accounts has been from outside Thailand.

How long have you been in Thailand and on what basis are you now staying here ?

Mostly been coming on 30 arrival stays because I was working outside the country. Then I started getting the 60 day extension because I am married. 4 years. I decided that was a ridiculous expenditure so now I am doing 1 year Non-O. On my second one. I do not plan to do an extension until I can't make it to a border. Probably about 10 years from now but I had never heard this before.

Total I have been coming here 36 years.

Its NOT the first time, that this requirement has been reported.

And it is easy to find the reason for that.

Too many people get their funds by borrowing in Thailand or illegal work.

Some immigrations are more suspicious than others.

If money has been wire transfered, it can easily be documented from the bank book.

Bit problematic if the money has been brought in as cash or ATM withdrawls.

Edited by KhunBENQ

A one year "non imm "O" multi entry visa can ,as far as I am aware, only be obtained locally in Savannakhet, Laos and that consulate, at the moment, does not require any financial "proof"

Obtaining an extension of stay based on marriage would require 400,000 Bht in the bank or a provable income of 40.000 Bht/month.

If seeking an extension from an "O" visa there is no requirement for the money to proven to have come from outside Thailand. If by some chance this was asked for your bank would be able to provide detail about where any deposits originated.

Its NOT the first time, that this requirement has been reported.

And it is easy to find the reason for that.

Too many people get their funds by borrowing in Thailand or illegal work.

Some immigrations are more suspicious than others.

If money has been wire transfered, it can easily be documented from the bank book.

Bit problematic if the money has been brought in as cash or ATM withdrawls.

My bank book shows deposit amounts only.

A one year "non imm "O" multi entry visa can ,as far as I am aware, only be obtained locally in Savannakhet, Laos and that consulate, at the moment, does not require any financial "proof"

Obtaining an extension of stay based on marriage would require 400,000 Bht in the bank or a provable income of 40.000 Bht/month.

If seeking an extension from an "O" visa there is no requirement for the money to proven to have come from outside Thailand. If by some chance this was asked for your bank would be able to provide detail about where any deposits originated.

Both of the multi entries I have had have been issued at Savannakhet.

My local bank can do this or would I have to deal with the main office in BKK?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Both of the multi entries I have had have been issued at Savannakhet.

My local bank can do this or would I have to deal with the main office in BKK?

Your local bank should be able to help.

For the money in bank option your local bank can do the letter to confirm the balance. You then show immigration your bank book to prove the that the money has been there for 60 days.

For the 40k baht income option you need a letter from your embassy.

For nine years, I have been able to satisfy the "money in the bank" Immigration Police question by supplying a signed letter from my branch bank office where I opened my account. I was told by Imm. Police that they did not want to use the bank book as proof of anything, but did not investigate how long I had held the money. Maybe after seeing me for years, the bank letter satisfies for my case.

Start at your bank with your question because they will have to provide you the support letter anyway and should know all about it. You will have to go there anyway.

Edited by metisdead
Odd font color reset to default forum font color: black.