Thai anti-government protesters to celebrate Songkran at Lumpini

webfact

Thai anti-government protesters to celebrate Songkran at Lumpini
By Digital Content

13969204729721.jpg

BANGKOK, April 8 – The anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) is hosting a three-day Songkran festival at Lumpini Park rally site to celebrate the Thai New Year with demonstrators.

PDRC leader Sathit Wongnongtoey said the public will be invited to jointly offer alms to Buddhist monks and pour water on a Buddha image – a traditional religious ceremony – on Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Meanwhile, PDRC spokesman Akanat Promphan said PDRC protesters will allow the reopening of sealed-off government buildings today on the condition that Cabinet members be barred from entering the premises.

Government House and the Interior Ministry will remain closed while a decision is made on whether the Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road will be reopened.

It’s up to the assessment and decision of Phra Buddha Issara who has led protesters to occupy the complex for the last few months, said Mr Akanat. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-04-08

• Like 1

Will any of the ardent suthep camp followers on this forum please tell if they see anything wrong with the following statement and if not, why not.

"Government House and the Interior Ministry will remain closed while a decision is made on whether the Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road will be reopened.

It’s up to the assessment and decision of Phra Buddha Issara who has led protesters to occupy the complex for the last few months, said Mr Akanat"
  • Like 2

The problem I have is the traffic , you just can't get good chauffeurs at this time of the year, I was thinking of hiring a bus driver, however they are all maxed out so I guess I will have to park up the roller and stay at home, good chance I will be still alive after the 16th.coffee1.gif

Will any of the ardent suthep camp followers on this forum please tell if they see anything wrong with the following statement and if not, why not.

"Government House and the Interior Ministry will remain closed while a decision is made on whether the Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road will be reopened.

It’s up to the assessment and decision of Phra Buddha Issara who has led protesters to occupy the complex for the last few months, said Mr Akanat"

No, I see nothing wrong with peacefully forcing a corrupt and useless Government to step down. So it that means to peacefully occupy some Government buildings, so be it. It's obvious, that the Government will not quit, if there is not enough public pressure against them.

Now that they see that there "Red" support has dwindled and they can't get big amounts of protesters into Bangkok anymore, the writing is on the wall for Thaksin's sister and is cronies. It's only a matter of time now, before this Government gets replaced.

Weather or not the next Government will be better or not is debatable, but we are talking about peaceful resistance in this thread and there is nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. wai2.gif

I see nothing wrong too, until I need to get a new passport.

If Thailand were a country of enforceable laws then the so called "peaceful occupation" of government buildings would not have been allowed in the first place. And that goes for the red shirts' occupation of public streets as well.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I can't see anything wrong because I have lost my red tinted glasses and can't read.

• Like 1

My friend tells me they have turned a once beautiful park into a dumpster site Suthep should be given the clean up bill if that is the case I used to love taking an early morning stroll there when staying in Bangkok what a beautiful park

• Like 2

My friend tells me they have turned a once beautiful park into a dumpster site Suthep should be given the clean up bill if that is the case I used to love taking an early morning stroll there when staying in Bangkok what a beautiful park

i suggest you take a look yourself your fake drama friend must be talking about somewhere else..wai2.gif

i suggest you take a look yourself your fake drama friend must be talking about somewhere else..wai2.gif

I have looked, and it's a mess. But hey ho, standards are pretty low here and no one really really cares about public spaces in this city, (or country). And although not directly linked to Lumpini, you don't have to look very far to see degradation of public property, and rapid decline of anything newly installed - pavements being one obvious example. This is because there is understandably no sense of civic pride.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

Party time at Lumpini. Weeeeeee!

...the Songkran party I would prefer is one that involves water cannon and these ratbags being swept into a klong...

Careful Prbkk your sophisticated image is beginning to slip and you are in danger of becoming like the rest of the dross on TV.Remember face is important.

PS the dross includes myself.