Ipstar Tricks

h90

that the IPStar is working very bad is well known, but are there any tipps/tricks to improve it?

Maybe someone knows the Admin PW of the box?

The Admin password is "operator"

Its a bit slow for me the last few days - seems that I'm not getting much bandwidth either.

Time to call them..

that the IPStar is working very bad is well known, but are there any tipps/tricks to improve it?

Its a bit slow for me the last few days - seems that I'm not getting much bandwidth either.

Time to call them..

for me it is terrible at the moment, but thanks for the password :o

Time to call them..

for me it is terrible at the moment, but thanks for the password :o

They say that they expect more bandwidth available by/on/ near too !! Friday so will just ave to wait and see

• 8 months later...

Time to call them..

It appears they change the password periodically as the one you mentioned worked for a while and then quit, but I found that "ipstar_isbn" would work. Now that too has ceased to work, and I have yet to determine what they have changed it to. If you or someone else has found what the new password is could you please inform me. It appears they keep updating the firmware in the IPX-5100 box also and one thing that causes corruption of received data appears to be Nettgain, which I have found to greatly reduce corruption when it is disabled. I haven't looked into what Nettgain is or does yet, but it appears to be some form of data compression based on a faulty algorithm. Data out does not equal data in, (at least not every time.)

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Time to call them..

It appears they change the password periodically as the one you mentioned worked for a while and then quit, but I found that "ipstar_isbn" would work. Now that too has ceased to work, and I have yet to determine what they have changed it to. If you or someone else has found what the new password is could you please inform me. It appears they keep updating the firmware in the IPX-5100 box also and one thing that causes corruption of received data appears to be Nettgain, which I have found to greatly reduce corruption when it is disabled. I haven't looked into what Nettgain is or does yet, but it appears to be some form of data compression based on a faulty algorithm. Data out does not equal data in, (at least not every time.)

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

If NetGain is disabled , the download speed will drops dramaticly!

But if you ask the IP-Star people, they will tell you that they don't know! They also don't know how the VPN and other function is to setup and working!

The help function on the "Box" isn't working either!

If NetGain is disabled , the download speed will drops dramaticly!

But if you ask the IP-Star people, they will tell you that they don't know! They also don't know how the VPN and other function is to setup and working!

The help function on the "Box" isn't working either!

I've checked very carefully and have not noticed any speed difference with Nettgain enabled or disabled, but do notice that data corruption seldom occurs with it disabled. Listed below are the changes that have been applied to my box, with the current shown in Bold.

Satellite Modem D,PACB_010_007_G001-T002_S013_R004

D,PACB_010_004_G001-T001_S013_R004 added new box

D,PACB_012_002_G001-T000_SG001_P1.2 u/l'd Sep 30, 2006

D,PACB_012_002_G001-T000_SG001 u/l'd Oct 5, 2006

D,PACB_012_003_G001-T002_SG006 u/l'd Nov 27, 2006

Firmware D 0004

D 0007 u/l'd Nov 27, 2006

SID SID-1.1.08.0

SID-1.1.03.0 added new box

SID-1.2.08.0 u/l'd Sep 30, 2006

SID-1.2.11.0 u/l'd Nov 27, 2006

MCP MCP-1.1.07.0

MCP-1.1.03.0 added new box

MCP-1.2.03.0 u/l'd Sep 30, 2006

MCP-1.2.04.0 u/l'd Nov 27, 2006

Nettgain 1.7.5.001

1.7.6.001 u/l'd Sep 30, 2006

1.7.7 u/l'd Nov 27, 2006

I'm still trying to determine the new password to the box, has anyone figured it out yet?