Yingluck wishes to see country out of political crisis

webfact

Yingluck wishes to see country out of political crisis

4-8-2014-10-16-18-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has wished that the Thai traditional New Year will see the country out of political crisis and Thai people will see light in resolving the current political problems.

She revealed her wish at a Thai traditional “Rod Nam Dam Hua” or water pouring ceremony to show respect to the senior at a brief ceremony held to mark the upcoming Songkran festival.

Cabinet ministers took turn to pour water on the hands of the caretaker prime minister and said best wishes for her on the Thai New Year. In return the caretaker prime minister would also offer blessings and wishes the well-wishers.

It is a traditional a traditional gesture usually adorn during the Songkran celebrations to ask for blessings and luck.

After the brief morning ceremony, the caretaker premier said she wishes that Thailand would be able to get out of the current political crisis soon.

She also wished that the people will see the light and that everyone will come to an agreeable solution to solve the problems in the country.

Additionally, the prime minister has also reiterated to relevant agencies to look after the public during the Songkran or Water Festival, in order to save lives from accidents, while also stressing that a stricter control on alcohol consumption during the period should be implemented as well.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-wishes-see-country-political-crisis/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-09

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as the caretaker prime minister do something about the alcohol issue as has been done in Hua-Hin... Just don't put a ban on sales till after I get home from work ;)

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yingluck, as the symbol of nepotism, ineptness, and selfish intentions is a root cause of the political crisis. The crisis will end when her brother breathes his last breath, and not a second before. A cult of personality such as this one developed by sociopath Thaksin Shinawatra should never be allowed to develop again.

And nor should the ilk of Suthep for that matter.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

There are so may parallels between the Thai and U.S. governments.

ineptocracy_mug.jpg?height=460&width=460

Replace the USA in your post with Somilia and the similaritiy to Thailand is striking. The one major difference is in the first case the free world has recongized the pirates who are committing the crimes, are the enemy and not those who are attempting to protect their assets.

• Like 1

All YL had to do to end this crisis was to take her name and the other PTP names off the ballot during the feb 2 elections. If their charter did not try to keep themselves in power all of this would have ended and neither the PTP nor the DEMS would be fighting still for for control of Thailand. Since the Dems boycotted the last election they were already out of the game. If the REDS withdrew their participants from last election their is a more than fair chance that YL and the PTP and the DEMS would not be facing so many legal problems as well. But since none of this happened and YL decided to fight this was the sign that she didnt care about her country and only cared to maintain power and control for herself and her party. All of her prayers amd blessings and all of her BS comments about democracy and loving thailand and wanting an end to the political turmoil that is still here is caused by her and her party. Needless to say it is too late to change and hold honest elections now and the end result may turn into a civil war. All caused by the RED party and YLs refusal to get their hands out of politics for a few years.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yinluck saying she wants to see Thailand out of political crisis, is a bit like me saying I want more money and a bigger pen!s. Of course she does, even if its just so she can get back to scamming again she would still want the crisis to end.

Thank goodness i only have to say i want more money cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif1zgarz5.gif.pagespeed.ce.GJfs_tQOQ-.gif

• Like 1

All YL had to do to end this crisis was to take her name and the other PTP names off the ballot during the feb 2 elections. If their charter did not try to keep themselves in power all of this would have ended and neither the PTP nor the DEMS would be fighting still for for control of Thailand. Since the Dems boycotted the last election they were already out of the game. If the REDS withdrew their participants from last election their is a more than fair chance that YL and the PTP and the DEMS would not be facing so many legal problems as well. But since none of this happened and YL decided to fight this was the sign that she didnt care about her country and only cared to maintain power and control for herself and her party. All of her prayers amd blessings and all of her BS comments about democracy and loving thailand and wanting an end to the political turmoil that is still here is caused by her and her party. Needless to say it is too late to change and hold honest elections now and the end result may turn into a civil war. All caused by the RED party and YLs refusal to get their hands out of politics for a few years.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think if she would publicly denounce the red shirts at all times it would go a long way towards helping solve the problem. To late now.

The red shirts have created to much violence and their intimidation methods are more than the average Thai can stand. They have pushed the envelope to far. People automatically connect them to the PTP and the PTP did not do them selves a favor in trying to white wash the red shirt leader just because he paid a lot of them money and was the head of the red shirts. The minute the red shirts advocated a split in the Nation Yingluck should have immediately called for a news conference that very day and denounced them rather than let it slide by for a couple of days and only come out on Facebook. Also she indicated that there was other parties suggesting it when she said all involved should be treated the same way.

• Like 2

'...everyone will come to an agreeable solution to solve the problems in the country"

Everyone in the country doesn't need to come up with an agreeable solution......Only the DP and their appendages in Lumpini and elsewhere need to do that.

The Electoral Majority doesn't need to solve anything.....Unless someone wants to suggest they all change their votes according to their own visions.......Good luck with that.

The solutions the DP and those appendages need to contemplate, is how do we make ourselves electorally competitive.

I am waiting for this pro-DP media to address that question....It would make for a lively, positive and forward-looking discussion in both the political arena and here.

Edited by Fryslan boppe

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yingluck, as the symbol of nepotism, ineptness, and selfish intentions is a root cause of the political crisis. The crisis will end when her brother breathes his last breath, and not a second before. A cult of personality such as this one developed by sociopath Thaksin Shinawatra should never be allowed to develop again.

The last breath from Thaskin should read natural, not violent , as that would put Thailand on a journey to civil war.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Simple resignation would be a good start, along with her brother leaving politics for good.

To easy , leave all that power behind and loose face , she would rather see her country completely destroyed than leave office , people with big ego's are all the same, her brother can't sleep at night dreaming of the return, then what!

• Like 2

There are so may parallels between the Thai and U.S. governments.

ineptocracy_mug.jpg?height=460&width=460

Interesting. My mother in law is old and Thai. Her family supported her for the most part until I was introduced into it. Now she has more support from my wife than the rest of the family due to her allowance from me. I am not wealthy by any means and yet I can through my own efforts support my self and chip into the Thai family way of living.

The Mother in Law received 500 baht a month from the government. Now how can you compare that to the American system of support.

You are living in Thailand a completely different system and culture than you were used to in the states. Find out about it before you go comparing.

I have my complaints about the States also but I do not try to match them to Thailand. The states is playing catch up in some areas (medical care) and leading in other areas. (The average standard of living.)

Under Obama the states is trying to catch up with the medical care and they have a very long way to go but they are trying. I do not see the Thai government trying to raise the average Thai standard of living.

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif does she now.

Then resign Bitch, and go to Dubai with y0ur crook brother.

The criminal who doesn't respect the Thai law or the Thai people ..... who fled the country to avoid prosecution for the billions of Baht he stole from the Thai people when he was in power.

Otherwise, little miss fluff-head, keep your silly mouth shut.

• Like 2

I certainly can't deny this one..... Too much trash, just needs to be removed.... It is more important for the people, to keep their ducks-in-a-row........

Sweet words, and talk of tradition, just doesn't add up with me........ There are only so many times, that the people can draw her a picture.......

kilosierra....... Call disgrace..... disgrace....... coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

I get the impression YS is going nowhere, her impending tussle with the NACC and the CC are just inconvenient dates in her diary. When this is all over she will get her friends in Immigration to review foreigners entitlement to stay in the Kingdom. Extensions cut in half, fees up and money requirements trebled. All thanks to the insulting and inane comments from the TV Suthep hordes on this forum. Many on here still have not got over the 1900 Baht fee and grandfather rights been blown into the rice paddy.

'...everyone will come to an agreeable solution to solve the problems in the country"

Everyone in the country doesn't need to come up with an agreeable solution......Only the DP and their appendages in Lumpini and elsewhere need to do that.

The Electoral Majority doesn't need to solve anything.....Unless someone wants to suggest they all change their votes according to their own visions.......Good luck with that.

The solutions the DP and those appendages need to contemplate, is how do we make ourselves electorally competitive.

I am waiting for this pro-DP media to address that question....It would make for a lively, positive and forward-looking discussion in both the political arena and here.

Amazing how biased you are. Or should we call it tunnel vision.

The core of the present political problems go all the way back to the Temasak deal in 2006 done by your sweet hearts brother (no.1 ).

Everything that came after, including the military coup, yellows in 2008, the attempts to change the constitution in her brother's favor by the Somchai and Samak and Yinguck (PPT/PPP/PT), the red revolutions in 2009, 2010, Suthep's anti's in 2014 and now the reds in 2014 are connected to that act of Shinawatra selfishness. .

Yingluck is the clone or the real problem! Open those Frisian eyes of yours!

the boppe is a waste of time and effort. He belches out the same statements using always the same catch words: electoral majority blah, blah...political arena blah, blah...coup mongers blah, blah...,but he never ever replies to a challenge to his posts or engages in any discussion: he is a space filler without purpose.

boppe is a real coward. Just like Yingluck and Thaksin. They always have a big mouth but they never dare to go into a debate..with anybody.

Yinluck also never had a debate with anybody. Not during campaigning and not during her 2.5 years as the PM. They are the guys that would stab you in the back once you turn around.

• Like 2

The political crisis is caused by the single fact that her brother remains on the lam and refuses to be held accountable to the law.

If he returned to Thailand, served his time in prison the troubles would be over.

But he will not, so he funds the PTP and places his sister in hot seat, running the PTP's single policy politics - Establish the right of Thaksin Shinawatra to be held above the law.

• Like 1