Chinese Motorbike?

Saw a brand new motorbike in Big C yesterday, complete with topbox. It was a 125 cc, I think it was based on the Honda PXS, it was about the same size, I could not find a brand name on it, I am assuming it is a Chinese make. It was priced at 32000 Baht. I have just bought a new PCX at 78000 Baht. There is now way I would have bought that "Chinese" bike if I had seen it before I bought my PCX.

Would anyone have paid that price for the bike rather than buy a new PCX?

For as far I know Big C is in contact with JRD and therefore if you saw a scooter that looked like a Honda PCX it was likely a vehicle what was manufactured/assembled in Malaysia…

Thanks Richard.

I know a guy who bought a Chinese motorbike, similar model and price, some years ago.

He had troubles from the beginning, and there was no mechanic able to fix the problems; also i think i recall there was a problem getting spare parts.

The guy regretted it big time... Just saying.

• Like 2

If the quality of the Chinese car that I viewed the other day is anything to go by I'd stay well clear.

It was 3 years old (showing 50,000 kms but who knows?) and it was hanging. The motor was shaking, almost as if a cylinder down, and the interior and exterior finishes were in shocking condition.

• Like 1

There are some dogs amongst the Chinese brands but a few have had a good rap. A few of the Keeway 200 owners that post are happy....although one sold his. Would be nice to hear from anyone who has bought a Benelli 600.

• Like 1

Possum 1931 watch out..... the Chinese motorbike bashers are lose.....

All stories from hear say and not much real experience.

Well, my real experience was that i have to push my mate's motorbike umpteen times when he used to come to see me....Most of the times unsuccessfully..And he visited all the mechanics of the island, all of them were unable to fix the problem.w00t.gif

..But of course, it could be an isolated case..whistling.gif

• Like 1

This is what i mean.....

I know a guy who bought a Chinese motorbike, similar model and price, some years ago.

Well, my real experience was that i have to push my mate's motorbike umpteen times when he used to come to see

My good friend bought a chinese made ATV. He regretted it from day one. Parts rusted, broke quickly, had problems

This is almost normal if you speak over a Chinese build motorbike. Almost never the owner of a Chinese motorbike who post those stories. And if an owner of a Chinese build motorbike post here in this forum some experience about his/her motorbike the bashers start a witch hunt what take away the fun of writing about your motorbike.

Btw i wish the OP many happy and safe km's with his choice

Regardswai2.gif

• Like 2

I was just relating my experiences. Something that shouldn't be discounted so easily. My experience with most Chinese products has not been good. Whether its ceiling fans, water pumps, power tools...whatever. They are not always the best.

wai2.gif

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/12/06/chinese-motorcycle-industry-failure-to-export-bikes/

If axles bend when potholes are hit and fork tubes buckle in minor traffic shunts, you can forget repeat buyers. The old strategy of “hitting every sucker once” is not a long-term strategy.

US industries faced up to this in the ’20s, when domestic materials just weren’t up to the needs of sophisticated products like aircraft and refrigerators. Manufacturers desperately needed to know that the crankshaft forging they were buying actually contained the nickel and chrome necessary to prevent fatigue failure in hours. Standards were quickly established for things like steel wire, plate, bar stock, threaded fasteners, and electrical goods. Standards are essential if quality that attracts repeat buyers is to be achieved. Every national industry must make this step.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/news/newsresults/new-bikes/2012/july/juk1112-poll-tempted-by-a-chinese-bike/

I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole 55.33% (1,193 votes)

Quality does not always come at a cheap price.

Hmm, let me offer our story.

Bought a Chinese bike (110cc) back in 2005 in Big C...that time cost was 22500, about half that a similar spec Honda Wave, about the same look too.

After 8 yrs, and around 45000km later, i dont have any complaint about it.

The one thing, the front light bulb was not the usual size, so, little difficult to replace. And about that is all.

Some ear comes out after this time, especially as the last 3 yrs it was used more regularly, and on rural dirt roads too.

Maintenance is like any other, usual change the tire once in a while, new battery once in a while...

Not too thirsty, when new could manage 1.8L/100km...now it is close to 2.5L/100km.

When newer, and me few years younger, had a few crazy trips, like Bkk-Khon Kaen, or Bkk-Cambo visa run, same day...managed all, without hickup. Matter of fact, never once let us down.

Would I buy it again? Anytime. :)

• Like 2

Hmm, let me offer our story.

Bought a Chinese bike (110cc) back in 2005 in Big C...that time cost was 22500, about half that a similar spec Honda Wave, about the same look too.

After 8 yrs, and around 45000km later, i dont have any complaint about it.

The one thing, the front light bulb was not the usual size, so, little difficult to replace. And about that is all.

Some ear comes out after this time, especially as the last 3 yrs it was used more regularly, and on rural dirt roads too.

Maintenance is like any other, usual change the tire once in a while, new battery once in a while...

Not too thirsty, when new could manage 1.8L/100km...now it is close to 2.5L/100km.

When newer, and me few years younger, had a few crazy trips, like Bkk-Khon Kaen, or Bkk-Cambo visa run, same day...managed all, without hickup. Matter of fact, never once let us down.

Would I buy it again? Anytime. smile.png

If you bought a motorcycle from BigC you clearly have a name with the motorcycle/scooter... please specify

Because you compare it to a Honda Wave, I assume you talking about a Ryuka-Zongheng motorcycle model, which is one of the in the worldwide top 10 of manufacturers of motorcycles by numbers and earnings....

Edited by Richard-BKK

This is what i mean.....

Well, my real experience was that i have to push my mate's motorbike umpteen times when he used to come to see

My good friend bought a chinese made ATV. He regretted it from day one. Parts rusted, broke quickly, had problems

This is almost normal if you speak over a Chinese build motorbike. Almost never the owner of a Chinese motorbike who post those stories. And if an owner of a Chinese build motorbike post here in this forum some experience about his/her motorbike the bashers start a witch hunt what take away the fun of writing about your motorbike.

Regardswai2.gif

If I remember correctly you weren't frank with your posts. It was only after you were pressed for more information you admitted your Chinese bike racked up most of it's mileage in the first year or so but for the last couple of years has not been used much. Rather an important point I think.

This is what i mean.....

Regardswai2.gif

If I remember correctly you weren't frank with your posts. It was only after you were pressed for more information you admitted your Chinese bike racked up most of it's mileage in the first year or so but for the last couple of years has not been used much. Rather an important point I think.

Can t remember I where pressed in anyway. In the topic i said the age and the km of my bike. Like every year till now i show those. Just read back. After placing the last item someone ask for the km make with the bike, and although this was in the test I send i again for the ones who did miss it and didn t read previous posts.

Again I love to discus the quality of Chinese build motorbikes. But most here just start bashing like i did show clearly with those 3 "my friend" messages.

I am not saying your entirely wrong, there are those who will criticize the Chinese product simply because they don't like the Chinese. There are others who will criticize based on '"my friend" messages' and what they have read in magazines and forums like this...which I think is acceptable. All I ask for is for people to be honest and be factual.

I have never owned a Chinese motorbike, but I do buy container loads of industrial equipment from China, for sale in Australia, and I do find their quality control to be variable to say the least. My staff in Australia have to check every item without exception!

When it comes to samples the Chinese have a lackadaisical attitude as well. Check the pix's attached for a electric welder that was 1 of 2 sent to me. The other welder was DOA! Needless to say they didn't get an order!

post-63954-0-56117600-1397390490_thumb.j

post-63954-0-24141200-1397390515_thumb.j