EOD links bomb attack at Bangkok Bank to recent attack on Suthep's home

webfact

EOD links bomb attack at Bangkok Bank to recent attack on Suthep's home

4-10-2014-1-38-03-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) police said that the firing of four M 79 grenades at the Bangkok Bank branch on Rama 3 road Tuenesday night might have connection with two bomb attacks on the home of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) on Buddhamonthon Sai 2 in Thonburi are recently.

Three grenades landed on the roof of a wire and nail factory, and another landed near the fence wall adjacent to the computer and training center of the Bangkok Bank Rama 3 branch. Five glass windows on the third floor of the bank were broken by explosion.

Security guard at the factory told EOD police that several explosions were heard at about 10 p.m. on Tuesday night. He went to inspect and found the roof of the factory was broken and several fallen roof tiles were scattered on the floor.

He said during the incident, night-shift workers were at work but fortunately none was injured.

EOD chief Pol Col Kamthorn Oui-charoen said the grenades were suspected to be fired from a flyover near the Bhumibol bridge or a flyover bridge near the Rama 3 intersection by armed men in running vehicle.

He said this latest attack might be carried out by the same group of people who fired M 79 grenades at the house of PDRC leader Suthep twice last month.

Bang Pong Pang police chief Pol Lt-Col Adisorn Semsawat said the attackers aimed at the building of the Bangkok Bank as four grenades all landed in the direction of the bank.

He said the police are now inspecting all video footage from CCTV cameras at the vicinity to find the perpetrators.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/eod-links-bomb-attack-bangkok-bank-recent-attack-sutheps-home/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-10

None of anyone's business, but I'm currently sitting in said BBL building!

If it is nobody's business, what do you gain by posting it on a public forum? Bragging rights? Darwin nomination?

Just a bit stunned that yesterday no one here told me and I have to read it on TV today to find out. A few broken windows on the 3rd floor, nothing really serious I just heard after asking.

Maybe it shows how used Thai have become to these attacks?

Just a bit stunned that yesterday no one here told me and I have to read it on TV today to find out. A few broken windows on the 3rd floor, nothing really serious I just heard after asking.

Maybe it shows how used Thai have become to these attacks?

Fair enough. It is interesting that you are finding out about it here instead of from people in your building.

What you say about Thais is true... they have become accustomed to this kind of behavior. In a way, I have too. M79 attack on a bank would be huge national news for days in Canada, but I hardly bat an eye at it after being here so long.

Edited by bino

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

None of anyone's business, but I'm currently sitting in said BBL building!

You are alright, they can't hit a brick wall with a bucket of wheat, we are in trouble when they get accurate though.