Lucky four escape death after Phuket water tanker rolls

webfact

Lucky four escape death after Phuket water tanker rolls
Eakkapop Thongtub

1397557838_1-org.jpg
Missed me: A bystander surveys the wreckage.

PHUKET: -- Four men are, astonishingly, still alive after a 10-wheel water tanker rolled this afternoon (April 15) on the steep and winding hill leading down from the Peach Hill Resort to Kata Centre.

The driver of the fully-laden tanker, belonging to Yanyong Co, had driven up to the Peach Hill, where he was told that he had come to the wrong hotel – the delivery was for the nearby Peach Blossom Resort.

Hurrying down the hill with the truck still fully laden, the driver last control, and the truck rolled and almost flattened a sala opposite the Da Mario restaurant, near the bottom of the hill.

The sala is used by Kata Centre tuk-tuk drivers, three of whom were taking their ease when the rolling juggernaut arrived. All ended up with broken legs.

A fourth man was trapped under a coconut tree felled by the tanker. One parked motorbike was also flattened. It took rescuers two hours before they could extract the last of the injured from the wreckage.

The driver was relatively undamaged. He fled.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/lucky-four-escape-death-after-phuket-water-tanker-rolls-45697.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-15

The sala is used by Kata Centre tuk-tuk drivers, three of whom were taking their ease when the rolling juggernaut arrived. All ended up with broken legs.

Forgive me for this - could not have happened to a nicer bunch of men w00t.gif

I must say, at that stand they are not bad, and at least friendly.

I must say, at that stand they are not bad, and at least friendly.

In that case we should all be thankful that no-one was killed. Sounds like they all had a very lucky escape. How about the Tuk Tuks, any flattened rolleyes.gif Think I see a motor bike under the water truck.

Water tankers rule...this is the second time in a week that water tankers have made the news...maybe some education as to the dangers involved in transporting water...which is extremely heavy...and all that weight moving quickly in one direction...will surely turn over a water truck...

Water tankers rule...this is the second time in a week that water tankers have made the news...maybe some education as to the dangers involved in transporting water...which is extremely heavy...and all that weight moving quickly in one direction...will surely turn over a water truck...

what planet are you on? we all know full well......(insert as you feel appropriate)

it was the road!

it was the conditions!

the brakes failed!

ghost rider pulled out in front of me!

farang did it!

It could have easily been a fuel tanker - scary thought. :)