Miss Universe Australia 2010 plays in Phuket

webfact

Miss Universe Australia 2010 plays in Phuket
Phuket Gazette

1_2014416185234507_lrigsrXlmUFyuUBRlVqgL
Jesinta Campbell, Miss Universe Australia 2010, stayed at the Vijitt Resort in Rawai and promoted luxury resorts, spa treatments and beaches in the area. Photo: TAT

PHUKET: -- Phuket hosted Miss Universe Australia 2010 for the Songkran holiday while she was in town shooting an Australian TV program to showcase tourist destinations in Thailand.

Jesinta Campbell, 22, was chosen by Australian travel show The Getaway to be the face of a six-episode series covering tourist hot spots in Phuket and Phang Nga, said Anoma Wongyai, Director of Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Phuket.

“The Getaway contacted the TAT office in Sydney and mentioned they would like to do a story about Phuket and Phang Nga, and that Ms Campbell would be hosting it,” she said.

“TAT Phuket suggested activities and destinations for the show to cover. Ms Campbell stayed at Vijitt Resort at Friendship Beach in Rawai, and the show highlighted luxury accommodations, spa treatments and beaches in the area.”

Ms Campbell took advantage of Thai culture during the Songkran holiday by making merit at Wat Suwankiriwong in Patong, engaging in Soi Bangla’s massive water fight and building a sand stupa on Kata Beach, explained Ms Anoma.

The Australian beauty ambassador also took a Thai cooking class at the Blue Elephant restaurant in Phuket Town on Monday.

“The shooting in Phuket finished on Monday. Ms Campbell is now filming in Phang Nga until April 18, where she will take a tour of the islands and go on an elephant trek,” said Ms Anoma.

“Ms Campbell’s visit with The Getaway is a good opportunity to promote Phuket as a tourist destination and to present our rich Thai culture to foreigners.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Miss-Universe-Australia-2010-plays-Phuket/29158#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-04-17

"series covering tourist hot spots in Phuket" - I wonder if the show covers how one goes about actually getting to each of the "hot spots." biggrin.png

It's one thing to say they are there - it's another thing to actually get to them on Phuket, which is a tourist experience in itself. biggrin.png

Edited by NamKangMan

Is she a beauty ??? Just take a look to the South-American Miss Universe girls. A huge different.

It's well known that the English ladies are .... not so nice.

Well known by who??? What a sweeping moronic statement!!

My mother/grandmother are English ladies and I say they are lovely. If I understand your logic, then you would like to contest my statement! Think before you type

You understand that England & Australia are not the same place right? I mean not even reasonably close neighbours........

• Like 1

Is she a beauty ??? Just take a look to the South-American Miss Universe girls. A huge different.

It's well known that the English ladies are .... not so nice.

You do know that Australians are not English? Have you ever seen an English (UK) Miss Universe contestant? Compare like with like, I'm sure that ladies in general from your <removed> country wouldn't compare favourably with Miss Universe entrants.

The show is "Getaway" not "The Getaway" however all is forgiven after looking at her portfolio.

One does simply not write such sentence unless willing to provide links for others to validate the information. Linked pictures are preferred.

The difference is that often western beauty pageant contestants are young and still quite clueless girls trying their best at the competitions. South-American contestants are more like products, who have been trained and sometimes modified with one goal in mind - to become a beauty queen.

The choice is between steak tartare and artificially flavored tofu. Real delicatessens are rarely represented at these meat markets.

The show is "Getaway" not "The Getaway" however all is forgiven after looking at her portfolio.

One does simply not write such sentence unless willing to provide links for others to validate the information. Linked pictures are preferred.

I actually looked for some Bikini photos of her (she a Gold Coast girl, so a national uniform) ... couldn't find any.

Maybe someone else with better searching skills ... whistling.gif

I actually looked for some Bikini photos of her (she a Gold Coast girl, so a national uniform) ... couldn't find any.

I think I can talk with the voice of the male population of rest of the world. Thank you Australia for sharing your beauties with the rest of us. Nicole Kidman, Miranda Kerr and of course Kylie Minogue's bum.

jesi12.jpg

Working hard

111025_jess_blog.jpg