health risk at Sukhumvit soi 65 Hospital

ttthailand

Unbelivable what happened at hospital. Yesterday my new gf and I went to the hospital at soi sukhumvit 65 in Bangkok to get tested for HIV. Just so we both know everything is ok 100% before going further into our relationship....she is a good girl and does not play around and is very careful.

Everything started out ok except that no one in hospital could speak English....giant hospital but no english speakers, crazy .... waited about 30 minutes and then went to see a doctor for 2 seconds and then signed a few documents about releasing information etc. Then went to have blood taken from arm. We were told to come back in an hour for results.

We decided to take a walk and left the hospital. Before we walked 20 meters my arm started to bother me. Looking at the area where the shot was taken i saw it was the size of a golfball, looked same round. I went back to the nursing staff to show them the problem as I was concerned. The nurse took her unwashed or protected finger and pushed on the open area of my arm where the swelling was. I pulled my arm away and then listened as she spoke to my gf for a few minutes about something. Why would she put her dirty finger on an area that was just broken 5 minutes ago ? We decided to sit and wait for our results. After about one hour the nurse came and handed us two sealed envelopes. We said thank you and proceded to leave the hospital. We started to walk to the parking area and I handed the envelops to my gf to open. She asked me which was which. After looking at them I saw one written in Thai and the other in English I asked her if this was her and after studing it for a few seconds she said yes. I looked at mine and I did not see my name.... there was another name which at first though might be the doctor or something else. After a few second I realized that they had given me another man's personal information and test results. I went to the nursing stand again and asked to speak to a supervisor. I explained to the staff what had happened and they went to find out where my information was. After about 10 minutes a nurse returned with my information. This day they only had my gf and I in the waiting room or perhaps my information would have been given to another person. They said sorry and expected me just to walk away as if nothing had happened. 95% of the time I would just not say anything and walk but in this case I felt that I needed to report this to someone important as if they had done the same with med perhaps someone could die. I was told 5 minuters someone would come to talk to me but after more than one hour only the dept nurse came. She spoke very little English and was basically saying ok sorry and wanting me to go. knowing I was getting nowhere I decided to leave after they promised to have someone call me at 8:30am today. Needless to say no call ever came. At 10:30 I called only to get the run around. later in the day I was able to speak to the head of nursing who listened but did not really care. I requested that they refund my 1700 baht for the two tests as my gf and I were not confident that the information was correct and were going to go to another hospital to test again. I also requested that they give me a letter taking responsiblity for my arm which is now black and blue and very sore. In addition I requested that they notify the guy who's information I read and tell him what had happened. I would want to know if my personal information was wrongly provided to someone. She said she would call be back later. I received a call back after 2 hours telling me that they will not refund my money but understand that I want another test and they will do for free. The other requests were not mentioned. I asked her if she really throught I would trust them to do another test after all the things that had happened.....crazy for her to even suggest something same. I requested that her boss contact me directly to discuss this matter. Not sure when or if that will ever happen.

What should I do ? I tryed to be nice and not over react but these people are stupid as far as I am concerned.

Without going into another long story, I was there about three months ago for a shot of testosterone and they were starting to take blood before I stopped them. Why you taking blood when I come for a shot of testosterone? They were all confused and asked me to wait to talk to doctor. Later he said sorry and they went to give me the shot, not in the ass but in my arm.....???? I tell the nurse that she can not give me that shot in the arm but have to give in soft tissue like my ass.No idea what they are doing....

why I went back I will never know.

• Like 1

Suggestions please..... should I just blow it off and just go to another hospital to have my arm checked and HIV test retaken?

Should I demand that they refund my money so it will cover the cost of retesting at another hospital ? Would you let them retest you after all the things they screwed up on ? My Arm is black and Blue, what would you do about that ? I dont want to be the angry farang but where do we draw the line ?

If you enjoy banging the head on the wall continue demanding !

If there is a concern about HIV status and there is a problem believing the results received go somewhere else for testing !

"Bruised" arms are commonplace following venepuncture ! No "compensation" !

• Like 1

If you enjoy banging the head on the wall continue demanding !

If there is a concern about HIV status and there is a problem believing the results received go somewhere else for testing !

"Bruised" arms are commonplace following venepuncture ! No "compensation" !

I have lived here long enough to know that my efforts are not welcome even if it could save someone's life later. The money is not an issue but just the total lack of concern and the "never mind " thinking pisses me off this time. The tests were only done as a way to kind of show a clean bill of health and not from any real concerns. We may or may not test again but would I trust the results if I had a real concern or question.... no way ! I would not go back to that hospital if all services were VIP and for free... it only takes one mistake to do some real damage and no one there is willing to take responsibility.

ttthailand,

welcome to the land of ineptitude. i have no trouble believing everything you say. i can see how u lost confidence. they goofed and likely had big smiles to reassure you of their incompetence.

i know a g7 medical doctor that inquired about a specific laser surgery course at a specialized bkk hospital. they emailed him to tell him he'd been accepted but it was NOT into the course he was interested in, but a different course LOL ROFLMAO. you cant make up stuff like this.

imagine applying to law school and getting an acceptance letter into the veterinary school?

after blood is taken from a vein, you must apply local pressure for at least 30 seconds or the hole in the vein wont seal and leak blood leading to the blue golf ball.

as far as the arm vs ass injection, i wouldn't be overly concerned since the arm also has muscle tissue. i would be more concerned that you were not injected with estrogen.

• Like 1

ttthailand,

welcome to the land of ineptitude. i have no trouble believing everything you say. i can see how u lost confidence. they goofed and likely had big smiles to reassure you of their incompetence.

i know a g7 medical doctor that inquired about a specific laser surgery course at a specialized bkk hospital. they emailed him to tell him he'd been accepted but it was NOT into the course he was interested in, but a different course LOL ROFLMAO. you cant make up stuff like this.

imagine applying to law school and getting an acceptance letter into the veterinary school?

after blood is taken from a vein, you must apply local pressure for at least 30 seconds or the hole in the vein wont seal and leak blood leading to the blue golf ball.

as far as the arm vs ass injection, i wouldn't be overly concerned since the arm also has muscle tissue. i would be more concerned that you were not injected with estrogen.

Yes, Thailand is not a normal country when it comes to being dependable. I have however been to many hospitals here and most of the time everything is done correctly and I am very happy with the outcome. This time every step was screwed up... Every step !!!

It takes a lot to get me excited here as I know and sometimes expect things to go a little wrong, TIT. However, when it comes to medical I can not accept conditions like I have experienced twice at Sukhumvit Hospital. The new building is massive but there was only two other people in the building the entire time I was there that I saw. I was there from 4:30 to about 7:30. Crazy !!! Perhaps everyone already knows they don't know what they are doing, I am one of the last to figure it out.