Direct Debits

Hi Guys,

Just wondered if I could pick some brains about how best to structure my accounts etc here in LOS.

I have my Thai side salary paid into a Savings Account which I have setup all online access to and I also have a Citi Bank credit card which I repay each month via online bill payment from my main Salary Savings Account, usually costign 20tbh each transaction.

Is it easy to setup direct debits for general bills such as Electricity, Water, Internet etc? As at present it is a bit tedious drawing money out at a ATM and going to 7/11 each time to pay. I will also be going back to the UK for 3 weeks in July so don't want to miss a bill and have Electricity or somethign cut off.

Cheers

I pay my eletricity- and telephone bills automatically. Not difficult to set up. I went the offices of these companies. They supplied me with a form which needed to be filled in. After this I had to go to the bank for some admin things (not sure what they did, but rubber stamping was one of the things). Then handed the form back to the companies. Works fine for me already for 6 years. Setting this up is not difficult, maybe just somewhat different from what you were used to in your home country.

I went to my SCB home branch and told them what utilities I wanted to set up for direct debit. They filled out the forms for me and then I submitted them to the utilities

In Pattaya it took only two weeks to get the electricity started and about a month for the water direct debit to start