Thai-born British citizen accused of lese majeste by her own parents

webfact

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little dangerous for the lady (sic) to travel in Europe. Thailand does have extradition laws and many of them have Lese Majesty offences on their books.

You are wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se-majest%C3%A9#Denmark

Shes safe to travel to the continent and this is why she has done so. Too many on here forget that Thailands world standing is essentially that of a 3rd world country, sitting somewhere between Burkina Faso and Nepal in the world hierarchy. Whilst some countries do have extradition agreements on crimes in BOTH countries, no country is going to be too bothered about telling them to **** off over stuff like this.

Its just an irrelevance to those in the civilised world.

In Germany, Italy, Switzerland,[3] and Poland it is illegal to insult foreign heads of state publicly.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A8se-majest%C3%A9

Maybe so, but I very much doubt that any of those countries will extradite a British subject to Thailand, to face a court martial, in a country run by a military junta, for saying something rude on Facebook.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

meanwhile..miss Kae Kanyarat,the thai british lady who tried to intimidate miss Rose and her neighbors with eggs(and recorded herself on video) is planning a protest in London.i guess dj Ken will be there too

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Kanyarat/307519859416905?fref=photo

https://www.facebook.com/kae.kanyarat.3?fref=ts

i cant read thai but i guess they are not too good with the concept of free spech

Edited by kaobang

meanwhile..miss Kae Kanyarat,the thai british lady who tried to intimidate miss Rose and her neighbors with eggs(and recorded herself on video) is planning a protest in London.i guess dj Ken will be there too

Id say quite a few TV regulars may know the aforementioned Miss Kanyarat intimately from her previous career if you know what Im saying thumbsup.gif

Hahaha. This will be hilarious to watch.

Just look at the pictures of that woman on her facebook. She has to be the most plastic person ever. Is she trying to make herself look like a mannequin.

Please, they can feel free to protest. Not sure where their visitors visas stand on this, but I do hope they stay peaceful and don't break the law. The British police tend not to be quite as accomdating as the Thai, pooyai or not, you'd better stick to the rules.

This obsession is really quite funny but aslo worrying at the same time. This is verging on hysterical behaviour.

Id say quite a few TV regulars may know the aforementioned Miss Kanyarat intimately from her previous career if you know what Im saying thumbsup.gif

well in the video she could not find miss Rose and ends to throw eggs to random people

someone like her can find open doors for a thousand careers

someone like her can find open doors for a thousand careers

ironic "open door" is rhyming slang for her previous occupation isnt it laugh.png

now looks like she wants to gain a bit of popularity at zero risk,and she is doing great acting as a big thai patriot.at least Rose has balls

Hang on a second, are there actually posters here that think the British government should extradite this lady for freedom of speech in a country in which she is now a citizen? clap2.gifcheesy.gif

Can't say I agree with her being a hardcore red (We all know Thaksin has nefarious desires but that is another unspeakable issue) but in the country in which she now resides she CAN be a republican and not be thrown in jail for airing those views. I'm sorry is that a bad thing?

What would be worse for the UK, a tiny bit more souring of relations of Thailand or an international shit storm should they give this girl over for breaking LM laws? Some of the replies here make me laugh, so as retribution the Thai government are going to start kicking out all us Brits? Welcome to diet North Korea ladies and gents, agree with us out it's chains and the boot for you! cheesy.gif

Yes

Yes to which point old chap?

To the fact that Freedom of Speech is not an unlimited right and if someone comes to live in a country they should not continue to use it as a base against other countries.

That would have seen to Aung San Suu Kyi then (not that I'm comparing her to the car crash that is Thai Rose) - I would have thought Andrew MacGregor Marshall was far more influential and laser targeted in his opposition and is just next door in Cambodia than her.

That would have seen to Aung San Suu Kyi then (not that I'm comparing her to the car crash that is Thai Rose) - I would have thought Andrew MacGregor Marshall was far more influential and laser targeted in his opposition and is just next door in Cambodia than her.

Andrew MacGregor Marshall is one of the most serious threats faced by the old elites as he has one of the best analysis on Thai politics ever, he actually has evidence to back up his claims and he was a senior Reuters staff for almost 2 decades and he was the head of the Reuters bureau in Iraq from 2003 to 2005, during the most crucial periods in the war. This guy is a serious heavy weight and his work is both written in English and Thai, it has woken a lot of people up and his work is spreading at speed among Thais and everyone else.

Edited by anantha92

It's too my understanding that DJ Ken has been arrested for the gun incident. Probably thought he could get away with it like high so boys can in Thailand. Tough lesson learnt there.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's too my understanding that DJ Ken has been arrested for the gun incident. Probably thought he could get away with it like high so boys can in Thailand. Tough lesson learnt there.

source?

Here is the video he posted which has been copied as he appears to have removed it hinself. Could be looking a 6 - 12 months inside if the authorities decide to make an example of him.

Here is the video he posted which has been copied as he appears to have removed it hinself. Could be looking a 6 - 12 months inside if the authorities decide to make an example of him.

He'll be working Pattaya cabaret after 6 months homestay at HM Prison Brixton... the irony.cheesy.gif

and "DjKen" now officially has a criminal record and is due back in court later in the week. Unlike Miss Rose he will never have the privilege of a British passport thumbsup.gif

10441463_772259346138505_527224347729656

Truly hilarious. But he's a luug kreung, so he gets a passport.

did he lose his job at the popular thai restaurant Thai Square Putney Bridge?

and "DjKen" now officially has a criminal record and is due back in court later in the week. Unlike Miss Rose he will never have the privilege of a British passport thumbsup.gif

did he lose his job at the popular thai restaurant Thai Square Putney Bridge?

He has been suspended and they are waiting for the outcome of the trial.

Edit: Apparently he has been fired from his job according to the comments on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/derrickyazwa/activity/10152502895269634

Edited by anantha92

Is DJ Ken luuk krueng? I saw he went to uni in the UK and has a British passport, so it makes sense. Thought he may have got it through a British partner though because he doesn't really look luuk krueng to me. But whatever, that someone educated in the UK has these views makes it even worse. But Ken is actually at least half Thai. A farang by the name of "Jack Dekfarang Brown" recently released his own rant about "E Rose" (in Thai). It really is remarkable. Here's his page, the rant about Rose is from four or five days ago, on June 24th if you really want to hear it: https://www.facebook.com/dekfarang?fref=ts

It just gets crazier the longer it goes on. Who's going to involve themselves next? I also see the British Embassy in BKK has written to Rose or someone that wrote on her behalf and made it clear they will "not tolerate attempts to enforce Thai military decrees in the UK".

Anyway, Ken has apologized now and says he knows what he did was wrong, so I think Rose & her friends should leave him alone too now. Hopefully he's learned his lesson. I see Kae and Rose are still going back and fourth though lol. Kae has planned a protest against Rose and Rose says Kae is a prostitute. Hard to say which one is more of a froot loop tbh. Aum Neko's also been releasing some mental videos recently, but she's actually smart & at least has some interesting ideas to go along with the craziness factor. lol.

Edited by Emptyset