Ground cover

There is no miracle solution against weeds, every time it rains you'll get a new crop as though you had never weeded. I would ask a garden centre what they recommend and see if you like it. They will try to sell you more/square meter than you really need. Also, look around the malls and municipal plantings and take some twigs to show if you see anything that takes your fancy.

There actually is...have had 2 good ones before, but looking something different.

One had a little yellow flower, very nice, once established and thick, weeds could not/did not pop up....mind you had to maintain it well until thick by pulling out every single weed, but then...

Also, behind our house in a gully is a wild one, again yellow flower and does a great job when thick at keeping out any weeds getting a start.

There actually is...have had 2 good ones before, but looking something different.

One had a little yellow flower, very nice, once established and thick, weeds could not/did not pop up....mind you had to maintain it well until thick by pulling out every single weed, but then...

Also, behind our house in a gully is a wild one, again yellow flower and does a great job when thick at keeping out any weeds getting a start.

I think this is the one you are talking about.... yes it does seem to do a very good job (once filled in) .... this is growing along road sides in the back roads of Samui, ...

I am certain it gets no care what so ever!... just due to there is probably kilometers of it along road verges where few people go!! thumbsup.gif

No idea of it's name ! blink.png

IMG_4784.JPG

If you could find a large patch of this, you could dig and divide providing you give a bit of TLC and water!

Make sure soil is as weed free as possible before planting, that would help! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy

Yes that is the second one I talked about...this is the first one I mentioned below...it however requires a lot of work to establish thick and then it is fine...the one you mention is like a weed and very hardy.

Looking for one that does not look weedy, but has the establishment and hardiness of the one you mention.....as we will not be around to care for it, it has to be left to grow and takeover the area itself.

5413.jpg

Yes that is the second one I talked about...this is the first one I mentioned below...it however requires a lot of work to establish thick and then it is fine...the one you mention is like a weed and very hardy.

Looking for one that does not look weedy, but has the establishment and hardiness of the one you mention.....as we will not be around to care for it, it has to be left to grow and takeover the area itself.

The pic is a little off focus,wink.pngtongue.png ..... it looks like it could be the flat leaf form of Portulaca.... ? Foliage would be "semi succulent" ...

Got this off the net... (?)

Portulaca_grandiflora_yellow_D476.jpg