What type & brand recommendations of AC for 3 rooms?

chronos

Hi guys,

Looking for some input as to how I could get air conditioning into 3 seperate rooms - 2 rooms are approx' 30 cu mtes - the other maybe 70 cubic meters. What capacity BTU would I need for each? What brand recommendations? Invertor or non-invertor types? wall mounted or free standing? House is single story and situated near Khuchinarai - anybody know of a reputable supplier in this area (Kalasin).

I have read the various threads here on AC, needless to say I am even more confused...I'm looking for something that is economical in both initial costs and running costs...relatively easy to install and a reliable brand.

Cheers...looking forward to receiving the wisdom of those that know!

Standard Thai "calculation" is 600 BTU per m2 of floor area.

The big name brands are much of a muchness, look for special offers.

Inverters can save money if you have wide fluctuations in ambient temperature as they are much more energy efficient when running partially loaded (winter in Chiang Mai for example) but with enough oomph for the summer heat (or install two smaller conventional units and only run one in winter).

Yep, 600 BTU/sqm for ground floor rooms that don't have any major heat sources to battle.

For 2nd floor rooms, or rooms that are hotter then normal due to windows facing the afternoon sun, dormers, high/cathedral ceilings, or poor insulation, installers might recommend using 750-900 BTU/sqm. They'll also go higher In regions where the combination of heat and humidity can make it feel up to 10 degrees hotter than what the thermometer says (e.g. installers in Isaan will generally recommend more BTU/sqm than installers in Chiangmai)

Saijo Denki Hybrid Inverters (the ones that incorporate an evaporative cooler on the outdoor unit) are still the most energy efficient on the market - with Mistubishi and Daikin Inverters being the next best (for energy usage). Inverters are expensive though - so will only achieve payback if used daily for extended periods of time.

I have shopped around Kuchinarai and so far have found two places, neither one I would say was any good. One across from where the Bangkok Busses stop on the road to Phong Thong and one on the hospigal road just past the ice factory on the left side when driving to the hospital.

You might be interested in getting together with a bunch of Farangs, if so PM me, we meet every Saturday night for dinner at 6 and then a little Karaoke after. The karaoke is optional. George.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Issangeorge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...