Finally Hamad International Airport (Doha) operational !

yermanee

According to Alarabyia the new airport is scheduled to commence operations this coming week for low cost airlines and the rest to follow in May.

Article here : http://english.alarabiya.net/en/business/aviation-and-transport/2014/04/24/New-Qatar-airport-to-open-next-week-after-delay.html

Good news for Qatar Airlines aficionados.

Yermanee wai.gif

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if there are better maps of the new terminal than the ones provided on the airport website? The maps of the departure area show only the central shopping hub and one of the departure areas. A map of the whole floor would be useful for orientation.

Just as an afterthought, has anyone been through there yet? Any sage advice, tips, criticisms?

Edited by nisakiman

Does anyone know if there are better maps of the new terminal than the ones provided on the airport website? The maps of the departure area show only the central shopping hub and one of the departure areas. A map of the whole floor would be useful for orientation.

Just as an afterthought, has anyone been through there yet? Any sage advice, tips, criticisms?

Haven't been through yet, but I've read that the businessclass lounges are still not ready and will take another 3 months or so.

Yermanee wai.gif

Haven't been through yet, but I've read that the businessclass lounges are still not ready and will take another 3 months or so.

Yermanee wai.gif

Heh! That won't affect me. I seriously considered buying us business class tickets this time (as I get older, comfort becomes more important!), but in the end I couldn't justify the extra €3000 for a bit more comfort. So it's cattle class for us.

But I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's transited Hamad, and what their impressions were.

Yermanee wai.gif

Heh! That won't affect me. I seriously considered buying us business class tickets this time (as I get older, comfort becomes more important!), but in the end I couldn't justify the extra €3000 for a bit more comfort. So it's cattle class for us.

But I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's transited Hamad, and what their impressions were.

Just search for Hamad International Airport on Youtube. There are a few short vids available that might give you a first impression.

Yermanee wai.gif

i have just flown in to Doha from Thailand and out to the UK in the last 12 hours and still had the bus ride on my flights!!

I arrived from LHR yesterday at Hamad, no buses to my flight, but a bloody long walk to my connecting gate!!

Apart from that Qatar was excellent

i have just flown in to Doha from Thailand and out to the UK in the last 12 hours and still had the bus ride on my flights!!

I arrived from LHR yesterday at Hamad, no buses to my flight, but a bloody long walk to my connecting gate!!

Apart from that Qatar was excellent

Do they have small baggage trolleys airside? Some airports do, and they're really handy when you've got a long walk with hand baggage, laptop, maybe duty free etc.