Why do they let these idiots in country?

Strangebrew

I don't like your Brit comment as I am English.

If your so informed about "Brits", pray tell me what My problem is. ?

English ? Are you sure ?

Can you please explain what you mean by "pray tell me what My problem is"

crazy pom wink.png

I am 50% English and 50% American. So does this mean I am half stupid or a total Yanker?

My old granddad once told me in all his wisdom, that Australians are only cockneys from London who went sailing round the world searching for the promised land of Utopia and got lost.

English ? Are you sure ?

crazy pom wink.png

I am 50% English and 50% American. So does this mean I am half stupid or a total Yanker?

My old granddad once told me in all his wisdom, that Australians are only cockneys from London who went sailing round the world searching for the promised land of Utopia and got lost.

BJ, you're just stupid, nothing to do with your roots :-p

• Like 1

English ? Are you sure ?

crazy pom wink.png

I thought the Australians are the descendants of British prisoners and other people unwelcome on the small island which got deported to the big Island?

• Like 1

English ? Are you sure ?

crazy pom wink.png

If you continue on like this, I will start thinking you don`t like me.

• Like 1

There is always someone putting sh*t on someones nationally here. Why cant people just talk about topics without putting people down on their nationally . To suggest this person was English is an insult to the English members here on this forum Now p*ss off

English ? Are you sure ?

crazy pom wink.png

I thought it was a bit rude that he referred to you as blowjob. After, that's what a bj is. :P

• Like 1

Lol, BJ I don't always agree with some of your postings, and you are probably the same about mine. At least I think you might have a sense of humour given that you are claiming half POM status

English ? Are you sure ?

crazy pom wink.png

I thought it was a bit rude that he referred to you as blowjob. After, that's what a bj is. tongue.png

Well, if you`re that desperate, I can meet you round the back of the pun pun guest house next Friday afternoon? Only need one glass of Leo beer and I`m any body`s..

After living in Thailand for many years and in-between working abroad until they told me to pee off and sent me into retirement, Western nationalities have become irrelevant to me and I just see them as other farangs, which I suppose is the same way they perceive me.

Let us be honest, if we were all so patriotic regarding our own Western countries, than we wouldn`t have packed it all in and come to live in this God forsaken country at the bottom end of the world.

Sometimes i have been out on my motorbike, looked at the other drivers on the road, then seeing all these South East Asian people around me I have wondered how the hell did I end up here? Sometimes I feel like I`m in a spot the odd one out competition. The worst part is, that having been here for so long, it`s now the farangs that seem to look out of place to me, tall pale faces standing out like a sore thumb in the crowd. I never think to myself, what nationality are they? Which I suppose could be regarded as not a good thing, meaning I have been here too long.

Do not misunderstand me, I do love my life in Thailand, but sometimes, only on rare occasions, I feel a little home sick and have a yearning to visit a good old English pub where I can naturally blend in with everyone else. Problem is, that back where I came from, it is now about a 90% mixture of Jamaicans and Indians, so I would probably still be a foreigner and still look out of place over there.

• Like 1

After living in Thailand for many years and in-between working abroad until they told me to pee off and sent me into retirement, Western nationalities have become irrelevant to me and I just see them as other farangs, which I suppose is the same way they perceive me.

Let us be honest, if we were all so patriotic regarding our own Western countries, than we wouldn`t have packed it all in and come to live in this God forsaken country at the bottom end of the world.

Sometimes i have been out on my motorbike, looked at the other drivers on the road, then seeing all these South East Asian people around me I have wondered how the hell did I end up here? Sometimes I feel like I`m in a spot the odd one out competition. The worst part is, that having been here for so long, it`s now the farangs that seem to look out of place to me, tall pale faces standing out like a sore thumb in the crowd. I never think to myself, what nationality are they? Which I suppose could be regarded as not a good thing, meaning I have been here too long.

Do not misunderstand me, I do love my life in Thailand, but sometimes, only on rare occasions, I feel a little home sick and have a yearning to visit a good old English pub where I can naturally blend in with everyone else. Problem is, that back where I came from, it is now about a 90% mixture of Jamaicans and Indians, so I would probably still be a foreigner and still look out of place over there.

Your last sentence....simple mind is a joy forever....losing credibility....sad though....

• Like 2

hey man,i have been here two years and now i don't even notice kon thai staring at me,and same as you if i see another falang i don't know now i look ,what the hell is happening to me,s omedays i too really wonder why i am here,it is like something out of a Conrad novel,still i sleep well but my dreams are always of AUstralia,and when i lived there they where always of England,i cannot go back so will have to make the best of it,could be worse,could be better,and really hard to go back once you have been away so long,i miss both Aus and England,but realise now going back is not an option.

hey man,i have been here two years and now i don't even notice kon thai staring at me,and same as you if i see another falang i don't know now i look ,what the hell is happening to me,s omedays i too really wonder why i am here,it is like something out of a Conrad novel,still i sleep well but my dreams are always of AUstralia,and when i lived there they where always of England,i cannot go back so will have to make the best of it,could be worse,could be better,and really hard to go back once you have been away so long,i miss both Aus and England,but realise now going back is not an option.

I am going home to AUSTRALIA --------for a holiday and then back to my real home in Thailand

Just when I want to give you the benefit of doubt, you go and blow it again, sorry BJ.

You still wont be Thai though.

Edited by mrtoad

Why, are you a fugitive?

I have lived in the States and spent a lot of time in Europe, Dad American, Mum English, but I have always considered my self as English, not British, English. Like you going back is not an option especially these days as the England I knew during my young days has long gone, and going back now would be a reverse culture shock, would probably hate it. I prefer to be a patriot from afar and left with my fond memories.

I actually love living in Thailand, which I consider my real and only home now having all my family here, but sometimes, again as I said on rare occasions, my mind drifts back to old England, which unlike one poster describes as sad, I think is normal and I am sure I`m not the only one, which is now getting to my point of answering the OP`s question.

I would not describe the newbie Westerners plonking themselves in Thailand as idiots, but rather they come here totally naive. I am blessed with having made close friends here and being with my close family, and even I at times after living here over 30 years can feel home sick sometimes, but quite a few who come here these days can find themselves alone and isolated if they do have have any close people or contacts in Thailand and those to show them the way and point them in the right direction. I believe those who have been here long term, the old hands so to speak, should be more approachable for advice and guidance rather than categorising these people as stupid or idiots.

When I first arrived on Thai soil it felt like going to the moon for me. Totally lost in an alien world and I was so very naive back in those days that now it is embarrassing just to think back how dumb I must have appeared to the Thais and other ex-pats at the time. I am not saying that there are no idiots landing here, but I always try to give them a chance to prove themselves before I declare them a lost cause.

I have lived in the States and spent a lot of time in Europe, Dad American, Mum English, but I have always considered my self as English, not British, English. Like you going back is not an option especially these days as the England I knew during my young days has long gone, and going back now would be a reverse culture shock, would probably hate it. I prefer to be a patriot from afar and left with my fond memories.

I actually love living in Thailand, which I consider my real and only home now having all my family here, but sometimes, again as I said on rare occasions, my mind drifts back to old England, which unlike one poster describes as sad, I think is normal and I am sure I`m not the only one, which is now getting to my point of answering the OP`s question.

I would not describe the newbie Westerners plonking themselves in Thailand as idiots, but rather they come here totally naive. I am blessed with having made close friends here and being with my close family, and even I at times after living here over 30 years can feel home sick sometimes, but quite a few who come here these days can find themselves alone and isolated if they do have have any close people or contacts in Thailand and those to show them the way and point them in the right direction. I believe those who have been here long term, the old hands so to speak, should be more approachable for advice and guidance rather than categorising these people as stupid or idiots.

When I first arrived on Thai soil it felt like going to the moon for me. Totally lost in an alien world and I was so very naive back in those days that now it is embarrassing just to think back how dumb I must have appeared to the Thais and other ex-pats at the time. I am not saying that there are no idiots landing here, but I always try to give them a chance to prove themselves before I declare them a lost cause.

Sad...not referred to your memories but to the fact that u wrote that 90% are now jamaicans and indians....sounds like a total prejudicial, and untrue, statement.....the same ones you dislike when others tend, in your opinion, to post negative about thailand. You understand ?

• Like 1

BJ do you now hold Thai citizenship, given your length of stay?

No, because I doubt I would pass the tests involved and besides doing a way with the inconvenience of having to extend my visa every year, I don`t see any other benefits of having Thai citizenship.

i have ample funds to support the 800000 baht retirement visa requirements, our land and house all legally belong to the kids so there is no reasons I would need any of that in my name as a Thai citizen. Being a Thai citizen would entitle me to the so-called health 30 baht scheme, but although far from being rich, I`m not that short of money and prefer to go private to receive the best medical heath care if I became ill or even return back to England if for a life threatening illness if the need me, as I have paid all my national insurance credits for most of my working life.

I think it all depends on everyone`s situation.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722148-cultural-question/

if anyone's interested what this is about. Oh and "flang", who's keeping the score these days?

Got to admit, I agree with the OP on this one. The guy that started that thread is seriously a beer or two short of a six-pack. And he actually thinks it's a "cultural question." I was going to post on that thread but it's so profoundly idiotic that I decided not to.

I just read part of the thread, it's truely idiocy at its best. This is the class of individual that this place attracts and is one of the reasons I actively avoid tourist Thailand at all costs.

I'd like to say, I think you are wrong about him being just one or two beers short of a six pack, clearly, there's no beer in his six pack, none whatsoever. wink.png

Edited by djmatty

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722148-cultural-question/

if anyone's interested what this is about. Oh and "flang", who's keeping the score these days?

Got to admit, I agree with the OP on this one. The guy that started that thread is seriously a beer or two short of a six-pack. And he actually thinks it's a "cultural question." I was going to post on that thread but it's so profoundly idiotic that I decided not to.

I just read part of the thread, it's truely idiocy at its best. This is the class of individual that this place attracts and is one of the reasons I actively avoid tourist Thailand at all costs.

I'd like to say, I think you are wrong about him being just one or two beers short of a six pack, clearly, there's no beer in his six pack, none whatsoever. wink.png

Is there a correlation between the weakining of the baht, and the lowering of standards of new arrivals?

I've seem some of the most moronic topics in the past week here, that would occupy a large portion of the Top Ten most retarded.

I did initially decide to spit venom back, but decided to rise above it; I'll stay away in future, there are plenty of polite forums out there. Thank you for your input.

Edited by djmatty