Farang coming get the hand out.

Banshee

I've seen this so many times. Go to visit my girlfriend's family and everyone just expects you to buy the beer because of your skin colour.:) Its quite funny to see how quick the moochers disappear when the beer runs out. And they never offer to buy for me. Seems to be more an Issaan thing as my ex wife's family from Phayao would always buy for me.

Another reason why I prefer the more educated and wealthier Thais to associate with. They tend to have better manners and be much less of the freeloader mentality.

Exactly, I have had them share the tabs even in isaan, however it's as rare as hens teeth.

They to often look to us, and to often come out in droves when you arrive, but p off quick when not getting a free hand out every minute.

Those that stick around prove their there for the right reasons other then whiskey and a feed.

• Like 1

Been there with my ex wife. It really is all about who you mix with.

Example when the plane lands in udon there's at least 10 members of family for 1 fallang .

Now I came back to my friends I used to mix with in London / BKk things are different.

Like this . If you date a slapper from a council estate in Liverpool. Why do you expect her family to be ok. They will be the same has any deprived family round the world .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Know the problem OP. Having just retired, we also returned to Thailand to live a couple of months ago and they came out of the woodwork. Three different members of my wife's family (not parents or siblings - they don't ask), two of whom she hasn't even had contact with in over fifteen years, miraculously appeared at our door on the scrounge in our first four days here. They left empty-handed and haven't been sighted since.

Then, two days ago one of her nieces arrived (with layabout boyfriend attached) from Surin with a sob story about not having enough to get by on or to even eat! (LOL - she weighs about seventy kilo). Could they have twenty thousand, they asked.

Auntie Songhua: 'How did you get here?'

The Niece: 'By bus'.

Auntie Songhua: 'Here's four hundred for a feed and your bus ticket back'.

Scroungers everywhere, and often those from a certain generation as opposed to a location.

I've seen this so many times. Go to visit my girlfriend's family and everyone just expects you to buy the beer because of your skin colour.smile.png Its quite funny to see how quick the moochers disappear when the beer runs out. And they never offer to buy for me. Seems to be more an Issaan thing as my ex wife's family from Phayao would always buy for me.

Another reason why I prefer the more educated and wealthier Thais to associate with. They tend to have better manners and be much less of the freeloader mentality.

EXACTLY !

And I don't even understand how some farangs can live with the BAANORK people...

That's not entirely true.

People are quick to run down the issan people . But it's the country and the system here that has made them what they are.

Admittedly some are lazy. But most ate like you and me. They have desires and wants.

It's just they know it's nigh

on impossible to get.

Let's have it right in London does a stripper in a go go bar really want to do a dance for an old bald pot bellied pig for a score ?

People chasing money all over the world this way.

Believe me there's loads in London its just not that prominent

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry, but have to disagree. Everyone has to take personal responsibility for themselves. No one ever did anything for me and I was willing to live in complete isolation at -40C on Baffin Island for 2 years, perpetual darkness for 6 months, zero trees and high winds to achieve my goals. How many poor Thais would be willing to subject themselves to this environment to achieve their goals?

How many Thais will study 12 hours a day for 6 years at university with no job guarantee waiting upon graduation? How many Thais will volunteer in order to gain job experience? Poverty and freeloading is downright laziness. How come my ex girlfriend's family in Chayapun can't find any field workers to cut sugar cane at 300 baht/day? I worked on a farm for zero pay everyday from 10 years old just to help my family.

That's why I have zero respect for poor people and especially from Issan.

I agree 100%.

• Like 1