CAPO does not think PDRC activities on May 5, 14, 15 will be violent

webfact

cap.jpg

BANGKOK, 2 May 2014 (NNT) – The People's Democratic Reform Committee's (PDRC) activities planned for May 5, 14 and 15 are not expected to lead to turmoil or violence, according to the Center for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO).

CAPO director Chalerm Yubamrung said the planned activities by PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban during the said dates were nothing new. He claimed, however, that Mr. Suthep was creating enemies in Thailand as well as outside the country by acting against the political atmosphere that was moving towards an election, in accordance with democratic principles.

Deputy Prime Minister Suraphong Towichakchaikun, chief adviser to the CAPO, contended that the so-called '3-steps to checkmate' demonstrations scheduled by the PDRC should not result in violence or chaos.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-02 footer_n.gif

So CAPO believes that the PDRC rallies will not be violent. Thats a very good assesment since the PDRC rallies have not been violent since they started. In fact most all the violence has been directed at the PDRC and not by them. Including the violence that the CAPO themselves started.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well, they got the first part right, but forgot to add, unless the NACC or Constitution Court rule against Yingluck, then the Red Shits will go apeshit.

First off..... Their rallies are dated 5th, 13th and 14th and not the dates in the headline.. So they don't even know what they are talking about.

However... What they do not know also, is that the 14th will be the major blow and this still remains secret although sounds very ominous with tactical gatherings at several locations, and this time I don't think they will be just blowing whistles and asking for support.

This is all in secret and not to be revealed until the 14th.... so in essence CAPO have absolutely no idea what is coming.

I hope one of these places will be CAPO HQ.

Edited by WoopyDoo

CAPO director Chalerm Yubamrung said the planned activities by PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban during the said dates were nothing new. He claimed, however, that Mr. Suthep was creating enemies in Thailand as well as outside the country by acting against the political atmosphere that was moving towards an election, in accordance with democratic principles.

---------------------------------------

I guess this means that Thaksin no longer likes Suthep? The only person outside the country that cares (okay exaggeration, there are all of the thai expats who care as well).

I think that perhaps all the people that are going to be an enemy of Suthep are already an enemy, so the warning is superfluous.

So CAPO believes that the PDRC rallies will not be violent. Thats a very good assesment since the PDRC rallies have not been violent since they started. In fact most all the violence has been directed at the PDRC and not by them. Including the violence that the CAPO themselves started.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Bullshirt

First off..... Their rallies are dated 5th, 13th and 14th and not the dates in the headline.. So they don't even know what they are talking about.

However... What they do not know also, is that the 14th will be the major blow and this still remains secret although sounds very ominous with tactical gatherings at several locations, and this time I don't think they will be just blowing whistles and asking for support.

This is all in secret and not to be revealed until the 14th.... so in essence CAPO have absolutely no idea what is coming.

Er, if this "major blow" remains such a secret, how do you know about these "tactical gatherings" at several locations? Not much of a secret is it? Is it going to be like one big flash mob?

---------------------------------------

I guess this means that Thaksin no longer likes Suthep? The only person outside the country that cares (okay exaggeration, there are all of the thai expats who care as well).

I think that perhaps all the people that are going to be an enemy of Suthep are already an enemy, so the warning is superfluous.

I'll think you'll find he's alluding to the boys in the background, the ones that don't exist according to several expert political analysts on here.

The Red shirts small gathering on Aksa Rd however, might get a little heated. Obviously that is of no concern for. CAPO though..!!!

whenever Chalerm opens mouth lies pour forth. so when chalerm says there will be no violence.. .. for the first time.. ever... i question his motives. remember ... he is thai. they are easy to read ... like a book.

aksa is my turf. those who litter will have their hand broken. red or yellow.

i mean... i will smile and do nothing.

It is hard to think of two politicians who have more of a gift for the inconsequential than Thaksin's cousin, Surapong, and Thaksin's long-time heavy, Chalerm. They have always been the permanent Thaksin fixtures - immovable. They also happen to lack competency. Surapong is hopeless in front of the camera or even sitting in committee - struggling to maintain the perception he's actually alive. Chalerm is a high-wire act - which is sadly not matched by his grasp. Both Surapong and Chalerm are essentially providers of whatever misinformation Thaksin wants perpetrated, whether it be Thaksin's opinion of Suthep, or Thaksin's opinion as to where CAPO should focus their energies, or Thaksin's opinion of the Constitutional Court, or Thaksin's opinion of the National Anti-Corruption Commission. In an ironic way, Surapong and Chalerm have become a stable and reliable measure - in the sense that for whatever they say, one can be reasonably assured that the opposite is the truth.

• Like 1

Er, if this "major blow" remains such a secret, how do you know about these "tactical gatherings" at several locations? Not much of a secret is it? Is it going to be like one big flash mob?

Yes! Give us a clue WoopyDoo. Are they going to seize the airport, stop the skytrain, close the toll ways, or what?

I'm due to fly in on the afternoon of the 14th and would appreciate some help in planning my journey.