Abhisit insists he has no hidden agenda

webfact

abhisit-3-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva insisted today that he had no hidden agenda or wanted to set a pre-condition when he declared his intention to take a break from politics if he proposed political roadmap to break the political impasse is accepted by all political stakeholders.

Speaking to Blue Sky TV Channel on Friday, Abhisit said he hoped all stakeholders should feel relieved with his planned decision to take a break from active politics to prove that he had no hidden agenda whatsoever for his role to convince all parties concerned to come to the negotiating table to thrash out their political differences.

He said that the public confidence in politicians could be restored if politicians did not attach themselves to powers.

The Democrat party leader criticized caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra of setting a precondition by setting the election date while it is not certain whether an election can be held peacefully.

He asked the prime minister to rethink about the July 20 election date.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/abhisit-insistes-hidden-agenda/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-02

Now come on, Mark...... play the white man. smile.png

You may be more principled than your average Thai politician but you are still a politician and they ALL have hidden agendas.

Show me an honest politician and I'll show you a virgin bargirl.

It's not impossible . . . I found my virgin Thai girl of 28 in "meLuvULongTymeHunnyButOnlyIfUCanPayme" go-go bar in Pattaya . . . catchy bar name, eh?

• Like 2

DogLaughing.gif

The Democrat party leader criticized caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra of setting a precondition by setting the election date while it is not certain whether an election can be held peacefully.

First he demands that the PTP talk to the EC - they talk, they agree a date, and what happens, abhisit, boycotter of two elections and winner of none, criticises them for it

You are very conveniently leaving out the conditions that the EC placed on the Jul 20th election - which mirror Abhisit's concerns

• Like 1

Just as I said the Dem and Abhisit are crying now want threating to boycott the elections. He wants it his way or no other way. What a sad person he is. He has no right to be head of any party.

• Like 1

DogLaughing.gif

First he demands that the PTP talk to the EC - they talk, they agree a date, and what happens, abhisit, boycotter of two elections and winner of none, criticises them for it

You are very conveniently leaving out the conditions that the EC placed on the Jul 20th election - which mirror Abhisit's concerns

Not at all. Just what are these conditions that the EC put on the July 20th date, these?

Before the meeting, Supachai said the EC proposed three election dates - July 20, August 17 and September 14 - to the government. It also presented the results of its earlier meetings with security agencies and political parties as well as Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva.

The EC felt July 20 was an appropriate date but if the government disagreed, then it must give its reasons, he said before the meeting. The EC would listen but remained true to its stance is that the election must not be held in an atmosphere of conflict and that there must be no violence. Meanwhile, EC member Somchai Srisutthiyakorn said the government must ensure a free and fair election, it must stay neutral as the caretaker government and must not abuse the power for its advantage and the security agencies must provide support in maintaining peace and order during the election process, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722638-crisis-hit-thailand-to-hold-new-election-on-july-20/

Bearing in mind that it is the EC's responsibility to request any security it needs to provide these "ideal conditions", I don't see what more the caretaker government can do. If suthep and his goons try the same thing again the courts need to get rid of their ridiculous notions of the PDRC legally acting in accordance to their "rights" by stopping people from voting. This threat remains as long as suthep and his goons promise to block any election. What is the government to do, wait until suthep is put in prison?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I believe Abhisit does have a hidden agenda and he is not telling the truth. He did not attend the EC meeting with other parties because he feared for his life. Someone was out to kill him. What a joke. A few days later he mets without the other parties with the EC given the time and place for the meeting. Why didn't he want to attend the meeting with the other parties. Because it wouldn't be about him. Same thing with meeting YL. He said he meet with her but it has to be boardcast live? Why? Why didn't he have a live boardcast with the General or the EC. Again it's all about him. I put my money on the Dems boycotting any election and Abhisit will not drop out of politics. We will see in a few weeks.

He's life and the family have been under threat since he became leader of the Democrats, not a-week go's past without some member of the family being threatened, it's no joke my friend when your wife and children get death threats when you know full well the police are useless .

It's really fascinating to watch Pheu Thai supporters make a field day out of Abhisit. Here is someone who is attempting to do what no other politician inside ( or outside ) the country is trying to do. Fancy that. Who is the person who is trying to reach out, meet parties, and reach some form of consensus ? Who is the person who is willing to step down if it will forge an agreement ? Is it Yingluck ? Is it Surapong ? Perhaps it's Chalerm ? No. The only person doing so is Abhisit. Yingluck, Surapong, Chalerm haven't even made the faintest attempt to even look like they're interested. Abhisit has not only put his career on the line for this, but has had to do it while Nattawut " I will take responsibility, my brothers " Saikua pieces together a silly video, while put downs are offered from such erudite men as Prompong and every other unsmiling Pheu Thai spokesman who flashes by the camera. Abhisit makes a very good point about politicians that are willing to step down. It's a rarity in politics. But he is willing to do it. The question is, is Thaksin ? Yingluck - as expected - has scheduled a date completely unconcerned about any consensus initiative Abhisit had - as if anyone really believed that she cared in the first place.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I believe Abhisit does have a hidden agenda and he is not telling the truth. He did not attend the EC meeting with other parties because he feared for his life. Someone was out to kill him. What a joke. A few days later he mets without the other parties with the EC given the time and place for the meeting. Why didn't he want to attend the meeting with the other parties. Because it wouldn't be about him. Same thing with meeting YL. He said he meet with her but it has to be boardcast live? Why? Why didn't he have a live boardcast with the General or the EC. Again it's all about him. I put my money on the Dems boycotting any election and Abhisit will not drop out of politics. We will see in a few weeks.

He's life and the family have been under threat since he became leader of the Democrats, not a-week go's past without some member of the family being threatened, it's no joke my friend when your wife and children get death threats when you know full well the police are useless .

Yeh, his house gets a hand grenade but only when he's not there and when the 6 cameras don't seem to capture the culprit.

And Issara Somchai (not to be confused with Bo Issara, Issara Somchai is the one accused of torturing the taxi driver with a UDD membership card and throwing his body in the river) also gets his house hand grenaded, but only when he's not there, and it damaged the tail light of one of his cars.

Even Aides to Prem get hand grenaded, with the pin still in, which is handy as he was about to join the Pitik Siam anti-grovernment protests back in 1st August 2013. The bomber is so clever as to know this aide will be protesting, and his home address, yet not clever enough to remove the pin from the hand grenade!

The phrase 'beggers belief' was made for times like this.

• Like 2

Why do so many Farang get bothered about the amnesty bill when it has basically nothing to do with them? The amnesty bill was a mistake for sure but anyone who thinks that bill was just about Thaksins needs a reality check and many other parties backed that bill as well but it soon became aparrent that the public backlash would be an issue.

Abhisit has been setting conditions since day one so of course he has an agenda all politicians have them some transparent and more often hidden ones too!!!

It's really fascinating to watch Pheu Thai supporters make a field day out of Abhisit. Here is someone who is attempting to do what no other politician inside ( or outside ) the country is trying to do. Fancy that. Who is the person who is trying to reach out, meet parties, and reach some form of consensus ? Who is the person who is willing to step down if it will forge an agreement ? Is it Yingluck ? Is it Surapong ? Perhaps it's Chalerm ? No. The only person doing so is Abhisit. Yingluck, Surapong, Chalerm haven't even made the faintest attempt to even look like they're interested. Abhisit has not only put his career on the line for this, but has had to do it while Nattawut " I will take responsibility, my brothers " Saikua pieces together a silly video, while put downs are offered from such erudite men as Prompong and every other unsmiling Pheu Thai spokesman who flashes by the camera. Abhisit makes a very good point about politicians that are willing to step down. It's a rarity in politics. But he is willing to do it. The question is, is Thaksin ? Yingluck - as expected - has scheduled a date completely unconcerned about any consensus initiative Abhisit had - as if anyone really believed that she cared in the first place.

Chavanon said if Abhisit's proposal for bringing Thailand out of crisis were to be rejected, the Dems would once again boycott the elections... so to even suggest that this whole Abhisit Amorphous Proposal might have a chance and everybody should sit up and take notice of what a noble gesture he has made.. has just been trumped by the Dems Party announcement... Unfortunately Abhisit jumped the shark long ago and is now just a candle in the wind and undoubtedly will not get the historical reverence he believes he deserves..

And again since I am not privy to the noble gesture offer he has supposedly made I cannot assign it as either noble or ignoble... he might not run but he is not stepping down He will continue to be the Party leader...yes? He's not stepping down... and we don't know the details yet...unless I missed the latest flash

• Like 1

For all the talk of his education and supposed intelligence, I've seen no signs of it. Time and time again he squanders any advantage he has and continually gets outmaneuvered by a woman whom him and his supporters insist is an idiot. He's pathetically transparent in his machinations and the only people who buy it seem to be spambots who do nothing but regurgitate basic talking points on this site like that guy with the penguin avatar.

And of course he has a separate agenda, the fact that he even answered this question on Blue &lt;deleted&gt; Sky TV tells you everything you need to know. Why did he even bring it up? It feels like a perfect case of protesting too much.

• Like 1

Oh please share these death threats with us. Once a week you say. it's a wonder he could go down to the 7-11, let alone make all these meetings with various people in the 10 days he's allowed himself to save the world. Give me strength....................

• Like 1

Is it Yingluck ? Is it Surapong ? Perhaps it's Chalerm ? No. It's Superabhisit!

What's he going to step down from? He's not a politician anymore, he resigned, and until he takes part in an election and gets voted in or gets in on a Party List number, he won't be a politician again. So what's he stepping down from, what sacrifice is he making? Step down from being Leader of a Party known for boycotting elections and not having won one for 20 years - it's not exactly a wrench, is it?

• Like 1

Who is the person who is willing to step down if it will forge an agreement ? Is it Yingluck ? Is it Surapong ? Perhaps it's Chalerm ? No. The only person doing so is Abhisit.

Abhisit cannot step down, since he has nothing to step down from. He resigned as MP before parliament was dissolved. He is not leader of the opposition. He has no title and no job to stand down from. Of course he could quit the Democrat Party, but who cares? Most of the Democrats don't even support the party these days, they're off polluting Lumpini Park and scaring the other hia.

I took Abhisit's initial statement as a direct threat to the nation. "If you don't accept my plan, without change, I'm coming back and if you think I was bad next time, well, you just wait."

But then he said he would not give out all his plan because people would tear it down before giving it a chance, and he would talk behind closed doors and give out his plan there, and then make it public. Fine. Good. But now he says he does NOT have a hidden agenda. And now you say Abhisit will step down.

It's not that I'm confused, because Abhisit isn't and wasn't ever deep enough to confuse anyone. He's a good looking, charming guy (put on a bit too much weight mind you) and would make a good mid-level civil servant, I think. He has been told all his life he was created for greatness, and he wasn't and it won't happen. And now you're saying he will step down? You mean boycott another election, or what? He has no position he could possibly stand down from that would affect the country in any manner.

At least he is making an effort to find common ground. Asessing the political divide is going to take more time I was sure of that at the start. What are all these other people doing to move forward? And as to the Dems message today: they were specifically asked what if the plan is rejected, straight out. Then of course they will not join. Nothing has changed. Shell parties can still replace parties that are convicted of electoral fraud (PPP TRT PTP) and the division of votes through a system that is bias towards the PTP (they changed the electorates) is still in place. Hence the reply.

Edited by rebelplatoon

DogLaughing.gif

Not at all. Just what are these conditions that the EC put on the July 20th date, these?

Before the meeting, Supachai said the EC proposed three election dates - July 20, August 17 and September 14 - to the government. It also presented the results of its earlier meetings with security agencies and political parties as well as Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva.

The EC felt July 20 was an appropriate date but if the government disagreed, then it must give its reasons, he said before the meeting. The EC would listen but remained true to its stance is that the election must not be held in an atmosphere of conflict and that there must be no violence. Meanwhile, EC member Somchai Srisutthiyakorn said the government must ensure a free and fair election, it must stay neutral as the caretaker government and must not abuse the power for its advantage and the security agencies must provide support in maintaining peace and order during the election process, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/722638-crisis-hit-thailand-to-hold-new-election-on-july-20/

Bearing in mind that it is the EC's responsibility to request any security it needs to provide these "ideal conditions", I don't see what more the caretaker government can do. If suthep and his goons try the same thing again the courts need to get rid of their ridiculous notions of the PDRC legally acting in accordance to their "rights" by stopping people from voting. This threat remains as long as suthep and his goons promise to block any election. What is the government to do, wait until suthep is put in prison?

I take offence. You have downgraded the "Thugs" to "Goons" How dare you!

Edited by Mudcrab

I bet he will be appointed as next PM.

Simple as that.

Todays the big day!

We get to find out Abhisits big plan!

....Postpone elections, don't put preconditions on elections, like a date???

So that's it? His big plan?

If you read the process needed for his judicial soft coup, it needs a lot of things to happen. This takes a lot of time.

The Senate leader needs to be impeached, NACC needs to be stuffed with more aparachiks, they might need to remove some of the elected senators again. They tried to remove 36 of the elected Senators using the NACC to claim voting as an indictable (impeachable) offense. But they didn't do it quick enough to make a difference, since those senators will be replaced now at elections anyway. There's a bunch of delays involved, the Senate needs 15 days, the people being impeached are required to defend themselves etc.

So you can gather by his attempt to delay elections, the schedule is slipping on their judicial coup.

No comment on the process, but why do you insist on calling a "judicial coup?" Isn't it in fact due process of law as it stands at the present time?