Phuket expat appeals for return of Bt1.4m-watch stolen in burglary

webfact

Maybe it's just the perspective but it looks rather large to be a women's model. I used to be enamored of watches about 15 years ago but now I just wear a $20 Casio. It has dual time, a chronometer, a stopwatch, an alarm and a little light when you push a button so you can see it at night. I always carry a spare one with me in my suite case when I travel. The Casios now come with a five-year battery. I've never lost a watch yet but at $20 they're easily replacibile.

Hello every Tom, Dick and Harry in Thailand. I am rich and have just been robbed of some very expensive bling. My name is ..., my address is ...

A case of too much detail I think.

Hope he gets his stuff back though and the thief is punished.

Disgusting! If the watch was returned, it should be sold and the proceeds donated to charity..

It is his money. He has the right to spend as he sees fit. Extravagant? Yes! Or are we into income re-distribution.

1.4 mil Baht watch, does it keep better time than say a 2000 baht watch

To me its an insane amount to pay, but if the owner has no better use for his money up to him

If he feels charitable I'm happy to take the odd 1 or 2 mil off his hands whistling.gif

• Like 1

Disgusting! If the watch was returned, it should be sold and the proceeds donated to charity..

Lol.. How much do you contribute to charity?

A lot more than that watch is worth.

so tell us how much? You are happy to berate others use of their funds, do tell us how & where you donate your money!

Lol.. How much do you contribute to charity?

A lot more than that watch is worth.

so tell us how much? You are happy to berate others use of their funds, do tell us how & where you donate your money!

LOL, berate? You're getting wound up over an article which is BS.

The OP states, “The value of this is not in line with the watch, but the sentimental value is very high as this was given to my wife from my mother and my mother got it from my grandmother.”

As Woodsie888 pointed out,

"Hublot watches weren't even dreamed of, let alone manufactured when his Grandmother was alive, given the first models were produced around 1980."

If you must know, I just made quite a large donation to siamsmile.org - a very worthy charity!

Not wound up, you called it disgusting. I don't care what people spend their cash on, whereas you seem to?

So how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There's not much point in telling someone who doesn't care.

But, okay, I slipped them a couple of million baht, which I got from Mom, who inherited it off of her mother in Swiss francs.

Not wound up, you called it disgusting. I don't care what people spend their cash on, whereas you seem to?

So how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There's not much point in telling someone who doesn't care.

But, okay, I slipped them a couple of million baht, which I got from Mom, who inherited it off of her mother in Swiss francs.

Well done! I am sure a nice fluffy cloud awaits you after this life

If you read the OP, it is a family heirloom handed down from his Grandmother to his mother to him.

Sentimental value.

Sometimes i wonder if any of you lot read anything, or just skip over things and add stupid comments which mean nothing to the story being told.

Perhaps you should re read the OP yourself.

Hublot watches weren't even dreamed of, let alone manufactured when his Grandmother was alive, given the first models were produced around 1980.

My bad!! And I live in Switzerland!! Obviously, I don't wear expensive watches, in fact i don't wear any watch!!

You got me!!

If you read the OP, it is a family heirloom handed down from his Grandmother to his mother to him.

Sentimental value.

Sometimes i wonder if any of you lot read anything, or just skip over things and add stupid comments which mean nothing to the story being told.

Perhaps you should re read the OP yourself.

Hublot watches weren't even dreamed of, let alone manufactured when his Grandmother was alive, given the first models were produced around 1980.

My bad!! And I live in Switzerland!! Obviously, I don't wear expensive watches, in fact i don't wear any watch!!

You got me!!

Mai pen rai