US actor Efrem Zimbalist Jr dies at 95

Lite Beer

US actor Efrem Zimbalist Jr dies at 95

CALIFORNIA: -- The American actor Efrem Zimbalist Jr, who starred in the long-running TV show The FBI, has died at the age of 95.

Zimbalist Jr played Inspector Lewis Erskine in the show, which ran from 1965 until 1974.

Before that he became a household name in the US playing private investigator Stu Bailey in 77 Sunset Strip, which ran from 1958-64.

In later life he retired to his ranch in Solvang, California, where he died on Friday.

Read More : http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27269383

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-04

RIP......never heard of him

I remember him viivdly from 77 Sunset Strip and other shows. His father was an accomplished musician and very famous in his time.

When we pass, our life's accomplishments remain long after our bodies have gone away.

• Like 1

His father was an internationally known concert violinist, composer, teacher, conductor and director of the Curtis Institute of Music.

And his daughter, Stephanie is also an actress, she had a long turn on Remington Steele, with Pierce Brosnan.

RIP... 77 Sunset Strip, one of the few shows I still remember...I must be getting old.

You are. I'm getting old and I barely remember it. My parents would though, if they were still alive.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I well remember him in the FBI.

"MAD" Magazine once did a spoof, and his name was Lew Oilyskin.

He heard someone behind him say "Mafia"!

He turned around, and an Italian lawyer was telling his client: "My fee isa $1000"cheesy.gif

RIP Efrem and what a ripe old age to reach too!

• Like 1

C'mon, I am not that old. He was a great actor, and if you saw him once, you would not have forgotten him.

This age thing is all in the mind. I remember him well and my gf has never heard of the Beatles.

Culture contrast rampant

Thailand

What a great place to get away from agist fogeys

I wish they'd leave their constraints at home

His sidekick was actually Kookie Burns who's real name was Edward Byrne Breitenberger. Kookie was the name he had for 77 Sunset strip where he was a car parking attendant who was constantly combing his hair.

Connie Stevens recorded a hit record titled "Kooke, Kookie, lend me your comb."

Sunset Strip is a nickname for Sunset Blvd and is a road that runs through Hollywood, and the address 77 was supposedly the location of Zimbalist's office.

I remember him viivdly from 77 Sunset Strip and other shows. His father was an accomplished musician and very famous in his time.

When we pass, our life's accomplishments remain long after our bodies have gone away.

Even back in the days of 77 Sunset Strip, at a very tender age, I thought it a very unusual name and often wondered if it was a 'stage name' or original.

RIP for someone well ahead of his game.

HMMM...???

A very famous actor, primarily for Television roles, but not unknow in movies.

I loved 77 Sunset Strip & Hawaiian Eye - not so much FBI...LOL

Yes, everyone ages and with the current state of medicine 95 is a very reasonqable age.

God Bless a man who spent his life well.

Main thing is. He had a good innings. Better than most of us. A fine example.

So, If he was Efrem Zimbalist Jr dies at 95 - how old was Efrem Zimbalist Snr?

As it happens, 95 also:

"Efrem Zimbalist, Sr. (21 April [O.S. 9 April] 1889 or 1890[1] – February 22, 1985) was an internationally known concert violinist, composer, teacher, conductor and director of the Curtis Institute of Music."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efrem_Zimbalist

• Like 2

Main thing is. He had a good innings. Better than most of us. A fine example.

So, If he was Efrem Zimbalist Jr dies at 95 - how old was Efrem Zimbalist Snr?

As it happens, 95 also:

"Efrem Zimbalist, Sr. (21 April [O.S. 9 April] 1889 or 1890[1] – February 22, 1985) was an internationally known concert violinist, composer, teacher, conductor and director of the Curtis Institute of Music."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Efrem_Zimbalist

Very interesting. It gets into the genetic inheritance . . .