Couscous

Where would one find a good Moroccan or Algerian Couscous in Bangkok?

Carrefour used to sell the prepared vegetables for a couscous but since they were taken over by Big C they are no longer sold.

When I could buy these vegetables I would make my own couscous but doing it from scratch is asking too much of me.

Down south the TOPS supermarkets carry a couple of brands, San Remo from Australia and Agnesi from Italy. Having bought some awful San Remo pasta I would never buy their couscous. At around 85 baht for a 500g pack of Agnesi couscous it makes more sense to prepare your own veggies to go with it.

Preparing and cooking some veg isn't that much work and tastes much better than the shop bought stuff.

Here's a quick recipe;

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/25-minute-tunisian-vegetable-couscous/

I know the roast vegetables taste much better but if you're short on time or have no oven then throwing some veg into a pan with some olive oil isn't too difficult is it?

Down south the TOPS supermarkets carry a couple of brands, San Remo from Australia and Agnesi from Italy. Having bought some awful San Remo pasta I would never buy their couscous. At around 85 baht for a 500g pack of Agnesi couscous it makes more sense to prepare your own veggies to go with it.

Preparing and cooking some veg isn't that much work and tastes much better than the shop bought stuff.

Here's a quick recipe;

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/25-minute-tunisian-vegetable-couscous/

I know the roast vegetables taste much better but if you're short on time or have no oven then throwing some veg into a pan with some olive oil isn't too difficult is it?

Thanks for the kind words; you're just too good to me.

I will spend many hours in the kitchen to make a boeuf stroganoff or a coq au vin but I won't to roast vegetables for a couscous and I hate cleaning vegetables to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...

I know what you mean about Big C not stocking many of the old Carrefour products. However in my experience Big C 'Extra' still stocks a lot of the old range. I imagine you can find a list of Big C Extra locations on their website. Good luck.