Sending sms

digit

Is there anybody out there, who can give me a link for sending SMS?

http://www.esmszone.com/  does not work.

even zdnetthailand does not work.

Everyday we speach with each other, but when i write sms she never receives it.

i tried so many sites,but none of them is working.

her phone`s preliminary election is 07.

in advance, thank you very much.

You have to speak with esmszone directly, we are not affiliated with them, I have actually given up on them...

It might be that the GSM operators have blocked these free SMS within Thailand. Have you tried the SMS function in the ICQ client, http://www.icq.com ?

thanks for your reply.

unfortunately i don`t want to install ICQ because they caused many problems on my harddisk 2 years ago.

do you know any other links for sending SMS?

hm i don't got any Clue how it works with the ICQ SMS thingy.

It doesn't work. It doesn't got any Thai free sms Services? I need to send an sms to a one2call Provider Mobile. I'll search in the net. But it Always bring me tho this emszone sms Service. It would be nice if somone knows some other sms services , which support the one2call Provider T_T.

There is none.The Thai GMS operators get a kickback (similar to the GSM roaming agreement)  from the foreign GSM operators every time an overseas SMS arrives into the Kingdom.

The companies like eSmszone.com do have a real problem here, their business model just does not work any more.

We are currently negotiating with DTAC and AIS, but sad to say they are not very interested in incoming international traffic on the "free basis", so they have blocked the free SMS providers out.

This might look like TiT, but many operators around the world have blocked this FREE sms practise as well.

So the best SMS is mobile to mobile. You get what you pay for!

I still think DTAC subscribers can receive from ICQ SMS. Not sure. Anybody who can confirm this?

I am a frustrated SMS sender too, I have tried all the networks and the messages never got through to my friends.  Luckily I did find one that finally works (after countless emails to the company) but you have to pay for the service.  I think it is something like $5 for 14 messages.  The company is http://www.Bigfoot.com and you have to install their software program.  Send a test message and if it doesn't work, email their customer service and they will respond.  When sending to Thailand (for example purposes I will use the mobile # 09-555-1234) type in +6695551234, type in your msg and hit send.  This should work but again, it will cost you.  The person receiving also cant respond to your message but at least they will get it and know you are thinking of them.  

Good luck!

Maybe I can add my own comments to this, since my business is solely concerned with text messaging!

The concept of 'free sms' seems great, but nothing is ever free!  Until recently, if an SMS message was sent from one mobile network to another, that 'receiving' mobile operator was required to deliver the SMS message to their subscriber phone without receiving any revenue for 'carrying' this SMS traffic.

The assumption was that the number of non-network messages received would balance out the number of network messages being sent to other networks, and so no revenue reconciliation was required.

However, some greedy mobile networks realised that they could make a fast buck by offering to deliver sms messages to other networks for only a very small charge to the sender (or zero charge if the website offering this free service could cover this small charge with online adverts etc etc).

Swisscom in Switzerland and MTN in South Africa were guilty of this practice and it resulted in huge numbers of sms messages being delivered onto other mobile networks who were then required to deliver them without charge.  Thus, the 'balance' of messages-in, messages-out became hugely unbalanced!

Result - many mobile networks blocked the delivery of such 'free' messages...

To resolve this issue, mobile networks agreed to pay each other the revenue for carrying this message traffic.

So, if these so-called free sms services do not work, then its probably because they are trying to deliver the messages via a route which attempts to circumvent this revenue agreement.

I said that nothing is free, and if you really want a reliable SMS service then you really will have to pay for this - but the charge can be very low (much lower than sending the message from your mobile phone).

Although I'm in the sms business, i don't offer such delivery services. But you could, for example, try www.lycos.com (which offers 5 free messages each day if you complete their free registration).

I do have the necessary network agreements and server infrastructure and, if there is enough demand, I could set up a mini website where you can send sms messages for delivery to Thai (or other mobile) networks.  I would charge this at cost, which is about 2 baht per message.  (But I need to work out a payment mechanism!!). I do have secure on-line credit-card clearance facilities, but I was stung many times previously because of the use of stolen credit-cards for pre-purchasing these SMS 'credits'.

Anyone interested??

cheers

Simon

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Maybe I can add my own comments to this, since my business is solely concerned with text messaging!

The concept of 'free sms' seems great, but nothing is ever free!  Until recently, if an SMS message was sent from one mobile network to another, that 'receiving' mobile operator was required to deliver the SMS message to their subscriber phone without receiving any revenue for 'carrying' this SMS traffic.

The assumption was that the number of non-network messages received would balance out the number of network messages being sent to other networks, and so no revenue reconciliation was required.

However, some greedy mobile networks realised that they could make a fast buck by offering to deliver sms messages to other networks for only a very small charge to the sender (or zero charge if the website offering this free service could cover this small charge with online adverts etc etc).

Swisscom in Switzerland and MTN in South Africa were guilty of this practice and it resulted in huge numbers of sms messages being delivered onto other mobile networks who were then required to deliver them without charge.  Thus, the 'balance' of messages-in, messages-out became hugely unbalanced!

Result - many mobile networks blocked the delivery of such 'free' messages...

To resolve this issue, mobile networks agreed to pay each other the revenue for carrying this message traffic.

So, if these so-called free sms services do not work, then its probably because they are trying to deliver the messages via a route which attempts to circumvent this revenue agreement.

I said that nothing is free, and if you really want a reliable SMS service then you really will have to pay for this - but the charge can be very low (much lower than sending the message from your mobile phone).

Although I'm in the sms business, i don't offer such delivery services. But you could, for example, try www.lycos.com (which offers 5 free messages each day if you complete their free registration).

I do have the necessary network agreements and server infrastructure and, if there is enough demand, I could set up a mini website where you can send sms messages for delivery to Thai (or other mobile) networks.  I would charge this at cost, which is about 2 baht per message.  (But I need to work out a payment mechanism!!). I do have secure on-line credit-card clearance facilities, but I was stung many times previously because of the use of stolen credit-cards for pre-purchasing these SMS 'credits'.

Anyone interested??

cheers

Simon

I tried sending free SMS messages using www.lycos.com and it does not work. :o

UKGUY