Lots of bad things happening in Jomtien recently

davidst01

Just my observation but there is plenty of action happening in the press regarding the Jomtien area lately...

- norwegian tries to electrocute himself outside a restaurant

- farang shot in the face outside sea breeze hotel

- thai man dies in jet ski accident - drowns in the beach (just down from hotel sarita) 3 to 4 nights ago

- guy rides a bike into a pick up and dies 2 to 3 nights ago

Whats happening to good old Jomtien??? Or is this a normal week in Pats?

When I visited Jomtien for the first time 10 years ago it used to be a lot quieter. Whats happened?

It's just gotten to be a lot more fun than it was 10 years ago owing to an expanded population, tourists and residents. Enjoy all the action; or stop reading the news; or move to the Darkside.

• Like 1

It's just gotten to be a lot more fun than it was 10 years ago owing to an expanded population, tourists and residents. Enjoy all the action; or stop reading the news; or move to the Darkside.

LOL. Jomtien seemed quite normal to me as I forgot to read the news. All jokes aside, the Pattaya News Clippings forum is not for the faint of heart.

I think the problem here is that they seem to report every single death in the local media. People do die but do we need to hear about every single one?

"Just my observation but there is plenty of action happening in the press regarding the Jomtien area lately..."

Jomtien and elsewhere in Pattaya. The whole place has been going downhill fast as far as security goes over the last few years. Not sure why.

Enjoy all the action; or stop reading the news; or move to the Darkside.

Ah. Would be the darkside where there are shootings daily rather than just once or twice a week as in Jomtien?

Only at night and rarely involving farang. Big advantage is the scarcity of high balconies there. ;)

• Like 1

Even worse, whenever a new business opens in Jomtien it is now either

a real-estate office or a massage parlor .

Many restaurants and bars for sale or closing now. Rumpo complex is a disaster.

40B khow paht gai at the market gets you a few pieces of chicken in oily rice.

Wine at Robin Hood now up to 95 Baht a glass; 3 years ago it was 60!. Still a good bar though.

The girl by the whirlpool is looking for a new fool..don't foul leaders/ watch your parking meters (Dylan)

• Like 1

The entire Pattaya area has always had about ten to fifteen deaths a day due to road accidents and people getting drunk and doing stupid things.

Where do you get these figures?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Last night there were'nt enough people around to make a news story.

It was dead.

You never been to the Jomtien night market then , it was packed with both locals and Russians . It's like this every day , even in "low season"