No sign of corruption or rip off anywhere!

Alwayssunny

Khun Lip, the young muslim lad that runs the jet skis at surin for his dad is a good lad. He is a young father and his new daughter and little boy (Sunni) are cute as. He used to be a skinny kid, but since running the skis he has been working out and is now quite beefed up.

However, lets us not forget that ALL of the restaurant development along that beachfront is illegal and on National Park land. Let us also not forget that this illegal development has fenced off all access to the beach with the exception the trash covered grass of suan lomar. They have also cut most of the ton son down and cemented over their stumps. Those few trees that remain are strangled by rings of concrete.

Oh, and let us not forget that in the last few years some of that beach front land was taken from a long term local by beating his daughter, burning his car...and when those strategies didn't work, buring his house and shop to the ground.

Easy to enjoy your jet ski ride and beer when you are a two week millionaire who actually knows nothing about Surin beach or its putrid criminal under belly.

I am sure most places here have a bad past are we to avoid all places that do have a history, I'm not bothered by what has happened in the past it has nothing to do with me, I am only interested in the now, the majority of tourists are not interested in the past they are on holiday! if you are the sort of person that boycotts a place because of what has happened how do you manage to live here?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I call a spade a spade and acknowledge reality for what it is. I find that approach of more value than peddling cool aid on Thai Visa.

Edited by fatdrunkandstupid

Khun Lip, the young muslim lad that runs the jet skis at surin for his dad is a good lad. He is a young father and his new daughter and little boy (Sunni) are cute as. He used to be a skinny kid, but since running the skis he has been working out and is now quite beefed up.

However, lets us not forget that ALL of the restaurant development along that beachfront is illegal and on National Park land. Let us also not forget that this illegal development has fenced off all access to the beach with the exception the trash covered grass of suan lomar. They have also cut most of the ton son down and cemented over their stumps. Those few trees that remain are strangled by rings of concrete.

Oh, and let us not forget that in the last few years some of that beach front land was taken from a long term local by beating his daughter, burning his car...and when those strategies didn't work, buring his house and shop to the ground.

Easy to enjoy your jet ski ride and beer when you are a two week millionaire who actually knows nothing about Surin beach or its putrid criminal under belly.

I am sure most places here have a bad past are we to avoid all places that do have a history, I'm not bothered by what has happened in the past it has nothing to do with me, I am only interested in the now, the majority of tourists are not interested in the past they are on holiday! if you are the sort of person that boycotts a place because of what has happened how do you manage to live here?

I call a spade a spade and acknowledge reality for what it is. I find that approach of more value than peddling cool aid on Thai Visa.

No idea what your post means?

Easily, by simply not using these places & or their services....

Glad you had a good time & didnt get ripped off, but as other have mentioned most of the bars/clubs and vendors are illegal and therfore corrupt. I would say these scams have calmed down, BUT they do happen and when they do its not pleasant

One trip to the beach...and you post about your wonderful experience...?

Repost...after several trips...then your story will have more credibility...

Ah, so 1 complaint is not credible as well?

One trip to the beach...and you post about your wonderful experience...?

Repost...after several trips...then your story will have more credibility...

I have been to the beach hundreds of times, always been good!! is that credible?

Edited by Alwayssunny

Surin has always been my favourite in Phuket as it is an overall well balanced beach. Popular with the TGs as well for this reason, good and cheap food, clean for walking and swimming, good and cheap massage on the beach etc. never had a single complaint (other than the high cost to get there via rip off tuktuks)

Supporting the jetski guys.....nice one......

Ah damn, this is Thai Visa, I'm sure the OP forgot that it is not allowed to say anything positive here about jet skis or taxis here, even if you're happy with a provided service. Or maybe even say anything positive about Phuket in general.
Those guys are scum, if you don't agree with me get your head out of the sand. I don't understand why anyone would allow them selves/ their friends to be put at risk.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not all Thai people are as you say scum!! taking advantage of tourists happens the world over not just Thailand!!

This isn't a website about the world, it a website about Thailand, where there is a lot of scum sucking jet ski scammers, and other assorted <insert negative word here>.

This quote seems wrong at so many levels. The poster isn't even saying "The ends justify the means", he is just saying he could care a less. That such actions should have no consequence? This is the most bazaar form of optimism I believe I have ever encountered.

Perhaps if the violence had been done to him he would have some different perspective?

Edited by ClutchClark

Thread has turned into Thai bashing, I reported something good and that is as far as it should have gone, I have respect for anyone who tells people to there faces what they think, not one person would dare do this, instead people do it in the safety of there hpme and behind a computer, give it a rest now!!!

Sent from my GT-I8552 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

jetski-boys new focus is ripping off asian people since russians and australians can get a bit violent if someone says something different you ain't living here all year long..

taxi,jet ski and wastewater - nothing good comes out from there..

This quote seems wrong at so many levels. The poster isn't even saying "The ends justify the means", he is just saying he could care a less. That such actions should have no consequence? This is the most bazaar form of optimism I believe I have ever encountered.

Perhaps if the violence had been done to him he would have some different perspective?

Op is reporting about some positive experiences. Obviously not appreciated by some here, who'd prefer this forum to be negstive only.

Op is reporting about some positive experiences. Obviously not appreciated by some here, who'd prefer this forum to be negstive only.

Thai bashing seems to be the norm here, bigotry at its worst!!

Probebly the case of not enough people to cheat in Surin, plus, you don't crap where you eat,

You should definitely be a charter member of this organization:

whitewhine.gif

'every day of the week', more like every minute of the day around here

Stating facts is not racism.

So you are 100% sure that the facts are 100% true? or do you Thai bash because you do not like Thai people? if you cannot provide irrefutable evidence that the facts are 100% true then it is indeed Bigotory!!

Edited by Alwayssunny

"if you are the sort of person that boycotts a place because of what has happened" - I think you will find many of the traditional western tourist market is boycotting Phuket not because of what has "happened" but because of what is continuing to happen.