Kanchanaburi - Border runs to myanmar7malaysia?

Hi There,

Can anyone give me specific information on border runs from Kanchanaburi to myanmar or malaysia. Who with? which company, cost in total including visa fee for myanmar/malaysia and how long it takes going and coming back to Kanchanaburi.

Thank you all in advance.

Derek.

From Kanchanaburi to the border at Phu Nam Ron is a mere 60 km. Why would you want to go all the way down to Malaysia over 1000km away, unless you either wanted to really see Malaysia or had another reason for heading down there?

Given this short distance, you might as well just head to the border yourself either using your own transport (if available) or by catching a bus/songthaew from the Kanchanaburi bus station. By bus it will probably take about 1.5-2 hours to reach the border from downtown Kanchanaburi, using your own transport about 1 hour or 75 mins.

From Kanchanaburi to the border at Phu Nam Ron is a mere 60 km. Why would you want to go all the way down to Malaysia over 1000km away, unless you either wanted to really see Malaysia or had another reason for heading down there?

Given this short distance, you might as well just head to the border yourself either using your own transport (if available) or by catching a bus/songthaew from the Kanchanaburi bus station. By bus it will probably take about 1.5-2 hours to reach the border from downtown Kanchanaburi, using your own transport about 1 hour or 75 mins.

Thank you kindly Tom, I don´t live in Kanchanaburi..in fact never been there! I have a friend coming on holiday and unfortunately a border run slap bang in the middle of it. This border run you mention does the full stamps in and out of the country right?..Thus a VOA 30 day extention for G7 nation passport holders.

Thank you kindly Tom, I don´t live in Kanchanaburi..in fact never been there! I have a friend coming on holiday and unfortunately a border run slap bang in the middle of it. This border run you mention does the full stamps in and out of the country right?..Thus a VOA 30 day extention for G7 nation passport holders.

Yes, it does. Although I haven't used it before, other members on here have mentioned how you pay 900 Baht for a simple visa run, if you have a Myanmar visa in your passport you can use this border as a location for entry/exit without further charge and travel overland to most other parts of the country.

• Like 1

Yes, visa exempt entry 30 days for G7 nation passport holders. Not Visa On Arrival or extension.

• Like 1

Hi Derek,

Both of you come to Kan 2 days or more before due date.

Rent a driver and car/pick-up from were the Blue and White Bus 81 to Bangkok starts from, in the center of town opposite the Main Police Station. How much to rent a driver and car/pick-up in Kan, I have no idea as I drive my own car, so ask around.

Ask them to take you to the boarder.

It was still 900 baht from the boarder there via a van that will take your friend there and back. 30 mins later, whilst you stay on the Thai side if you do not have to make the crossing.

Please read post #20 by Bakseeda

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723436-nearest-border-crossing-to-pathum-thani/

and my post #21 how to get there by Car.

Hope this is helpful all.thumbsup.gif

Welcome to Kan Derek.wai.gif

Win facepalm.gif

Edited by Kan Win

angsta, on 07 May 2014 - 14:54, said:

No. But there at least 2 up to date threads on TV and one on another forum which can easily be found by this thing called Google.

or better still, ask a friendly member to help out. whistling.gif

Win facepalm.gif

angsta, on 07 May 2014 - 14:54, said:

No. But there at least 2 up to date threads on TV and one on another forum which can easily be found by this thing called Google.

or better still, ask a friendly member to help out. whistling.gif

Win facepalm.gif

There is a search function and a really good thread on this topic already. Just plain lazy.

angsta, on 13 May 2014 - 23:04, said:

a really good thread on this topic already. Just plain lazy.

So could you not share this thread then? or are you also Just ................

Win whistling.gif