NACC to make decision on rice-pledging case against Yingluck at 1pm Thursday

webfact

NACC to make decision on rice-pledging case against Yingluck at 1pm Thursday

BANGKOK: -- The National Anti-Corruption Commission will hold a meeting at 1 pm Thursday to decide whether to indict former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra in the rice-pledging case.

NACC member Preecha Lertkamolmas said the NACC focus on deciding whether Yingluck had abused her authority in violation of the Constitution causing damage to the country. The NACC would later make a decision on criminal charges against her, Preecha added.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-08

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She can be criminally charged? Thaksin's brown shirts Red Shirts aren't going to like this if Thaksin tells them to not like it. I wonder which country she will self-exile herself to to avoid jail time. Certainly she won't want to live anywhere near her brother who put her in the situation. Before she became PM, her life was nice: she was very wealthy and could shop with fiends, etc.. Now her life is in tatters all because of big brother.

I agree , blood is thicker than water so they say , Yingluck was very silly to do the dirty deeds of the brother, Shinawatra's had a good name, the brand is now damaged , like the banks , you either love em or hate them , even so, if I seen Yingluck in the street, I'd still say how ya goin mate , she still gets my respect as a person.

• Like 2

This will be interesting.

Will the "disappearing rice stocks" be part of the evidence? I doubt it.

Was anything ever done to investigate the corruption that the Dems raised in the censure debate a couple of years ago?

What was done following the NACC's warning to the government about the rice scheme corruption?

Does never attending a meeting as chairman provide enough evidence for negligence?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

She can be criminally charged? Thaksin's brown shirts Red Shirts aren't going to like this if Thaksin tells them to not like it. I wonder which country she will self-exile herself to to avoid jail time. Certainly she won't want to live anywhere near her brother who put her in the situation. Before she became PM, her life was nice: she was very wealthy and could shop with fiends, etc.. Now her life is in tatters all because of big brother.

I agree , blood is thicker than water so they say , Yingluck was very silly to do the dirty deeds of the brother, Shinawatra's had a good name, the brand is now damaged , like the banks , you either love em or hate them , even so, if I seen Yingluck in the street, I'd still say how ya goin mate , she still gets my respect as a person.

Thai culture, being what it is, did not give Yingluck any choice when her brother told her she was to be his nominee (clone). She really had no responsibilities as PM because Thaksin called ALL the shots and she was only informed of his decisions and appointments as a courtesy. None of the evil done by PTP was her idea or of her making. She is a victim, as much as the Thai people, of her brothers schemes. I bear her no malice but would avoid situations where I had to feign pleasure at meeting her. Brother responsible for the crime and sister paying the price of either jail or exile. She's got to be cursing Thaksin under her breath because her life will never be the same.

• Like 1

Looking forward to it, but can't really handle another party tonight after last night's bash.

I wanted to give up alcohol but during the court season it is impossible....always something to celebrate....

• Like 1

This is awful, we're up to 17 posts and nobody is here to defend the dear lady. I almost want to cry for the poor thing.

No doubt some of the hardcore PTP team will appear soon saying another judicial coup and civil war is just around the corner.

Edited by ratcatcher
  • Like 2

Ha! "could shop with fiends."

Freudian slap ...... cheesy.gif

oops! Spell checker failed me. It is funny, though.

• Like 1

One way ticket comes to mind - I wonder if Charlerm can get through airport immigration with a bushy beard and a very long nose and sunglasses......burp burp

He could turn up sober and really confuse everyone.

One way ticket comes to mind - I wonder if Charlerm can get through airport immigration with a bushy beard and a very long nose and sunglasses......burp burp

He could turn up sober and really confuse everyone.

Now you know that's as likely as Poo being reinstated after her appeal to his Majesty asking for 3 pardons.

• Like 1

This is awful, we're up to 17 posts and nobody is here to defend the dear lady. I almost want to cry for the poor thing.

No doubt some of the hardcore PTP team will appear soon saying another judicial coup and civil war is just around the corner.

I live in the heart of red shirt and ptp country. They were parting big time last night. Second round tonight. She stole money from these people.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif They party and gamble and get drunk when old gran dies---Thai style, But they receive money from the mourners. I do not say it is wrong to give gran a good luck send off , but it has got out of hand now.whistling.gif

• Like 1

If convicted, Yingluck faces jail time.

However, considering the situation, I don't think they'll pursue her at this time.

It could be a bargaining chip to get PTP to the reform table, much like Thaksin accusing Abhisit and Suthep for murder to get them to role over on the amnesty bill.

I believe that the Rice Pledging scheme case is a matter of justice and the law and therefore should continue to progress no only in relation to Ms Yingluck but all so ANYONE else that is associated with the scheme who failed in their duties and or conducted illegal activities. To use the case as a political bargaining chip would be to say it was a political prosecution on a legal prosecution.

Many rice farmers understand that they have not been paid, or at least paid on time with devastating consequences. More are starting to find out the other negative impacts of the scheme. Justice would dictate that they find out WHY they were not paid. The public are also victims of the scheme and are entailed to have the matters continue for the same reasons.

What is convenient for politicians and/ or their backers should not be a consideration.

I agree with you, especially in this case.