• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Oh dear.

This is going to be awfully inconvenient for Republicans who are putting most of their anti-Hillary eggs in the Benghazi basket: the House Intelligence Committee—the RepublicanIntelligence Committee—has completed its investigation and according to Rep. Mike Thompson of St. Helena, the second-ranking Democrat on the committee, has concluded there was no wrongdoing by the administration. The committee voted to declassify the report last Thursday, pending approval by intelligence agencies.

Among the Intelligence Committee's findings, according to Thompson:

-- Intelligence agencies were "warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened."

-- "A mixed group of individuals, including those associated with al Qaeda, (Moammar) Khadafy loyalists and other Libyan militias, participated in the attack."

-- "There was no 'stand-down order' given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, no illegal activity or illegal arms transfers occurring by U.S. personnel in Benghazi, and no American was left behind."

-- The administration's process for developing "talking points" was "flawed, but the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis."

However, the $3.3 million special committee created by House leadership is still proceedingwith its first public hearing scheduled next month. The hearing, Rep. Trey Gowdy has said, will focus on "changes the State Department has made to better protect diplomats." Gowdy has also said that "the committee’s investigation would be an objective search for facts, not a partisan attempt to smear Democrats ahead of the 2014 mid-term elections and the 2016 presidential race." With the conclusions reached by his colleagues' investigation, there won't be much to find. With all this news, Darrell Issa must be gnashing his teeth and rending his garments.

I would think one of the changes the State Department could make is to spend the $3.3 million dollars on security rather than wasting it on another pointless Boehner kangaroo court.
Edited by Chicog

Oh dear.

This is going to be awfully inconvenient for Republicans who are putting most of their anti-Hillary eggs in the Benghazi basket: the House Intelligence Committee—the RepublicanIntelligence Committee—has completed its investigation and according to Rep. Mike Thompson of St. Helena, the second-ranking Democrat on the committee, has concluded there was no wrongdoing by the administration. The committee voted to declassify the report last Thursday, pending approval by intelligence agencies.

-- "A mixed group of individuals, including those associated with al Qaeda, (Moammar) Khadafy loyalists and other Libyan militias, participated in the attack."

-- "There was no 'stand-down order' given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, no illegal activity or illegal arms transfers occurring by U.S. personnel in Benghazi, and no American was left behind."

-- The administration's process for developing "talking points" was "flawed, but the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis."

However, the $3.3 million special committee created by House leadership is still proceedingwith its first public hearing scheduled next month. The hearing, Rep. Trey Gowdy has said, will focus on "changes the State Department has made to better protect diplomats." Gowdy has also said that "the committee’s investigation would be an objective search for facts, not a partisan attempt to smear Democrats ahead of the 2014 mid-term elections and the 2016 presidential race." With the conclusions reached by his colleagues' investigation, there won't be much to find. With all this news, Darrell Issa must be gnashing his teeth and rending his garments.

I would think one of the changes the State Department could make is to spend the $3.3 million dollars on security rather than wasting it on another pointless Boehner kangaroo court.

An opinion piece.

"Daily Kos /ˈkoʊs/ is an American political blog that publishes news and opinions from a liberal point of view.[2][3][4][5] It functions as a discussion forum and group blog for a variety of netroots activists whose efforts are primarily directed toward influencing and strengthening the Democratic Party with a particular focus on progressive policies and candidates."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Kos

Oh dear, indeed.

I seem to have mis-spoke on your complaint about the $3.3 million to be possibly spent by the Benghazi committee.

To address that issue, this issue of $3.3 million is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things..

The hourly cost to run the federal government for fiscal year 2014 is $7,172,754.

At this rate, the committee expenditure of $3.3 million will utilize less than 28 minutes of the annual budget.

There are many expenditures of the federal government that deserve more scrutiny this this one.

Edited by chuckd

Yes, what a shame for the GOP after investing so much in Benghazi only to find...nothing. Over and over and over again. Okay, back to impeachment.

Only Democrats are currently talking impeachment. Fund raising and all that.

Oh dear.

Among the Intelligence Committee's findings, according to Thompson:

-- Intelligence agencies were "warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened."

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/04/1318989/-House-Intelligence-Committee-No-administration-wrongdoing-in-nbsp-Benghazi?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailykos%2Findex+%28Daily+Kos%29

An opinion piece.

"Daily Kos /ˈkoʊs/ is an American political blog that publishes news and opinions from a liberal point of view.[2][3][4][5] It functions as a discussion forum and group blog for a variety of netroots activists whose efforts are primarily directed toward influencing and strengthening the Democratic Party with a particular focus on progressive policies and candidates."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Kos

Are you still complaining about the alleged shortfall in funds for embassy security as championed by some Democrats?

If so, the truth of the matter is the Obama administration had submitted a request in the amount of $2.641 Billion for the 2012 fiscal year. After Congressional action, Congress approved $2.37 Billion.

Nothing was cut from the budget. It was cut from the requested budget which included the normal annual requested increase.

Actually the State Department received $94 Million more for security protection worldwide in 2012 than they received in 2011.

From the link below:

"It is tempting to look for a scapegoat for the tragic events in Libya. However, if one exists, the overall budget for embassy security is not it. Funding for that purpose has risen sharply over the past decade. Moreover, the State Department has considerable latitude in allocating security funds based on current events and intelligence on possible threats. Why that latitude was not applied in Libya deserves further scrutiny."

http://dailysignal.com/2012/10/11/libya-security-lapse-the-budget-for-embassy-security-is-not-responsible/

No Chuck. I was saying that the $3.3m for the pointless kangaroo court is a waste of money.

No Chuck. I was saying that the $3.3m for the pointless kangaroo court is a waste of money.

My apologies. I realized what you were referring to after I made my post and was in the process of editing it when you made this one.

My edit says this...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh dear, indeed.

I seem to have mis-spoke on your complaint about the $3.3 million to be possibly spent by the Benghazi committee.

To address that issue, this issue of $3.3 million is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things..

The hourly cost to run the federal government for fiscal year 2014 is $7,172,754.

At this rate, the committee expenditure of $3.3 million will utilize less than 28 minutes of the annual budget.

There are many expenditures of the federal government that deserve more scrutiny this this one.

Yes, what a shame for the GOP after investing so much in Benghazi only to find...nothing. Over and over and over again. Okay, back to impeachment.

Only Democrats are currently talking impeachment. Fund raising and all that.

Not strictly true, is it Chuck?

As this nice first piece states, it's a genie that Boehner is desperately trying to get back into the bottle.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/07/29/who-really-started-the-impeachment-scam-a-timeline/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ej-dionne-crying-wolf-on-impeachment/2014/07/30/bc4c119a-1820-11e4-85b6-c1451e622637_story.html

Seems they are so afraid of the Tea Party, who would love to see impeachment proceedings, that they refuse to rule it out.

And who can blame the Dems for raising money off this uncertainty? It's easily fixed by one simple statement from Boehner.

Chris Wallace kept asking the question, and the No. 3 Republican in the House kept evading it.

It was a classic example of a politician who doesn’t want to answer a question and keeps dancing around it.

There weren’t 50 shades of gray in this “Fox News Sunday” question: “Will you consider impeaching the president?”

Rep. Steve Scalise tried to turn the tables: “You know, this might be the first White House in history that's trying to start the narrative of impeaching their own president. Ultimately, what we want to do is see the president follow his own laws.”

Wallace tried again: “But impeachment is off the table?”

Scalise deflected again: “Well, the White House wants to talk about impeachment, and, ironically, they're going out and trying to fundraise off that, too.”

And again: “I'm asking you, sir.”

Scalise stuck to his talking point: “Look, the White House will do anything they can to change the topic away from the president's failed agenda…”

In other words, a senior member of the House leadership repeatedly refused to rule out launching impeachment proceedings against President Obama—but didn’t want a headline saying he was considering it or dismissing it.

I thought I left you Einstein's behind in the States but let's see, we have callous support of every IDF atrocity, no matter how sadistic. The general anti-Obama animus to include rejection of the ACA, and "Beghazi" obsession and impeachment

I suppose next I can expect Global Climate Change denial and a panic over "fluoridation"

Edited by arunsakda

I thought I left you Einstein's behind in the States but let's see, we have callous support of every IDF atrocity, no matter how sadistic. The general anti-Obama animus to include rejection of the ACA, and "Beghazi" obsession and impeachment

I suppose next I can expect Global Climate Change denial and a panic over "fluoridation"

How could you forget the IRS scandal, Fast and Furious scandal, VA Scandal, AP Scandal, NSA scandal, EPA scandal, Solyndra scandal...ad infinitum?

Global climate change is a reality. Right now, the climate is changing and it is called..."summer".

Global Warming is the hoax.

Edited by chuckd
  • Like 1

If TV had no Right Wing idealouges, Texas Christian conservatives, Tea partiers, and GOP stalwarts the debate would be pretty boring!

I would prefer the tiniest bit of intelligence and truth over the wingnuttery.

No global warming...ye gods that's sad. BENGHAZI!!!

Here's a good idea for US right wingers. Forget about Benghazi and the umpteenth vote to repeal the ACA. Impeach Obama for the actual crimes he is guilty of. Start with the first and the last. The first is failure to prosecute the torturers of the Bush administration. The most recent being transfer of arms to a state engaged in human rights abuses. Both acts are violations of International law and US statute.

• 4 weeks later...

If this is true are there any limits to what this administration is capable of doing?bah.gif

Greta Van Susteren: White House Pressured Me to Get Fox News to Back Down on Benghazi

“I thought the call from the Obama administration was dirty,” Van Susteren said.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/09/06/greta-van-susteren-white-house-pressured-get-fox-news-back-benghazi/

• Like 1

If this is true are there any limits to what this administration is capable of doing?bah.gif

Greta Van Susteren: White House Pressured Me to Get Fox News to Back Down on Benghazi

“I thought the call from the Obama administration was dirty,” Van Susteren said.

http://dailysignal.com/2014/09/06/greta-van-susteren-white-house-pressured-get-fox-news-back-benghazi/

Every once in a while I go back to this thread when I need a good laugh. Greta got pressured to back down. Bwahahahahahaha, oh that's good.

• Like 1

Every once in a while I go back to this thread when I need a good laugh.

Me too. It is hard to believe that some people still believe that Benghazi was about a YouTube video. There really is a sucker born every minute. giggle.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

The Faux News chorus chimes in with Benghazi bullshit. The Republicans have nothing here with Benghazi, absolutely nothing. And when you got nothing, you got nothing to lose, so you just make stuff up (the Faux News formula).

The Republicans will never convene a real hearing in which military officers and service men are brought in to testify, because their testimony under oath would move to exonerate the President. No official proceeding will ever occur in which CIA operatives and State Department officials give testimony, because there is NO EVIDENCE to support the Benghazi bullshit Republican talking points, because...they made them up!

But by all means continue with the charade of ANOTHER fishing expedition into Benghazi. The American people can't get enough of this crap. cheesy.gif

Republicans will talk real tough about how mad they are and let Faux News run with lies, smears, innuendos, falsehoods in an effort to somehow, impeach President Obama (he's black you know), in the fevered minds of the alternate Conservative reality.

Font edited

What on earth does "Obama being black" have to do with anything? Liberals are consistently bringing this up about Obama being black, and that is why so many conservatives don't like him. It's Obama's policies, and consistent lying that trouble most people. The dude could be green for all I care. God Bless Fox News for exposing Obama's idiotic leftist ideology, and the jerks who continue to support him. Three Blackwater contractors that were in Benghazi, have already come forward. I'm sure there will be more.

• Like 2

Oh lord...

"One interesting thing about the voters who think Benghazi is the biggest political scandal in American history is that 39% of them don't actually know where it is. 10% think it's in Egypt, 9% in Iran, 6% in Cuba, 5% in Syria, 4% in Iraq, and 1% each in North Korea and Liberia with 4% not willing to venture a guess."

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where it is is irrelevant

WHAT happened there and could anything have been done to prevent it is the issue.

Edited by for real

We all know Clinton got those [him] responsible for this atrocity.

Can you not remember seeing her with her arm around one of the widows and consoling her with the strong words.?

.'.Don't worry,We'll get the guy that made that video'......

And true to her word she did...

I have heard little about it since but I guess the criminal is serving on a chain gang right this minute.

• Like 1

This just out in the last day or two. According to a former State Department official, there was a massive cover up to keep the skirts of Clinton and the higher-ups in State clean...along with the White House.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-State Dept. Employee Comes Forward With New Benghazi Cover-Up Allegations
1:13 PM 09/15/2014
Alex Olson
A former State Department employee has come out for the first time with the shocking allegation that people close to Hillary Clinton withheld damning documents involving security lapses pertaining to the attacks on the U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya on Sept. 11, 2012.
Deputy Assistant Secretary Raymond Maxwell, at the time a high-ranking employee in the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, said that his department was tasked with collecting Benghazi-related documents and emails shortly after the incident, in which four Americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, the Daily Signal reports.
<snip>
The Daily Signal reports that Maxwell heard about the meeting after it had occurred, and decided to investigate on a Sunday afternoon. He found stacks and boxes of documents, and an office manager who had gone to the meeting without informing him, even though he was technically her superior. Maxwell described her as being close to top Clinton advisers.
“She told me, ‘Ray, we are to go through these stacks and pull out anything that might put anybody in the [Near Eastern Affairs] front office or the seventh floor [Where the offices of the Secretary and her immediate staff are located] in a bad light. ”
  • Like 2