Return / arrive by air ... Visa Exemption Rules

I understand all sorts of problems now with visa exemption runs overland re 'back to back' 30 day entries (especially Myanmar) but can anyone please confirm if the same applies to other neighboring countries or borders.

Or is it better and possible do do by air (ie: Phuket, KL, Phuket). Is air any different to overland re the new 'rules'?.

Am a UK citizen, here nearly 2 years, happily married to a Thai girl 6 months earlier and first lived in Europe (no problems for her visa to Europe), I'm over 50 years old.

Originally arrived with a 12 month non-o visa with 4 x 90 days in and out which gave me 15 months) since being doing 30 runs waiting for 800k funds from my home country (I do not work here) in order to apply for a retirement visa, I may have another 4/5 months before funds arrive. Your sincere advice will be very much appreciated, best wishes to all.

KL or penang from phuket go to the consulate, or with an agency I know one down in phuket but i do not know the forum moderators rules yet as to post details on that, you can get 60 days visa processed the same day.

By air is better as they will not count the number of entries.

But you have the option to apply for a new multiple non-O visa in Savanakhet, Laos. That will be a lot cheaper.

See; http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697299-worry-free-non-o-visa-savannakhet/page-2?p=7671588#entry7671588

On your current entry you cna get a 60 day extension based on your marriage.

I only applies to border crossings not arriving by air. Some people that switched to doing them by air were questioned but not denied entry,

You could do your extension based upon marriage instead of retirement. You would only need 400k baht in the bank or 40k baht income.

You also can get 60 day extensions to visit your wife for any type of entry.

KL or penang from phuket go to the consulate, or with an agency I know one down in phuket but i do not know the forum moderators rules yet as to post details on that, you can get 60 days visa processed the same day.

The owner of DDC house in Patong on Nanai Soi 8, her husband is from the UK and they have a tour agency linked to Penang that may have a good option for you