More M79 grenades hit Bangkok's Chaeng Wattana protest site

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another grenade landed near the bunker of the anti aircraft unit soldiers erected to ensure safety for protesters.

An anti-aircraft unit? Really?

It's outside the anti aircraft units base on Chaeng Whattana, pretty sure that they aren't using anti-aircraft guns to shoot down M79 grenades (TiT so I could be wrong smile.png )

Really, they have an anti aircraft spotlight that they use to search the local area for red bombers. It can light up something a kilometer or more away. Usually they search the open fields to the north of Chaengwattana and sometimes the top of the DSI building.

Last night they they seemed to think it was me! They were scanning the top of our building and my place on top for almost 1/2 hour as they searched cars on the road. We had to turn our lights off. The search light penetrates our place well enough for us to see. I thought about poking a mannequin head above the balcony wall with a vacuum cleaner tube to see if they would shoot it, but then realized they would also hit my windows.

Just a note to moderators and posters. I sometimes post what we see and observe at the Chaengwhattana site as we have a spectacular view. When posting details about bombs, gunfire, battles, and military activity, I'm very careful to make the details as accurate as possible, the same as I would tell authorities if asked to do so. I take the responsibility of reporting public information seriously.

Disclaimer, well no, I was not really going to stick a mannequin head up to be shot at, ... my wife would not let me.

So even though the police and army know which area will be attacked and with what kind of weapon, they fail not only to prevent it, but also fail to catch the culprits after the attacks. It seems short of turning yourself in, it is 100% safe to be a criminal in Thailand biggrin.png

Peacefully bombing their opponents into terror and submission, with the goal of bringing back a fraudulent dictator, in the name of democracy. I love the red shirts!

You know that it was The Red Shirts?

Using the scientific theory method, we will accept "red shirts" as an acceptable answer until a more plausible theory is provided, or until evidence is found to prove the theory wrong.

If you have an alternate theory, please supply it, if only for our amusement.

BTW Thaksin's hired mercenaries is only another way of describing red shirts.

Please explain your "scientific theory method". I would be highly interested to know how you performed your calculations.

Yet again we have the very clear and cowardly targeting of protesters when they were sleeping, as well as the army - in lieu of the police's presence - that has been assigned to protect them. For those who outrageously call this " an attempt at sympathy " with " fake bombs " hurled at an " empty bunker " - what kind of mind would construe this as sympathy - sympathy for whom ? For those that hurl bombs at innocent people when their sleeping ? What mind could construe that a fake bomb can't produce injury when it is clear that they can ( Likely because the bombs are real to begin with ) ? And how in the world does this person know the bunker was empty ? None of that is covered in this report.

What this news story reveals is that there are sick minds who are throwing real bombs at innocent people, with the intent to kill, harm, and terrorize. To conclude otherwise is simply appalling.

Maybe some M-79 background is needed. The weapon fires a 40mm high explosive fragmentary projectile. It has a 5 meter kill radius. It has a 350 meter effective range. In the hands of an experienced operator, maybe more. It does not make a gunshot sound when fired. Therefore, its report is not readily recognizable by most. Thus, making location identification difficult. It is a very lethal small arms weapon.

With that in mind, why haven't people been killed by these attacks? I suspect it is not, intent to kill, that is driving the perps use. But, more of a messenger.

Let us all hope the message is repected before these projectiles are re-zeroed to kill.

In a situation of two opposing factions. Where one faction, in clear sight and fully open on stage, cheers its opponents to: 'hold nothing back, show them what we re made of, force them back to their caves', yes, you can almost clearly say or deduct that they are the culprits. You don t have to catch the red militia, 'red handed' to show it was them when it is clear they are the ones using most violence and are the opposing group.

Mind you, that is not part of a police investigation -if any- just simple deduction. Proof is another story, but with this bias police force mainly appointed by the Shins, hard to come by.

In a situation of two opposing factions. Where one faction, in clear sight and fully open on stage, cheers its opponents to: 'hold nothing back, show them what we re made of, force them back to their caves', yes, you can almost clearly say or deduct that they are the culprits. You don t have to catch the red militia, 'red handed' to show it was them when it is clear they are the ones using most violence and are the opposing group.

Mind you, that is not part of a police investigation -if any- just simple deduction. Proof is another story, but with this bias police force mainly appointed by the Shins, hard to come by.

But that's the thing, Red Shirts have been caught red handed after bombing the NACC with M-79 rounds and in possesion of grenades with the same lot numbers as those used against anti-government protestors.

Besides the feeblest attempts to call that incident a plant by the army (nice trick planting armed Red Shirts to frame the group), this is rigorously ignored by UDD supporters.

Peacefully bombing their opponents into terror and submission, with the goal of bringing back a fraudulent dictator, in the name of democracy. I love the red shirts!

You know that it was The Red Shirts?

Using the scientific theory method, we will accept "red shirts" as an acceptable answer until a more plausible theory is provided, or until evidence is found to prove the theory wrong.

If you have an alternate theory, please supply it, if only for our amusement.

BTW Thaksin's hired mercenaries is only another way of describing red shirts.

Your logic seems more like Guilty until proven innocent.

A bit like finding a PM guilty of not stopping corruption when no corruption has ever ben proven.

Do you believe that The Red Shirts sunk the Titanic until somebody proves they did not plant the iceberg?

I don't like to correct your spelling but in this case I have to

it is not spelled Titanic but Thaitanic cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Yet again we have the very clear and cowardly targeting of protesters when they were sleeping, as well as the army - in lieu of the police's presence - that has been assigned to protect them. For those who outrageously call this " an attempt at sympathy " with " fake bombs " hurled at an " empty bunker " - what kind of mind would construe this as sympathy - sympathy for whom ? For those that hurl bombs at innocent people when their sleeping ? What mind could construe that a fake bomb can't produce injury when it is clear that they can ( Likely because the bombs are real to begin with ) ? And how in the world does this person know the bunker was empty ? None of that is covered in this report.

What this news story reveals is that there are sick minds who are throwing real bombs at innocent people, with the intent to kill, harm, and terrorize. To conclude otherwise is simply appalling.

Maybe some M-79 background is needed. The weapon fires a 40mm high explosive fragmentary projectile. It has a 5 meter kill radius. It has a 350 meter effective range. In the hands of an experienced operator, maybe more. It does not make a gunshot sound when fired. Therefore, its report is not readily recognizable by most. Thus, making location identification difficult. It is a very lethal small arms weapon.

With that in mind, why haven't people been killed by these attacks? I suspect it is not, intent to kill, that is driving the perps use. But, more of a messenger.

Let us all hope the message is repected before these projectiles are re-zeroed to kill.

But when launched, does it make a small pfhoop! sound that can be heard in a quiet environment?

How long does it take to cover a 300 meter distance?

As for message, it is probably fairer to stop the kill-ers than the kill-ees, don't you think?