pcx vibration problem

hi,i have a PCX 2013 model with 1500 km on the clock and getting a vibration when taking off at low revs when the bike is cold,when its hot it seems to disapear.I read one forum and they mentioned that the rear shock absorbers dont have rubber bushes. any ideas,thanks. charm867

Dust in the clutch. Take it for a decent rural ride and wind it up to about 80-90 kph.

With "dust" do you mean abrasion from the belt? Or dust coming from the outside?

On my Nouvo there is an airfilter sponge filtering incoming air. Seems this filter often gets neglected on services, never seen a mechanic cleaning it.

will try what vocal neal said take it for a spin and wind it up tp 80ks.I took it for a 1000km service and mentioned the vibration and they took off the left hand cover and blew some dust out,not sure if it was the clutch.let you know.thanks.

Mine does the same when cold.

Use more throttle when starting out when cold. After the belt has turned a few times, and the glaze is off the side of the belt, it grips the pulley halves better and does not vibrate.

Had a very simlar problem recently with my Honda Forza (16K on the clock)

Juddering when cold, under load or on an upward incline start.

Took it in to renew the rear tyre last week and asked them to look into the juddering issue?

They removed the clutch plate (Fig 5) from the housing, showed me the wear on the pads (still within tolerances) and explained the dust accumulation would be the culprit.

They cleaned out the housing (Fig 1) and now its as responsive as new. Juddering gone.

I would guess the remedy for a PCX would be the same?

post-26180-0-38706400-1400229249_thumb.j

Edited by jkinbkk
  • Like 2

have gunned the engine more lately and the vibration has not gone,but is a lot better.Will take it to my local Honda dealer and get them to clean the dust out of the housing.My thanks to all of you for your information.