Phuket to Pataya

y2k

I'm heading to Phuket specifically Patong and after a few days want to finish off with a couple of days in Pataya. What's the method of transport to Pataya from Patong as I can't find and direct flights?

Yup fly to bkk is the best bet. Rhen taxi to pattaya.

Utapoa if your staying in central pattaya isnt actually that much quicker to get to in a taxi and the flight cost is considerably more

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by N47HAN

Thanks didn't know about Utapao. Hkt to Utp is Aud230 but Hkt to Dmk is only Aud90 with a taxi fare to add. Flight duration is the same.

I was surprised to read Bangkok Air were charging $230AUD for this trip, so I checked it myself, because I fly this route occasionally.

I picked a random date next week, Wednesday, and it's only around 2700 baht which is about $90AUD.

To fly tomorrow is only 3200 baht which is about $110AUD.

Where did you get the $230AUD price from????

Edited by NamKangMan

Thanks didn't know about Utapao. Hkt to Utp is Aud230 but Hkt to Dmk is only Aud90 with a taxi fare to add. Flight duration is the same.

You don't want to fly to DMK but to BKK.

Think it's because I'm looking at return prices.

Just go to www.bangkokair.com and book the flight yourself.

BTW - is a prop plane, but don't let that worry you. It's a nice flight.

Make sure to book the direct flight. Not the one that stops on Samui.

Edited by NamKangMan

Changing dates to 13-16 June to BKK is nearly double to DMK at 190 to 100.

If u decide to fly to bkk. Make sure you go to swampy and not donmuang , big difference in travel times to patters

Changing dates to 13-16 June to BKK is nearly double to DMK at 190 to 100.

To fly to Suvarnabhumi Airport - Bangkok (BKK) I think you will have to fly with Thai Airways and they are more expensive.

AirAsia and NokAir will go to Don Muang - Bangkok for cheaper.

The taxi from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Central Pattaya is about 1500 baht and from Don Muang is about 1600 baht but is about 45 minutes longer in normal traffic.

Edited by NamKangMan

If u decide to fly to bkk. Make sure you go to swampy and not donmuang , big difference in travel times to patters

Only about 45 minutes extra taxi time, but not much more in taxi price, but a lot cheaper flight price to Don Muang.

As always depends on timing , bangkok air and thai are the only ones that fly to swampy the rest donmuang.

All down to convenience i guess

Nkm. Mmmm

No theres no stopover in samui , they fly from samui to utapoa too.

But its not a connecting flight , timing might come into play if 7 want to go to utapoa but thats it.

And christ thats gonna be one expensive internal flight

Thai Airways seem very expensive at 6,000thb hkt-bkk-hkt compared to 4,300thb for Bangkok Air. Yes will have to decide on cost vs convenience. Can't stand long car journeys especially when I'm a passenger.

Nkm. Mmmm

But its not a connecting flight , timing might come into play if 7 want to go to utapoa but thats it.

Bangkok Airways have two flights a day from Phuket to U-Tapao.

One is a direct flight - takes about 1:35mins

The other stops on Samui (USM) and takes about 2:55mins.

Check their website.

I think it's the same plane, and you don't even get off, but it's a longer and more expensive flight, for no reason.

Best the OP gets the direct flight.

Nkm. Mmmm

Bangkok Airways have two flights a day from Phuket to U-Tapao.

One is a direct flight - takes about 1:35mins

The other stops on Samui (USM) and takes about 2:55mins.

Check their website.

I think it's the same plane, and you don't even get off, but it's a longer and more expensive flight, for no reason.

Best the OP gets the direct flight.

Bangkok air have 4 ? Flights a day to samui from phuket . Guess one you can join the samui / pattay root then.

Once or twice ? daily from samui.

Guess the op can just l99k the flight schedules though.

Google is certainly your friend on this occasion

Did the hkt utp flight last week. No probs. one thing to be aware of is the taxi scene. The counter rate is 800 baht to Pattaya about half hour to jomtien. Hotel pickup probably less.

Booked a taxi to swampy. New car and sane driver. Took around 80 minutes in light traffic. 1300 baht from jomtien inclusive of tolls.

Thai Airways seem very expensive at 6,000thb hkt-bkk-hkt compared to 4,300thb for Bangkok Air. Yes will have to decide on cost vs convenience. Can't stand long car journeys especially when I'm a passenger.

Imho Bangkok Air has far better service (and quality) compared to Thai Airways. Not so much difference when in the air, but the main reason I pretty much always fly with Bangkok Air is the lounge access (for all) while waiting for plane to board.

An alternative would be to fly Australia to Bangkok, do Pataya by road then back to bkk fly to hkt then back and exit bkk.

Why back to BKK to exit. You can fly with Jetstar back to Australia, from Phuket, to many of the big cities.

Edited by NamKangMan

It's usually cheaper to get a return than to get single tickets. I'll double check but that's my experience.

That is changing fast, and with quite a few airlines these days a return ticket is simply 2 one way tickets.