looking for power adapter

Dirk_brijs

I am looking for a power adapter with the following data sheet and connector (from an aquarium LED module)

Have had a look in a few stalls in tuk com already but non seem to have it although must say most of them didnt really look interested.

Can anyone direct me to a place where they have lots of adapters available maybe?

Thanks

DSCF5060_zps2b539b4f.jpg

DSCF5061_zps10959ce5.jpg

You can get them via Alibaba.com, minimum order is 300.

However if you speak to the sales person via phone or the live chat applet that you install and ask them for a price on 500 units.....and also if it is possible for your agent to pay for the goods upon inspecting and picking up the shipment direct from the factory.

If the answer is yes say, can you send me a sample of the product for inspection

Well if your a salesman/woman you wouldn't want to miss out on a possible sale.....you can figure the rest.

Lot of scammers on Alibaba but there are many genuine traders too, you can tell genuine in most cases by asking questions like the one above.

If it turns out to be a scam all you have lost is $16, they may even send it free of charge, worth a punt.

http://suppower.en.alibaba.com/product/523076011-50068914/36V_2_5A_90W_Desktop_Power_Adapter.html

Edited by rhythmworx

On Thepprasit road about 50 metres below the two petrol stations (right hand side if travelling towards Jomtien) is a small shop with green and white coloured sunshade over the front,

I have found that this place has a massive selection of electrical components. Can't promise they have what you need, but definitely worth a try.

Hardly any English spoken - take the old component with you.

Edited by chickenslegs

However if you speak to the sales person via phone or the live chat applet that you install and ask them for a price on 500 units.....and also if it is possible for your agent to pay for the goods upon inspecting and picking up the shipment direct from the factory.

If the answer is yes say, can you send me a sample of the product for inspection

Well if your a salesman/woman you wouldn't want to miss out on a possible sale.....you can figure the rest.

Lot of scammers on Alibaba but there are many genuine traders too, you can tell genuine in most cases by asking questions like the one above.

If it turns out to be a scam all you have lost is $16, they may even send it free of charge, worth a punt.

http://suppower.en.alibaba.com/product/523076011-50068914/36V_2_5A_90W_Desktop_Power_Adapter.html

Not really looking into become a whole seller in this as I just look for one piece to replace this broken one.

Thanks though

On Thepprasit road about 50 metres below the two petrol stations (right hand side if travelling towards Jomtien) is a small shop with green and white coloured sunshade over the front,

I have found that this place has a massive selection of electrical components. Can't promise they have what you need, but definitely worth a try.

Thank you and will have and go look there tomorrow morning for sure

anyone else know of any other locations as I would love to have a few addresses to increase my chances.

38volts is a very unusual output. Go to Pantip Plaza, taxis know it by this name, and hike around looking for a shop with a big box of assorted wall warts, adapters, power supplies, little black box, whatever you want to call it. There may be a dozen such shops as well as others which may sell the item you need the power supply for... which should also be visited.

Take your item or what it powers or a photo of it and get the seller to dig through his assorted box. Get him to measure the voltage output prior to buying. Should be 500 -1000THB.

If you can not get that exact plug, you may have to cut off your good plug and solder/splice it onto the power supply you did get. Some shop in Pantip Plaza will do it for you.

Alternative search site is the Ban Moh district of BKK. 4 sq block of little and big shops. If one of these two places do not have what you want, you will have to order from original mfg.

anyone else know of any other locations as I would love to have a few addresses to increase my chances.

Hobby fish stores are the first place to go. Chatchacuk Weekend Market has dozens of acquirum shops.

38volts is a very unusual output. Go to Pantip Plaza, taxis know it by this name, and hike around looking for a shop with a big box of assorted wall warts, adapters, power supplies, little black box, whatever you want to call it. There may be a dozen such shops as well as others which may sell the item you need the power supply for... which should also be visited.

Take your item or what it powers or a photo of it and get the seller to dig through his assorted box. Get him to measure the voltage output prior to buying. Should be 500 -1000THB.

If you can not get that exact plug, you may have to cut off your good plug and solder/splice it onto the power supply you did get. Some shop in Pantip Plaza will do it for you.

Alternative search site is the Ban Moh district of BKK. 4 sq block of little and big shops. If one of these two places do not have what you want, you will have to order from original mfg.

I re read is message and do not see he specified a LOCATION to search. L. Man, are you always this helpful and grumpy?

I don't suppose Charles HH that you noticed that the OP is in Pattaya, a pretty expensive taxi ride to Panthip or Chatchacuk Weekend Market in Bangkok !

Since it is so hot out, I would explore the air conditioned shops in TukCom on Pattaya Tai

I re read is message and do not see he specified a LOCATION to search. L. Man, are you always this helpful and grumpy?

I don't suppose Charles HH that you noticed that the OP is in Pattaya, a pretty expensive taxi ride to Panthip or Chatchacuk Weekend Market in Bangkok !

Since it is so hot out, I would explore the air conditioned shops in TukCom on Pattaya Tai

The poster is clearly in Pattaya and you are suggesting a place in bkk. So in ypur world if someone pulls you up on your stupidity that means they are unhelpful and grumpy? Right'o.

Not really looking into become a whole seller in this as I just look for one piece to replace this broken one.

Thanks though

I wasn't suggesting you buy 500 of them, once you have received the 1 off sample you have what you need.