Bangkok International to:

Khon Kaen from THB 99

Chiang Mai from THB 299

Phuket from THB 299

Hat Yai from THB 399

From/to Singapore Changi Airport

Bangkok from S$ 23.99 /

THB 499

I just booked a return to Singapore for Bt960 + exit tax Bt500 yuk! I had a return to Chiang Mai for Bt1040 and am off to Phuket for Bt2450 for two return. Ain't it great. The only constraints are free seating and 15k baggage but excess at Bt50 a kilo is OK.

I will post this on general messages as well but I thought it of general interest as it might well stimulate travel.

I don't know, I just talked to a girl who tried to book with Air Asia online and the website wouldn't accept her credit card and then when she phoned she finally hung up after being on hold for 10 minutes (long distance call). Seems they aren't too organized.

I don't know, I just talked to a girl who tried to book with Air Asia online and the website wouldn't accept her credit card
I have not used them as price came out almost the same as Thai for recent flights I booked; but if you can find the bargains it might be worthwhile - although having to fight for a seat or flying at midnight is not my idea of fun flying. Also could not make an April return from Chiang Mai reservation in February as their computer said no flights. Agree they do have teething problems!

They may block credit card transaction if name and/or address not exactly the same as booking name so she should probably check that. They do not mention if they accept debit cards (Thai will not) so that could be another reason.

Thai Air Return Fares are published at:

Phuket Bt 5250 or some budget at c Bt3200

Chiang Mai Bt4340 or some budget at Bt2800

Singapore Bt6240 - no budget

Air Asia's crazy prices are not all flights and not all days. If you are bargain hunting then you have to hunt and have flexible dates unless you are just very lucky. As I am saving Bt5280 I am comfortable arriving in Phuket at 23.00 hrs. After a good day in Bangkok I will fly and then sleep and wake up at the Phuket Tropicana gazing out to sea and breakfast on our balcony. The seating is not a scramble as they collect boarding cards and filter people onto the plane. If anything its easier than allocated seating as the plane tends to fill up from the front. The Thais don't seem to scramble for seats as they don't care about leg room.

One thing which is unlikely to effect many is that the insertion of dates on theri website won't work with Apple's Safari Browser but ti does with Explorer.

When phoning to complain about a problem or ask help I find that being put on hold and then cut off is a regular tecnique in Thailand. You must get straight through to a supervisor to stand any chance.

Guest The Judge

I know principle isn't a huge issue, but I have a hard enough time stomaching paying Kim Il Taksin for INternet Access, without giving it baht for air travel as well.

I am sticking with Orient-Thai.

Less liars on the board of owners IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...